We just returned from a two week self catering break in this aparthotel. As other reviewers have said, the rooms are kept very clean and tidy by the cleaning staff who attend the rooms five days out of seven - excellent. The reception staff were very helpful too. Last year we did the Barcelo Corralejo Bay which was much better placed for access to the strip and the harbour, which we really love. This is about another 10/15 minutes walk which is OK when it isn't really hot.
We didn't take up the option of sampling the food on offer in the restaurant so cannot comment on that although other reviewers seem happy with it. Likewise we don't really get involved with the evening entertainment; I know the 'animations' teams work hard but we are glad when the disco/games etc finally comes to a close at around 11pm :)
If you are a sunbather around the pool, there are water polo games played and other pool activities which are extremely noisy so take some headphones!
Which brings me to our only major gripe... and it can be stated here that when were at the Barcelo Corralejo Bay we had no problems as it is (was) adults only - but at the Playa Park almost every night there were hordes of young teenagers, probably 11/12/13/14 year olds, (mainly French) making a lot of noise shouting, screaming, singing, laughing - around the children's play area and running around the back of the complex (where, unfortunately we were situated). Luckily we had no children staying with us or it would certainly have been a problem getting them to sleep. The hotel needs to consider whether there should be someone patrolling the complex after dark just to ensure that no-one is causing a nuisance to other guests. Nothing heavy handed, just someone to remind these kids there are youngsters trying to sleep.
Other than that, we had a great time. The accomodation comprised of a lounge with a TV (extra euros), a dining suite, a sofa bed and armchair. The bedroom with twin beds was small and to walk round the beds there was only about 18" of space, good wardrobe space, a safety deposit box (extra euros). The bathroom has no bath just a shower, which was OK. A small balcony at the rear, a larger one at the front with a partitioned off section accessible from the kitchen for drying laundry. We used their washing machine and dryer (extra euros) twice - excellent. Wi-fi is good, reception even where we were at the back of the complex but, you've guessed it, many extra euros. For the fortnight, 30 euros.
If I could give 3.5 stars I would, so I have rounded up to four. It loses out on position, noise and too many extras chargeable - in my opinion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The smartline Playa Park is located on the beautiful island Fuerteventura and is approximately 1,5 km away from the sandy beach. The city center is nearly 20 min. away from the smartline Playa Park. Moreover, the airport is around 40 km away from the hotel. In the restaurant of the smartline Playa Park you can find to each meal a fresh buffet. In the afternoon the hotel offers small snacks. At the pool bar you can enjoy fresh drinks with snacks. In the city center you can find many traditional restaurants and typical bars. The smartline Playa Park offers a gym which is inclusive. You can also play billiard, squash and tennis. Moreover, you have got the possibility to rent a bike at a local rent-shop to discover the island. In the evening you can enjoy the shows in the smartline Playa Park which are performed three days in the week. To receive a massage or use the sauna, you've got to pay a small fee. Moreover, besides the pool the smartline Playa Park offers a separate children pool and a playground. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your smartline Playa Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Park Club Hotel Corralejo
- Playa Park Hotel
- Playa Park Corralejo
- Smartline Playa Park Fuerteventura/Corralejo