“Fantastic holiday”

Ranked #14 of 45 Hotels in Corralejo
UK
“Fantastic holiday”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

What a fabulous time we spent at Playa Park. We couldn't have asked for a better hotel.
The staff were really friendly and helpful. Tanya at reception, Shaggy the entertainer and Samba at the bar were a few we remember who always had a smile.
The food was the best all inclusive we have ever had. From breakfast to dinner it didn't fail to impress.
The pools were always clean and managed well by the lifeguards run by Manuel who was very organised. The grounds are very green and lush setting off the pool area.
Our room was fab. 3 balconys. Pool view and the smaller balcony had a washing line to dry our swims and towels.
The maids were very good and cleaned to an excellent standard.
The Manager of the hotel was helpful and definitely cares for his customers. He helped us out when we had a problem with our second booked accommodation at the Barcello ( which I'll be writing a not so good review about). The Manager of Playa Park managed to accommodate us in his other hotel The Arena which was another excellent hotel. If it wasnt for his kindnesses we would have been truly stuck due to the Barcello messing up our booking. .... overall thank you Playa park and your Manager for a really enjoyable stay. We will be returning.

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank SmilyFamily
Hermelindo, Head of Reception at smartline Playa Park, responded to this review, August 8, 2013

As head of the reception I would like to thank you on behalf of the hotel
for sharing your thoughts and comments on this web page.
your feedback means a lot to us because we always try our upmost
best to make sure we meet all of our guests demands.
I am very happy to hear you had a nice stay here with us
and hope to be able to welcome you again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Good clean basic hotel with very pleasant staff willing to do most things requested straight away, we had problem with bathroom sink and as soon as we reported this it was attended to,also a missing sink plug in kitchen was quickly sorted.Very clean rooms and people always tidying around the complex and with a good service at the bar.Most efficient staff were on reception ,always giving good advice.Only downside was problem with a cleaner not locking the patio door,which we had to report 4 times when we gave up and did not complain on the 5th and did not therefore leave a gratuity which I felt guilty about but felt it was the only answer..Would go again !

Room Tip: rooms in 400 s are near the bar but this closes at 11pm so no major problem
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Anthony m
Hermelindo, Head of reception at smartline Playa Park, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the hotel I would like to express our gratitude for taking the time
to write a review here on Tripadvisor.
We are happy to hear you had an ejoyable stay.
And we are already looking forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Kindest regards,
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 29, 2013

when we arrived in june we were swny to a dtfferent hotel as there was some water damage to some of the rooms. We were disapointed but were sent for the next morning, the hotel was lovely and the staff were very friendly. The all inclusive food was really nice and a great variety. The only disapointment was the plastic glasses and the bar closing so early. The rooms were spotless. i would return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank yoyo433
Hermelindo, Head of reception at smartline Playa Park, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the hotel I would like to thank you for taking the time to write
us a review on this website.
We benefit from all feedback as we try our best to meet all demands and
preferences of our customers.
Once again our apologies for the inconveniences upon arrival.
The plastic glasses in the pool bar are a must for health and safety regulations.
I am delighted to hear your stay with us was an enjoyable one.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We returned to Playa Park for a second time in the last week of June. We had previously stayed there in October; and we decided to go back after we had a great time. We arrived there only to be transported to another hotel because some of the one-bedroom apartments were being refurbished. We were disappointed as we were moved to a different hotel which was an extra long, strenuous walk away from the shops on the strip. However, the staff were incredibly apologetic and guaranteed us a room for the following day. The staff are very welcoming and friendly and we felt at home as soon as we were put back into the hotel. Yet again, I couldn't fault the food - there's always an array of choice, but lunch times can get quite repetitive. Our apartment was clean but there was one snag - our room was situated towards the bottom area of the pool and we found ourselves up most nights splatting mosquitoes with our shoes! The entertainment was good; there's a kids disco at the start of the evening and normally a show on afterwards. The pool area is always kept clean and tidy but we found the pool was a lot colder than when we last visited! Nevertheless, we would return for a third time after yet another brilliant holiday. It's a very family-friendly hotel and it is only a short walk away from lots of shops, bars and restaurants.

Stayed June 2013
Hermelindo, Head of reception at smartline Playa Park, responded to this review, July 29, 2013

As head of the reception I would like to thank you on behalf of the hotel
for sharing your thoughts about us here on Tripadvisor.
I also would like to apologize once again for the inconvenience upon
arrival in the hotel, but according to your comments our staff dealt with
the situation in a correct manner.
Sadly enough mosquitos tend to be around here in our type of climate
during the summer months.
I am happy though that they didn't spoil your holiday and I am pleased to
hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Staines, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2013

My mum (54) and I (24) have just returned from a week's stay self catered at Playa Park. We wanted a chilled out, relaxing holiday and that's exactly what we got! The weather was fantastic and we were so grateful for the breeze that we have seen some people have critisized here. The apartments are clean, a good size and most of them overlook the pool. We were in room 423 and our balcony was quite shady for most of the day but that didn't bother us as we didn't exactly want to stay indoors all day!

