“all inclusive?”

Ranked #16 of 46 Hotels in Corralejo
liverpool uk
“all inclusive?”
Reviewed January 4, 2008

The rooms are quite nice and the childrens activity personnel were first class. All inclusive....pay for a kettle to use for the baby's bottle...pay deposit for your towels in euros only, leaving you plenty at the end of your stay.....pay for a key to access the disabled lift to the only retaurant available for inclusive meals and sitiuated at the bottom of some 15/20 steep steps..........pay for an iron or wait till one becomes available and then pay. Local drinks? wine putrid, no discount for purchasing decent wine. Food extremely repetitive and dubious as to the number of guises it is served up as. Bar and reception staff who totally lack customer service. The whole experience was far from all inclusive and I would sooner have paid 50 pound each more and relax than be hounded for cash at every turn. It is not youn tot friendly and we were actually allocated a first floor chalet with steep stairs to carry our pram up and down. Overall, having stayed in the Bahamas Atlantis, this was a 2 star experience with four star aspirations.....wouldn't reccommend.

• Liked — room
  • Disliked — attitude of the staff and the all inclusive lie.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank theworldatyourfeet

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (953)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Wiltshire
Reviewed January 1, 2008

We have just returned having spent Christmas at the hotel, having had a nightmare journey to get there (delayed flight) we were exhausted.

When we went to our room it was clean and spacious, the children went straight the pool, leaving us adults to get refreshments at the Pool Bar.

We were All Inclusive, the food was buffet style - with plenty of choice, there were 7 in our party and everyone found something to eat that they enjoyed.

The rooms were cleaned daily (even Christmas Day) the public areas of the complex were also cleaned daily, with bins being emptied throughout the day.

Our TV in the room wan't working we called into reception of the way for our evening meal, by the time we returned that evening it had been fixed.

The staff were always polite and friendly. The Animacion team were brilliant with the children - in particular 'The Wall' as our children christened one of the team. (they spent many hours playing football - trying to score goals against 'The Wall' kept them entertained).

The shows in the evening were very good again thoroughly enjoyed by the children, they were in the front row of the theatre every night.

Christmas Day by the pool was an experience, hot and sunny listening to Christmas music. The children even got a visit from Santa in the afternoon.

Fantastic holiday we expereinced nothing that we were unhappy with.

• Liked — Cleanliness and the staff
  • Disliked — Leaving
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
13 Thank SplodgeWiltshire
South Midlands/North South East, England
Reviewed December 5, 2007

We stayed at this hotel from 24 November to 1 December, and were there last year late November/early December.

We returned to the hotel because we enjoyed the location, food, facilities and general all round enjoyment of the holiday.

For background, we're late 40s/early 50s, and don't want in your face karaoke/disco type entertainment. An attraction for us was the 20 minute or thereabouts walk into Corallejo itself. We have adult children, and much as I love children, been there, done that etc regarding young children. The amount of young children at this hotel is enough not to bother me, though I can't envisage visiting the resort in peak holiday times.

Up until halfway through our holiday, I was anticipating giving this review 5 out of 5 for the sheer relaxation and chill out factor.

That all changed after being afflicted with food poisoning. We ate at the Italian restaurant one night, I was violently sick in the early hours of the morning afterwards, I was scared to sleep for fear of choking on vomit. If I'd have had the energy, I'd have apologised to the adjacent room occupants for the sheer volume of toilet flushing. As a result of this, for the remainder of the holiday I was weak and unable to do much.

My husband was ok until the penultimate day of our holiday, then he was violently sick. I half heartedly mentioned my sickness at reception, they basically said no one else had been ill. However, from talking to other people I became aware of at least 4 other people who had been ill, the common denoninator appeared to be eggs.

I'm reasonably healthy normally, and not one a compensation/ get my money back types but was concerned at the lack of acknowledgement of a potential food poisoning outbreak.

Leaving aside the above, comparing the resort last year to this year:

Recognised at least 8 members of staff from last year, which I took as a positive sign.

The entertainment team were all new, and not as good as last year.

I'm not exactly a bingo fanatic, but they didn't bother with it some nights, it's been a good ice breaker in the past.

