We have just returned from a 10 night stay with Airtours (Thomas Cook) 25th Sept - 6th Oct.
This was our 3rd time at the Oasis Village in Corralejo (14th time to Corralejo) which we have enjoyed immensely on previous occasions, this was our first without this children (all to old to be seen with mum & dad!
This year we had a pool view which initially put a huge smile on our faces. Previous years facing outwards from the complex.
This year the food at the complex just seemed to have fallen in quality on previous years, the variety was minimal again from previous years and we found ourselves going out for evening meals on 5 occasions out of the 10 nights.
BBQ night on our first Friday was good, booked for the second Friday to find it cancelled as not enough people booked, went to the restaurant, food was nothing to write hoe about so went out for the night.
Breakfast and lunch was OK, mixture of continental and cooked breakfasts, good salads at lunch, the beef stews at lunch time were confusing? 30 degrees outside and a beef stew for lunch?
Pool bar snack foods were the usual burgers, pizza, chips and salad, if you could been the doves to it! Yes i did say DOVES, the were constantly flying on to the food selection and picking at the food (great food hygiene)
Bars served the usual all inclusive drinks, main bar up to 11pm and in tall glasses for once, only plastic cups during the day, after 11pm though the prices were ridiculous. 4 euros for a small beer! you could get a large beer for 1.50 euros in Corralejo, so you need to stock up before 11pm!!!
Room size is amazing, the biggest rooms we have ever stayed in for the star rating.
Pools are all salt water, small child's splash pool at the rear of the main pool on the upper section, smaller but good sized pool at the lower section that was equally as good.
House keeping good, beds hard and uncomfortable but we new about this and were prepared.
As referred to earlier pool side view back toward reception was great, but due to the heat at night (22 - 25 degrees) we had to have the door open to let some air in. Bar noise until 1am got worse through the stay and the pool filtration system makes a horrid noise that keeps you up until sun rise, then we had Mr Sunbed to contend with!, this guy was up at 5.30am every morning without fail to re arrange the sunbeds to how he and his wife liked them, dragging them around without a care in the world. then preceded to entice all the cats on the complex with his squeaking noises at feed them cat biscuits. So we are coming home for some sleep! again just a personal moan.......
You can hire fans for around 15 Euros per week (plus refundable deposit)
You will also need to hire the safe in the room, 3 euros per night plus a 10 Euro deposit.
If you a couple looking for a child free environment when the schools go back forget it! not as many children here as the height of season but there was a lot and at each of the 2 pools meaning no real quite time. Take it there will be a few fines to pay when they get back!
Thomas cook team were very good. my only criticism would be too much sales push fro excursions and flicks night club who constantly walk round the pool area drumming up business.
Overall Oasis village is perfectly placed in Corralejo, family's on a budget will love it, but I would urge anyone going there to get out and about and look at the area or island if you can, too many people just stayed in the complex from drop off to pick up!
If the food improved dramatically we would return, some where else though next summer.
Hope this assists.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oasis Village, Apartments in Corralejo, with modern facilities and a wide range of services in Corralejo, Fuerteventura. Built in 2000 and renovated in 2010, the resort covers an area of 44,000 m2. This great complex of Apartments in Corralejo is situated 1500 meters from the beach and 800 meters from the center of Corralejo. It is also located close to many tourist attractions in Corralejo, including the Parque Natural de las Dunas de Corralejo, placed just 2 km away, and water and leisure park, Acua, just 50m. Oasis Village Apartments feature 207 rooms, 4 of which are designated and designed for disabled guests and 96 are equipped with kitchenette. All of them have furnished balcony or terrace. It has large gardens and spacious common areas, among other features that make it the ideal place to spend a relaxing holiday in Corralejo. We offer different plans of meals. From Self Catering until All Inclusive, with which you can enjoy international meals and some drinks from 8am until 11pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Oasis Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oasis Village Corralejo
- Oasis Village Fuerteventura/Corralejo
- Oasis Village Hotel Corralejo
- Hotel Oasis Village
- Fuerteventura Oasis Village