“Lovely Change from the strip restaurants.”
Review of The Ugly Duckling

The Ugly Duckling
Ranked #1 of 422 Restaurants in Corralejo
Cuisines: Danish, Scandinavian, International
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Ugly Duckling is a small, intimate, scandinavian inspired restaurant in Corralejo. Our love for the food, and highest quality ingredients shine through in our dishes.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We'd always meant to try the Ugly Duckling based on the excellent reviews it gets, but for one reason or another, never managed when it was in the centre of town. Anyway, a reservation and short cab ride brought us to the delightfully decorated restaurant. As all other reviews state, the welcome is wonderful (Henrik? apologies if not correct name) makes you immediately feel at home. Our starters of seared prawns and goats cheese and tomato salad were excellent as we're mains of Danish Beef Stew and Secreto Iberico (nicely cooked pork). I didn't have a dessert, but wife had a lovely sorbet. Cost is reasonable for the quality and service. Highly recommended.

2  Thank NW6_Traveller
Write a ReviewReviews (1,035)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This place is amazing. The warm welcome you receive on arriving is like no other, brilliant service. The food is awesome & if you are ever near here you MUST try it. The roast is to die for. What a lovely night to celebrate our engagement.
Thank you!

2  Thank La91x
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I was looking for a great restaurant for a birthday meal with friends during my recent visit to Fuerteventura and The Ugly Duckling didn’t disappoint. Attentive owners and great service served alongside delicious food. Limited menu but fresh ingredients. I can recommend the goats cheese salad and the Danish stew; yummy. We made a reservation which I would recommend doing.Well worth a visit. I would definitely revisit on a future trip.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have dined twice at the UD, once when they were in the harbour and more recently when they made the move up the road to their new location.

This is about food, food, food and service, the food is all about taste and flavours, something for everyone and the hosting service is second to none, ask a question and you get just the right information about the food.

They offer a very personal service, lovely new decor and setting, quite intimate and always advised to make a reservation, it can be hard to get a table.

If i could afford to, i would eat there more than once per holiday, but it is so nice, the cooking is just amazing, it seems a shame to spoil such a great place to eat.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank Justin Q
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We heard of this restaurant on Trip Advisor, so had to try it out. Main points the food and service was very good, tasty and attentive service. Nice touches with Cave on arrival and homemade bread and olives as appetizer. Their chips are homemade and the most delicious I have tasted in a long time. I had duck which was pink and tasty with nice vegetables accompanied. My husband had the stew which was good nice, but not spectacular for the price. I could make better at home. The desert was a bit bland, chocolate but nothing spectacular. I can understand why you have to book, only about ten tables, it was only half full. Only one chef and one waiter/ owner. If they had more good staff they could easily double their occupancy. A bit out of the way, but nice if a bit pricey for Corralejo. Nice for a couple out on their iwn.

1  Thank Marie B