Room service was as good as last year.

Having said all of the above, would I go back again? Probably, because despite the food poisoning, the ethos of this type of vacation is exactly what I want towards the end of the year, but I'd be slightly wary.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Mountino
London, England
Reviewed December 2, 2007

Stayed at Atlantis for 1 week from 21st -28th Nov
We are in our early 30's.
Have 2 kids aged 3 and 9 months

Had a 2 bedroom suite which was great no kichenette though, but it had 1 twin room and 1 double with a kingsize bed. There was no door between the double room and the lounge but this was not a problem.
Our room was more near the relax pool and miniclub therefore we did not see any cranes. We never heard any building work noise.

it was nice as the hotel complex did not seem busy.
Grounds are well look after, all the staff we spoke to were very helpful. Mini club was good, clean.

Paddling pool was great for the kids as the water was warmed. Sunbeds were never a problem.
Spa was good i had a hot stone massage.

We were half board. Food was great we never had a problem finding something to eat and I am vegetarian.

So all in all we had a great holiday and would definately go back.

• Liked — it was spacious
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
11 Thank shah9
UK
Reviewed November 28, 2007

We stayed at the Suite Atlantis 7-14 November. We are in our early 30s
and prefer to be in quieter areas away from the kids. We were worried that this hotel would be very child orientated....and it is.....
however it all depends on what you want from your hotel. We booked a self catering room as these are located at the bottom right of the complex below the tennis courts (looking at the map on hotel website).
If you're not going self catering ask for a room at the bottom left of complex (think these are just normal suites). Rooms in the bottom left and right areas are also the furthest away from the main building
work next to the hotel so you won't be overlooking a building site (though you can still see it from wherever you are in the complex - it
never bothered us). We requested a 2nd floor room and glad we did as the concrete floors transmit a bit of noise from your neighbours, chairs being dragged on the concrete floors, people playing mini golf in their room at 6am etc ;( ... so it must have been worse on the ground floor. Saying that, it wasn't excessive. Our balcony overlooked
the tennis courts which was pleasant. Our pool area was nice and quiet
and never overrun with children. We didn't notice any unpleasant smells as previous guests have mentioned. No cockroaches either. We only used the hotel as a base and went to the beach most days (via the free hotel shuttle, very frequent) and ate out in the old town every night so I can't comment on the hotel food. I know that you had to book at least one of the restaurants the day before though, I think
between 9-10am - bizarre. We did go for a drink one night in the Plaza
within the complex and there was entertainment on for the children, one drink was enough for us. The complex is big but not too big, you soon got used to it. The hotel seemed very quiet until the 3rd day when we had a walk around and found the main activities area - a whole
different world to the quiet pool by our room and this is where all the kids are. Apparently whilst we were there Security asked some noisy children to move from one of the designated quiet pools which I thought was good, the place really is big enough to accommodate everyone. Our only complaint with the hotel was that only the main pool bar/restaurant was open which was really busy with all inclusives
and children. The lobby bar has a nice atmosphere but closes at 10pm so no good for a nightcap. Saying that the one drink we had in this bar was awful and I felt we were paying for cheap substandard drinks catered for all inclusives. (We had a cocktail so maybe you'd be OK with wine or beer.) Overall the hotel has a good, quality feel to it, the grounds are immaculate, the maid service fabulous - cleaned every day with new sheets and towels. Our room was large with sitting area, breakfast bar and kitchenette, a small walk in closet and we had a ceiling fan and air con. Bathroom was also very nice and a good size, really good water pressure. TV had CNN, Sky News and a movie channel.
All staff were very pleasant and helpful. Hotel is about a 15-20 minute walk into town (which we felt was too far at night however the area felt quite safe) but the Security guy at the hotel entrance will call you a taxi and you never wait more than a couple of minutes. Cost
is about 3euros. At £650 for the week we had a great stay at this hotel, not sure how I'd feel if we'd paid a lot more or gone all inclusive...but then we wouldn't stay anywhere all inclusive. Overall
we had a great stay and after seeing the other hotels within our budget were glad we chose the Suite Atlantis.

