We had a very pleasant activity filled holiday. Many thanks to Jenna, the Thomas Cook rep also the entertainment team: Harry, Steven, Alise, Megan, Melissa and Catrina who kept adults and teenagers very active with poolside games, football, table tennis, pool, basketball, darts etc and off site entertainment, ten pin bowling. They are a very enthusiastic bunch and I would recommend the teen activities.
Unfortunately the water polo tends to be for MEN and it is very rough and competitive. Suggest water polo games without MEN to let others have a chance to enjoy this activity too.
Thanks also to the barmen, David & Martyn, the receptionist, Maria, the Restaurant Staff, Mable and Hosea, who despite being very busy took time to listen and encourage our girls to speak in Spanish. Well done.
Board All Inclusive. Large Dining Hall and Snack Bar. Food Average. Some things coming out of that kitchen were not edible, certainly burnt to a crisp and covered in horrible herbs and vinegar. Dishes are not cleared away from tables - basically not enough staff on.
NO AIR CONDITIONING and it is HOT. Take a small fan with you. 40 euros inc deposit to hire. If you have two rooms you will need TWO fans.
Rooms: Very clean one bedroom apartment comfortable twin beds, a sofa bed, a single bed, very spacious, balcony, table, 4 chairs, wc shower, kettle and cups, TV with English speaking channels. Cleaned regularly. Towels are restricted due to environmental issues. So take a few extra that you are not bothered about and chuck them out on departure.
Pools are fine but are salt water, (kids and two large pools). Lilos are permitted but put your name on them as they get pinched when you go to lunch. Life guard - but only now and again.
Sunbeds - get up early and book them but please use them and not be so selfish as to come back 8 hours later.
Evening entertainment is a bit boring usually begins with Bingo and Play Your Cards Right.
Recommend the MHT show for adults and older teens. Book through your rep. It was a very good show with a 3 course meal included in price.
Shopping: Supermarket across street and a small shopping mall with music entertainment and a craft market on certain days. Main street full of shops, bars, restaurants - lots of night life going on.
Aqua Water Park - 5 minutes away from hotel. Free sunbeds. It's not a big park but we didn't have to queue and the restaurant on site was reasonable. Recommend the pizzas; they are big and delicious.
Beaches are nice but the current is strong and it is very windy.
Lots of trips available through the tour rep. However if going to Lanzarote beware it is a rough crossing and nearly everyone on the boat was sick during our trip.
Recommend the 8 seater tour "Inside Fuerteventura" with driver Antonio. Trips to cave, goat farm and lunch out. Brilliant.
The only thing that spoiled the holiday a bit was the French teenagers.
To the management of the hotel. You have great staff, but you need to sort out your security cameras and stop the theft of the sports equipment. You also need to issue your reps with spare keys for the sports arenas so that when they keys are not returned by members of the public the entertainment team can use them to allow the team activities to go on.
Consider also upgrading your facilities to include AIR CONDITIONING.
Thanks for keeping the kitchen and dining room open when our flight was 3 hours late. Much appreciated as there was no food on the flight over.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oasis Village, Apartments in Corralejo, with modern facilities and a wide range of services in Corralejo, Fuerteventura. Built in 2000 and renovated in 2010, the resort covers an area of 44,000 m2. This great complex of Apartments in Corralejo is situated 1500 meters from the beach and 800 meters from the center of Corralejo. It is also located close to many tourist attractions in Corralejo, including the Parque Natural de las Dunas de Corralejo, placed just 2 km away, and water and leisure park, Acua, just 50m. Oasis Village Apartments feature 207 rooms, 4 of which are designated and designed for disabled guests and 96 are equipped with kitchenette. All of them have furnished balcony or terrace. It has large gardens and spacious common areas, among other features that make it the ideal place to spend a relaxing holiday in Corralejo. We offer different plans of meals. From Self Catering until All Inclusive, with which you can enjoy international meals and some drinks from 8am until 11pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Oasis Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oasis Village Corralejo
- Oasis Village Fuerteventura/Corralejo
- Oasis Village Hotel Corralejo
- Hotel Oasis Village
- Fuerteventura Oasis Village