This aparthotel is located in Correlejo, the northenmost town of Fueteventura. Like many other similar aparthotels in Fueterventura, it is an attractive cluster of low rise apartment type rooms, generally 1 bedroom, lounge/diner/kitchen/2nd bedroom (futon) with a bathroom and either a balcony or a garden view, facing inwards or outwards. There is generally a maximum of 2 or 3 storeys and like many similar complexes, is built below road level as the island is generally quite windy and this minimises wind intrusion.
I would recommend a inner facing room, preferably on the top floor as all apartments have hard flooring and stiletto heels are not easy listening at 7 o'clock in the morning. Go to the website and ask for a map of the complex to choose an apartment.
The complex is divided into 3 areas: Family, overlooking the crazy golf circuit(quite a challenge on a couple of the holes) and near the children's shallow pool, a central area overlooking the main pool area and restaurant/bar complex and the quieter area overlooking trees/shrubs etc with another pool nearby. The whole area is very clean and orderly. Maids clean the rooms most days. There are very few English people at this complex most being German. This is not a bad thing though. Opposite the aparthotel is a water park, not open when we were there but useful for children. It is a good 10 to 15 minutes walk to the town but well worth it, especially for bars and restaurants near the harbour and also the excellent range of shops.
Breakfast choice was exemplary but the evening meal choice, although varied, was not as good, and sometimes the food was warm at best but it did depend on what time you took your meal. Tennis court was good but quite sandy and slippery.
Organisation very good regarding transfers and excursions and staff very well organised.
Market nearby on Tuesdays.
This is the best Canary island regarding authenticity and very few high rise hotels. It is however fairly windy all the time and this is good in high summer. Would definitely go back to this island over the others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Las Marismas de Corralejo, enjoy the luminous apartments, with spacious terraces and balconies, as well as the Canarian and International food we offer in our restaurant. Enjoy our spectacular pools, all surrounded by beautiful gardens that imitate different elements of the landscape of Fuerteventura. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Las Marismas de Corralejo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Marismas De Corralejo Hotel Corralejo
- Las Marismas De Hotel Corralejo
- Marismas Corralejo
- Corralejo Las Marismas De
- Las Marismas De Corralejo Fuerteventura