• Liked — Quality and size of rooms
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
11 Thank City_FolkTravelBugs
Whitley Bay
Reviewed November 17, 2007

We stayed at the Atlantis Resort , Corralejo, Fuerteventura, from 17/10/07 for one week All Inclusive.Our party was my wife and I and our two children 7 & 8. We arrived at about 8.30pm and the check in went ok until they sent us to our room with a map, in the dark, with little else but our navigation skills to guide us. When we eventually found our room there appeared to be no electricity to the lights etc and we were next to a building site. Needless to say I was not happy and stormed back to the reception to be told by a different receptionist that you needed to use your room card inserted above the light switch next to the door to allow the electricity to work. It would have been good of them to explain this when we checked in! I did ask to be moved rooms but they said the hotel was full, but once we got into the room it did not seem too bad. That was until my wife and I tried sleeping in the beds. They were rock hard and you woke up every time you turned over. Not a good start.
We explored and found a swimming pool that suited both kids and found other children about the same age that they played with. This left us to soak up the brilliant weather which was getting up to about 28 degress.
We found the food was very nice and plenty of selection for not only the children but also my wife who is vegetarian. We ate in the main restaurant all the time and the service was very good. The only factor that could have been better was that the food could have been hotter. The deserts however were excellent with plenty of choice.
The snacks at lunchtime in the pool bar were good also however I could not understand why only one person was serving sandwiches and cooking burgers/chips/pizza etc. This led to large queues and when you think the hotel was full at half term etc then the staffing could ave been better.
The hotel runs a free bus service to the sand dunes and beach which is well worth going to. We were given two body boards to use in the waves and these were excellent for not only the kids but me as well. Good fun!
We booked a late check out when we booked the holiday and thankfully after reading a review on this site I remembered to take confirmation of this with me. The hotel staff stated they had no knowledge of this when I inquired the day before our departure. I showed the man(it was only his second day working there!) my booking confirmation, he took a photocopy and assured me this would be ok. The following day we returned to our room about 3pm to get showered and changed before checking out to find the maid in the room stripping it completely. I was furious and again contacted reception who said they had no knowledge of our late check out. I again explained and they sent round some fresh towels with the maid who in her pidgeon english staed that the reception were loonies. We took advantage of some drinks before checking out as the previous year in Lanzarote they cut off our wrist bands as soon as we checked out, however this was not the case as they allowed us to keep the bands on until we left the hotel. I checked out at reception and found they had charged me for the late check out so I had to go through the hole thing again with the duty manager. So if you do book a late check out please remember to take confirmation of this or it will not be honoured.
Overall we enjoyed our holiday. The hotel was clean, the staff friendly and the food and weather good. We stayed at the Rubicon Palace in Playa Blanca, Lanzarote last year and considering how much we paid this year the Rubicon Palace was far more value for money.
I doubt we would stay at this hotel again, mainly due to the problems with the staff but I would consider staying on the island and possibly the same resort again.

• Liked — The sandwiches a lunch times
  • Disliked — The beds in the room
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank WhitleyBayBrodazz
swansea
Reviewed November 15, 2007

Returned from atlantis suite on 3 Nov, ok its a bit out from the shops but only a 15 min stroll through the lovely local villas.A bus runs every half hr to the beautiful golden sand and clear sea of the dunes beach, i have travelled many places but this is spotless clear and even warm at this time of year. The hotel was a village with 2 storey villas, when we arrived we were nr the part where there is a few hotels being built , so asked our Thomas Cook rep to move us, she did this the same day. The room was spacious and the bed was very big think it might have been a queen size.Ok there is not around the area at the moment but as i said this wont be like this in maybe a yr as the area will be upgraded. We had never been to Fuerventura but assure you we will be going back there.

• Liked — very spacious room
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
9 Thank lyndaSwansea
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corralejo
Gran Hotel Atlantis Bahia Real
#10 of 46 in Corralejo
LABRANDA Bahia de Lobos
LABRANDA Bahia de Lobos
#13 of 46 in Corralejo

Been to Suite Hotel Atlantis Fuerteventura Resort? Share your experiences!