“Moonlight and planets”

Stars by Night
Ranked #13 of 80 Tours in Corralejo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Stars by Night is the first astro touristic project in Fuerteventura that offers tourists and residents a chance to enjoy and combine the observation of the stars, with the knowledge of the local environment and gastronomy, in a friendly, fun and quality manner. Our tours are aimed at novices, however, the knowledge of our astronomer is phenomenal so all questions are welcome! You will get the opportunity to observe the stars, planets and other astronomical activity, accompanied by our qualified astronomer. We offer stargazing observations, astronomy courses and night photography workshops. Fuerteventura has stunning beaches and dramatic mountainous landscapes. Don’t miss out on it’s amazing starlight display too. Join us for a real treat and learn more about our amazing universe. Please check our website for more details or email us directly.
Reviewed June 27, 2014

This was bought as a birthday present for my husband. the three of us (husband, my sister in law and myself) were picked up from our villa location and taken first to join the rest of our party, a mixed group of Spanish, German, Australian and English.

We met at Casa Marcos in Villaverde - an amazing restaurant, the local food was superb and the staff were friendly and very helpful. Karen had even arranged for a birthday cake for my husband, a lovely surprise.

Enrique the astronomer explained the type of food we would be eating and also the cultural and environmental values ​​of the island and the importance of being a Unesco Biosphere Reserve.

Then we were ready to go. It had become cloudy while we were enjoying our meal but after a few phone calls a destination was decided. Back into the cars and after a few miles we were off-roading. It's an idea to wear trainers or something similar and make sure you have something warm with you just in case it gets cool.

Enrique set up his telescope and even though there was a very bright full moon we were able to clearly see Saturn and its rings and Mars. Enrique is obviously passionate about astronomy and was able to give so much information to our party. Our time star gazing went so quickly but it was time to leave.

I can thoroughly recommend this, you don't have to be an avid stargazer to enjoy the evening.

5  Thank joanyflower

Reviewed April 27, 2014

After excellent tapas in authentic restaurant we were driven off road amongst ancient volcanoes. Our sons (aged 10 & 12 years) were enthralled as we all lay on rugs to have their star signs pointed out and to see Saturn , Jupiter and mars throught the telescope. Amazing . Hot chocolate was welcome. Be advised trainers and a coat is still useful even after 25 c in day. Some of the group were professional stargazers and praised the night. We would like to go again.

4  Thank gill W
Reviewed March 19, 2014

My boyfriend and I had a wonderful time on this stargazing evening with the lovely Karen. We had a delicious meal before at one of the best restaurants on the island - fantastic tapas - and then went to such a romantic spot for some stargazing. Karen's astronomy colleague is so knowledgeable and passionate about the stars and we really enjoyed listening and watching him point out various constellations. We even got to look through his telescope at various points in the evening and saw the moon in the most amazing detail. This was a really fun night and a lovely thing to do! We both really recommend it.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I booked this for my husband and I 20th wedding anniversary in October 2013. I booked the trip for 2. It was fantastic, Karen kept the secret completely, planned lovely surprises for me too! which I didnt expect, beautiful restaurant and meal , very helpful and informative with great communication by e-mail prior to holiday. Enrique the astronomer really knows his stuff and talks in a very interesting way, for all abilities.
Romantic ,informative and very smoothly ran. Cant recommend highly enough 5*
Amanda

Reviewed January 18, 2014

We spent a really interesting evening learning about the Fuerteventura environment, local food and drink, the universe and stargazing.

After a great meal with our guides and the rest of the Group (where our vegetarian requirements were well catered for with delicious meal and wine) we headed out to a remote area of the island well away from the light pollution of the build up areas. Here, an astronomer set up a a powerful telescope and we had a good look at the moon, Jupiter and its moons and various other aspects of the galaxy while learning many interesting facts and features. Would highly recommend this to anyone who has either a passion for the stars or just a passing interest.