We spent 2 weeks here, and loved it. The staff were all really helpful and friendly. We had a slight problem with the fridge in our room leaking, and it was sorted within half an hour. The complex looked lovely-loads of well maintained garden areas, and hedges full of hibiscus flowers along the patios. The room was more than adequate-having a kettle and fridge was brilliant for us as we had a five month old baby with us. It was cleaned regularly and to a good standard, with plenty of clean towels. We made occasional use of the tv in the room as the weather was a bit iffy for a few days, though the excellent entertainment team and rep worked hard to amuse everyone! Our 2 year old absolutely loved the kids disco, and the team were great at keeping even the littlest kids involved, esp Sammi. We've been home nearly a week and she's still singing Cartoon Heroes!
The food was pretty good, always plenty of choice, some options better than others but that's to be expected. I was a bit concerned I'd struggle being vegetarian but I was really well catered for. The themed nights were the best, especially Mexican night.
Corralejo itself was lovely-loads of shopping, "proper" shops too, not just the usual tourist tat shops. The hotel is right next to a lovely little shopping centre, El Campanario, and the Baku market is just up the road on a Monday and Friday. I liked that there were different stalls in the hotel in the evenings too. We ventured out and about on the local buses which were cheap and efficient.
There was a lovely little playground and miniclub building with colouring, face-painting etc, and the lovely lady who worked there was very good at making sandcastles with our daughter! My only complaint was that the pool was freezing, even the alleged heated one! Fortunately our 2 year old can swim well enough to go in without us as it didn't seem to bother her until we eventually persuaded her to get out when her lips had turned blue!
The zoo was another great day out, free bus from outside the hotel which was really convenient, and comfortable.
Even the airport coming home surpassed our expectations. We waited an age to check in, but security checks were super organised, and we could have spent ages looking at the shops and playing in the kids play area, but we boarded and took off 20 mins early so we were a bit rushed!!!
Fab holiday, can't recommend it enough!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oasis Village, Apartments in Corralejo, with modern facilities and a wide range of services in Corralejo, Fuerteventura. Built in 2000 and renovated in 2010, the resort covers an area of 44,000 m2. This great complex of Apartments in Corralejo is situated 1500 meters from the beach and 800 meters from the center of Corralejo. It is also located close to many tourist attractions in Corralejo, including the Parque Natural de las Dunas de Corralejo, placed just 2 km away, and water and leisure park, Acua, just 50m. Oasis Village Apartments feature 207 rooms, 4 of which are designated and designed for disabled guests and 96 are equipped with kitchenette. All of them have furnished balcony or terrace. It has large gardens and spacious common areas, among other features that make it the ideal place to spend a relaxing holiday in Corralejo. We offer different plans of meals. From Self Catering until All Inclusive, with which you can enjoy international meals and some drinks from 8am until 11pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oasis Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oasis Village Corralejo
- Oasis Village Fuerteventura/Corralejo
- Oasis Village Hotel Corralejo
- Hotel Oasis Village
- Fuerteventura Oasis Village