Just returned from 11 nights at the oasis with 2 adults & 2 children 7 & 3
And I must say I was a little apprensive on what to expect after reading the mixed reviews.
Well first impressions were good, clean apartment (basic) but a good base as your away to be out in the sun not in your room! We had a ground floor room with large terrace D108
We were in the D block which was close to the pool but wasn't too close for the noise, there are 2 large pools the top one being where the entertainment staff spent the days playing music, games, bingo, quiz,s etc if you don't like this sort of thing the bottom pool is a lot quieter but to be honest it broke the day up of sunbathing as they interacted with the kids.
There is also a kids club where you leave them to play for a couple of hours 2 or 3 times a day if you wanted them too ( although a lil tip if you don't book with Thomas cook you have to pay for this as we booked our hol all separate and was asked to pay €5 a session or €30 a week which I didn't pay as I thought its wrong to charge even though I hadn't booked through the tour operator.
The food..... Well like I have put in the title it is 3star not 5 star so you can't expect la a carte menu, it was ok that's the only gripe with the hotel but to be fair you always found something to eat so you can survive. We ate out a couple of times not because of the food but for change of scenery and there's some nice foods places in town about 10/15 ,in walk with loads of shops, restaurants etc.... The slow boat Chinese buffet is a must to try!!!!!
Lastly the entertainment staff Molly, Danny, Pete, Natalie, Malky make that place I think, they work really hard to make your hol enjoyable... Yeah the entertainment isn't the westend productions but they always try to get you involved and are always happy and upbeat and work really hard and get chucked in the pools constantly which must drive them crazy.
Overall we would defo return as its a great family fun holiday clean and tidy, and already looking to return next year
Don't listen to the negative reviews, if you want 5* you have to pay for it
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oasis Village, Apartments in Corralejo, with modern facilities and a wide range of services in Corralejo, Fuerteventura. Built in 2000 and renovated in 2010, the resort covers an area of 44,000 m2. This great complex of Apartments in Corralejo is situated 1500 meters from the beach and 800 meters from the center of Corralejo. It is also located close to many tourist attractions in Corralejo, including the Parque Natural de las Dunas de Corralejo, placed just 2 km away, and water and leisure park, Acua, just 50m. Oasis Village Apartments feature 207 rooms, 4 of which are designated and designed for disabled guests and 96 are equipped with kitchenette. All of them have furnished balcony or terrace. It has large gardens and spacious common areas, among other features that make it the ideal place to spend a relaxing holiday in Corralejo. We offer different plans of meals. From Self Catering until All Inclusive, with which you can enjoy international meals and some drinks from 8am until 11pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oasis Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oasis Village Corralejo
- Oasis Village Fuerteventura/Corralejo
- Oasis Village Hotel Corralejo
- Hotel Oasis Village
- Fuerteventura Oasis Village