There is a supermarket (Hyperdino) a couple of minutes walk across the road which is very reasonably priced, as well as a small shopping mall type place next to the supermarket, The main strip of shops, restaurants and bars is about a 10-15 minute straight walk from the hotel and stretches for what feels like forever! We went there a few days and didn't feel like we had exhausted the place at all. There are many restaurants the other side of the strip along the beach too, even great just to stop for a drink and an ice cream whilst overlooking the beautiful views. Near the end of the strip, there is a train which takes you on a 30 minute journey round Corralejo to see the sights, including the view of Lanzarote and the nearby marina. This was 5 euros per adult and 4 euros per child, which is extremely reasonable. We even went on the train again a couple of days later, just to see the sights again!

We did have the buffet once at the hotel, which was fantastic. You pay 10 euros per adult (5 per child) and you get to go up as many times as you like. You also get drinks (Sangria and local beer included I think) and coffee and pudding. They have a different theme each night, so our night was 'Mexican', but we did see others - 'International', and 'Italian' and 'Asian' to name a few. We also ate and drank at the pool bar quite a few times. Food and drink is really cheap there and staff were very helpful and all spoke English well. Numerous bar staff kept not charging us for drinks though, despite the fact we always tried to give them the money. Their generosity was amazing. Make sure you try the 'Honey Rum' when you are on the island too! Yum yum!!

Evening entertainment at the hotel was great and catered for all. The bar closed and entertainment stopped at 11pm. There was a children's small disco almost every night and in our time we had a reggae night, live music, comedy, bingo and a parrot show (which was incredible!) There were many activities during the day too, including aqua aerobics, water polo, table tennis and Spanish lessons. Shaggy, the entertainment guy was great and full of enthusiasm, and always tried to get people involved.

My ONLY criticism would be the amount of mosquitos which were obviously present in the room at night. I was bitten only 3 times during the week, but my mum was bitten once on the first day, and then used insect repellent and was bitten a total of 55 times by the end of the holiday!!!! We did bring this matter to the attention of reception staff who gave us a plug in repellent for a 5 euro deposit, but I'm not even sure this made a difference. We were woken up quite a few times in the night by the sound of a mosquito flying by us. However, please don't let this put you off!! As long as you sleep under the thin sheet you'll be ok!!

I thoroughly recommend Playa Park and would not hesitate to visit again in the future!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
8 Thank AlisonK1234
Dear Guest,

I would like to express my gratitude for taking the time to write us such an extensive
review here on Tripadvisor.
All of us here are delighted you and your mother had an enjoyable stay with us,
despite the mosquito bites.
The whole team here at Playa Park are already looking forward to welcome
you again in the near future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We returned to playa park for the 2nd time at the end of May beginning of June.
Again good apartment,beautiful pool,good food . Sorry to say though we had the misfortune to meet the rudest,most arrogant man ever. He worked the bar and I believe his name is Samba. He for no reason took an instant dislike to myself and my family.He pointedly would ignore my son at the bar and serve other people in front of him.We watched one night and my son was at the bar for at least twenty minutes,another member of staff attempted to serve my son and Samba pulled him away to serve someone else. My husband went to the bar to speak to Samba and was told to move away from the bar.
My husband immediately went to speak to the restaurant manager who was very apologetic.
Many nights there was only this Samba behind the bar and it made the rest of the holiday quite uncomfortable going for a drink. He speaks down to people and is rude to the point of being argumentative, I noticed that the service you got was very good if you were a young female or were tipping constantly.....
Will I return to playa park .... If Samba is on holiday or leaves then most definatly yes.
Other than that you may have lost a customer.I also notice that Playa park is down in the ratings on trip advisor, This is a shame.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank eileen j
Dear Guest,

As head of the reception I would like to thank you for sharing
your thoughts and comments here on Tripadvisor.
I am very sorry to hear about the problem that you encountered with one
of our bar staff. And I would like to apologize on behalf of the person in
question. I was surprised to hear about it, as he is always highly regarded
by most of guests.

Northallerton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We just came back from our holidays and really enjoyed our stay. We went all inclusive and was more than happy with our choice. The staff were friendly, the rooms were great, and I was more than happy with the food. They have different theme night so the evening food change a bit to give variety. The evening entertainment is not really good, but I didn't expect it to be great. We will be returning to this hotel again on an all inclusive basis. The big pool is heated. I would say though that if you don't enjoy a 10 minute walk on flat ground to town then this hotel might not be for you.I would highly recommend going on the buggy ride as an excursion , but beware as you will get dirty and you need a scarf over your face for the dust. There is a chinese called Slow Boat II Wok in the Plaza beside the Mexican and it is great.
We didn't like the Mexican though.

Room Tip: Might want a room on the second floor so you can open window at night whilst sleeping.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LBJ1971
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the hotel I would like to express my gratitude for taking
a moment of your time to write us a review.
Your thoughts and comments mean a lot to us as we try our best to
meet all demands of our customers.
We are delighted to hear you had a great time here in Playa Park.