“Return visit”

Abyss Fuerteventura
More attraction details
Owner description: Simon and Hannah welcome you to Abyss Fuerteventura.We are situated in the town of Corralejo in the North of Fuerteventura an island with 150km of sandy beaches and turquoise waters in the Canary Islands.Come and join us to discover the secrets of the underwater world. We would love to share our experience and passion of diving with you, here in the warm and clear waters of Fuerteventura.We offer a full range of PADI courses, from beginner to professional, always in small groups with all our professionalism and attention.All the courses can be taught in ENGLISH, and SPANISH. We will take all the time you need to make sure you enjoy each moment of your course in a safe environment.We can arrange free Hotel pick-up.Opening hours : From 9 am t 7pm open everyday we are now please to announce that we are a Gold Star Deptherapy Instructor Development Center, we we can offer the full range of deptherapy courses as well as PADI
Hove, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Return visit”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Last dived with Abyss in September 2012 and we returned this year to complete your PADI Advance Open Water. Before I travelled we contacted the new owners Simon & Hannah and made some plans via email, and when we eventually met them (and intern Dave), we were made to feel very welcome. All the equipment is very well maintained and they will only dive with very small groups, so felt very safe and comfortable.

Every day we were picked up and dropped back to our hotel and everything was well managed and almost felt like you could just turn up, change into our wetsuits, do a briefing and then go dive.

We did two daytime dives followed by a night dive - which if the conditions are good then I would highly recommend as the sea really comes to life in the dark. We also completed a couple of deep dives which again where excellent. After the dives they provide coffee, water and cakes and we even got a photo editing lesson at a local bar which was a great way to get to know our hosts.

Really enjoyed every dive and had some great laughs, I would highly recommend diving with them and would definitley come back and dive with them again.

Please note that you do need a medical certificate to dive here, we had one completed in 5 mins, and a Drs office just around the corner from the dive shop which cost approx 25 euros or you can get one from your own GP - these last 2 years.

Visited July 2013
smac343, Owner at Abyss Fuerteventura, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
David , many thanks for the kind words and indeed the great time diving you you guys, the photo editing lesson will be a hard act to follow for years to come. you both did an amazing job on the course and we look forward to seeing you both back out here real soon...

even if not diving please pop in for a coffee and a catch up.

Simon

Pewsey, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best dive centre on the island”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Team Abyss Fuerteventura are marvellous! They looked after us from day one, making sure we had everything we needed for a great holiday. Their dive centre is a friendly, first rate diving centre and their professionalism made sure that every dive was a great one but above all safe. Whether you want to fun dive or take a course, Abyss Fuerteventura is the dive centre to choose, divers of all ages and experience are welcome and I would recommend it to everyone to try it as part of their holiday to Corralejo.

Visited July 2013
smac343, Owner at Abyss Fuerteventura, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Karen, it was great to dive with you and you are a true professional in and out of the water many thanks, and the Team at Abyss can't wait to dive with you again real soon

S&H
Verwood, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Scuba dives”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

dived with the new owners twice here in May, both dives were good but preferred last years owners to be honest,

smac343, Owner at Abyss Fuerteventura, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Glad to hear you enjoyed the Discover Scuba Diving Experience and hope you go on to do one of the diving courses in the future.
West Bromwich, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great Team”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Many thanks to both Hannah and Simon, and also their DM Dave for making me so welcome at abyss, I had 2 great dives with them at El Jablito, although not deep dives very enjoyable, They have got a great diving mentality, always safety first then fun and laughter. Coffee and cake during our S.I. what a nice touch. Once again many thanks guys, keep doing what your doing and I dont think you'll go wrong. Will definately see you next time I'm on the island.

smac343, Owner at Abyss Fuerteventura, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
It was a pleasure to have met and dived with you, and to have pulled up a sand bag and spun dits....when your next out we will venture to Lobo. till then S.A.F.E diving

Hannah and Simon
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highlight of Holiday”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I just want to say firstly that I never usually bother with the writing of any reviews but after the diving experience with Simon and Hannah I actually feel compelled to do so. I been a complete beginner felt completely at ease for a finish (all be it after 1 or 2 very hairy early moments!) My partner who has done in excess of 20 dives and already had the padi license was overwhelmed at how knowledgeable easy going and PATIENT they were in comparison to other instructors she had especially given my earlier antics!

Hands-down life changing experience and as I write this am looking up to build on my first lessons with the guys with a local club in Ireland to get my padi and return in the future.

We wish both of you all the best- top notch day 11/10!

1 Thank ConorH1987
smac343, Owner at Abyss Fuerteventura, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Guys we had a great time diving with you both and wish you all the best with your future diving back home... if you need any advice or information please just drop us a line and we can help. we look forward to seeing you both back under the waves real soon

Simon & Hannah