just returned from a week at this hotel, there were 8 adults - age range 20 - 70 and a 5 year old child, we had a great week and weather was good too apart from one evening when it rained quite heavy. The staff are generally helpful and friendly and try to sort out any problems quickly. The hotel is not perfect and there are areas where there are minor faults but for what you pay you cant complain
ROOMS. The rooms are massive, a really large living area with a bed settee which was comfortable enough and a pull out bed which we didnt use.There are 2 single beds in the bedroom which are not that comfy but ok and a nice large bathroom with bath and shower and a huge wall mirror for doing your hair and make-up.There is a small fridge but its not very cold and a safe which you can hire and there is a kettle and cups ect there is t.v with a couple of channels but you can hire a remote showing sky movies and more if you want it. we had room 1104 which is a ground floor terrace which was right next to the bottom pool, it was really handy for running back for the toilet, going back for lilios ect but it was really really hot. We hired 2 fans which were a great help at night but did nothing much to cool the room the rest of the time. After a few days we exchanged rooms with my cousins parents as they found the walking from their room A222[first floor]difficult and although we missed the convenience of the terrace room this 1st floor room was so much airier and cooler and was worth the sacrifice. The hotel is desperately in need of air-con in both the rooms , entertainment area and restaurant , i dread to think what it must be like in July and August.
FOOD-The food was just o.k not too bad but repetitive and strange combinations. but on the whole its o.k the salad is divine though and as long as your not too fussy you wont go hungry , drinks are on tap, juice, water, lager, wine, tea, coffee ect [ tea/coffee not served at lunch and dinner in restaurant but is available at pool bar] .You can take your meals on the terrace just outside the restaraun if you want and its cooler here. The pool side has a nice bar serving soft and alcoholic drinks, cakes,fruit,pizza,hot dogs,salad ice creams ect through out the day and there is rarely much queing and there are lots of chairs,tables and parasols to sit at.
POOL- There are 3 pools which are all very clean, they are salt water and although very cold when you first try to get in,you soon get used to the temperature and i have certainly been in colder pools. The best thing about the hotel is the day time pool entertainment which was second to none provided by the brilliant entertainment team and yes the top pool is busy and might be too loud for some as there is always music playing[lovely music] if you dont like that scene there is another lovely quieter pool at the bottom. there is also a little kiddies pool. The top pool is a hive of activity and a lot of people get involved. there is aqua aerobics every morning which is great fun then there are quizzes, water polo, volley ball, skittles, lillo races,splash bingo ect- There were a lot of sun loungers and we didn't have to resort to placing towels on them,we always got a few beds around lunch time when we went down.It was also a very relaxed complex not like some who impose rules on everything. Lilos, balls ect were allowed in the pool, the kids were allowed to play ball on the paved areas, and this was refreshing.
EVENING ENTERTAINMENT-this was ok, not great but not bad either, first there was a kiddies disco then it was time to give out the certificates to the kiddies and teams who had won the daytime competitions, then play-your cards right and at 10pm the main act came on. this was often a show put on by the entertainment team and a couple of nights a week there is an outside act[the majician is superb]. the venue is very warm as there is no air-con, there is usually a que at the bar but they get through the crowd pretty quick,you are allowed 4 drinks at a time on the all inc package. SUMMARY- A great hotel especially for families, but if you are a moaner or expect 5 star for 3 star prices then choose somewhere else, however if you are ordinary folk looking for a great family holiday at a good price and can allow for a few minor faults then you wont be dissapointed. PITY ABOUT THE AICON AS IT REALLY LETS IT DOWN otherwisw Amazing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oasis Village, Apartments in Corralejo, with modern facilities and a wide range of services in Corralejo, Fuerteventura. Built in 2000 and renovated in 2010, the resort covers an area of 44,000 m2. This great complex of Apartments in Corralejo is situated 1500 meters from the beach and 800 meters from the center of Corralejo. It is also located close to many tourist attractions in Corralejo, including the Parque Natural de las Dunas de Corralejo, placed just 2 km away, and water and leisure park, Acua, just 50m. Oasis Village Apartments feature 207 rooms, 4 of which are designated and designed for disabled guests and 96 are equipped with kitchenette. All of them have furnished balcony or terrace. It has large gardens and spacious common areas, among other features that make it the ideal place to spend a relaxing holiday in Corralejo. We offer different plans of meals. From Self Catering until All Inclusive, with which you can enjoy international meals and some drinks from 8am until 11pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Oasis Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oasis Village Corralejo
- Oasis Village Fuerteventura/Corralejo
- Oasis Village Hotel Corralejo
- Hotel Oasis Village
- Fuerteventura Oasis Village