“Great week in the sun.”

smartline Playa Park
Ranked #13 of 45 Hotels in Corralejo
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My girlfriend Isy and I stayed here for 1 week at beginning of October and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The room was clean and spacious and was cleaned every day except Sunday. Facilities were adequate to make light snacks with a 2 ring cooker, microwave, toaster and kettle. We had no plates though and bought paper ones from local supermarket. When we booked in we were given a room without terrace or balcony even though we had paid extra for that facility. A polite word with reception and we were immediately given a balcony room overlooking the great pool area. The Brits have taken over the towel on sunbed routine from 7.30 in morning. They then disappear for breakfast or shopping leaving others who are ready for a sunbed without. It was great fun therefore to watch the pool attendants removing these towels and dumping them in piles around the pool. Selfish people should note that the staff here will find you out and deal promptly and fairly so beware. As we were room only we paid for our drinks at bar and they were very reasonably priced. We tried the restaurant once and paid 10 euros each for what was lukewarm, too salty food even though there was plenty of choice. I'm glad we went room only as there are plenty of bars and restaurants very local around the bell tower. It's a good 15 min walk down towards the town and harbour area which is fab. A good tip is to head from hotel down through residential area towards the ocean and you will find beach bars to comfort you on trip into town. A taxi back from harbour will cost under 4 euros and there's loads of them. We would definitely go back to Playa Park but again on room only basis.

Room Tip: Just make sure you get what you've paid for. As there's no air con you will appreciate the b...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Terry K
Hermelindo, Director General at smartline Playa Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Dear Mr Terry,

As the general manager of the Playa Park resort I would like express my
gratitude for your opinion here on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to hear you've enjoyed your holidays here with us.
Feedback like yours helps us to improve our standards.
I have already spoken with the kitchen and restaurant staff to deal
with the matter of the temperature and saltiness of the food.

Thanks again for your review
Myself and all of the staff here at Playa Park are looking forward to
welcome you again in a near future.

Kind regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,803)

Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for 14 nights this is our second time at playa park.
Rooms: spotlessly clean, cleaners around every day except Sunday. We had a one bedroom terraced apt it was shaded by trees and foliage so stayed cool throughout the day!apts are well equipped and spacious cannot fault them.
Pool: main pool is heated which is nice, another cooler pool with a slide and a kiddies one with characters and slides . We had no problem getting sunbeds and the pool area is nice and relaxing.

We didn't eat in the restaurant the pool bar food is ok it's very cheap 1.00 euro for fries. The barmaid in the pool bar clearly hates her job never smiles and can be rude at times. My only negative is that they give drinks in plastic cups its annoying my partner ordered a pint and got it in 2plastic cups, we refused to take it....eventually we got a glass but had to ask every time!
:agua down by the harbour do amazing cocktails, el toro bravo do fab steaks and kebabs. New slow boat V is the best Chinese in corralejo and there buffet is lovely. Try to take a trip to Los lobos it costs 15euro return ferry and only takes 15 mins the lagoons there are out of this world!!! Make sure to bring water and food as there is no shop only a restaurant which is always booked out. Playa park is a gem we will definitely be back again next year .

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank EveCork

Dear Ms Cork,

As the general manager of Playa Park I would like to express my
gratitude for taking the time to write a review.

I am sorry to hear about your disappointment regarding the beer
being seved in a plastic glass. The reason therefore is simply
"heath & safety" meassures. During opening hours of the pool
drinks get served in plastic cups, as to many guests tend to take
drinks to the pool area and don't consume them on the terrace.
I am glad to hear that apart from that minor issue you've enjoyed
your stay here with us.

If you ever would consider to come again and we could be of any
assistance in planning your stay, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Our reception staff will happily attend you in this matter.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

My boyfriend and I were a bit nervous after reading the mixed reviews but I guess we got lucky as we had a FAB time!!

We stayed in room 202, which was a ground floor apartment which you could walk straight out to the pool from. The apartment was clean and spacious, no air con but at this time of year it wasnt too hot, bareable. The cleaners made a bit of a racket every morning but it was a good alarm clock lol.

The weather was great. There was a few rain showers on couple of the days but to be honest we were happy with that - being in the heat all day every day got a bit much especially after taking advantage of the all inclusive drinks ;)

The food was good but we were there for 10 days and it got a bit repetetive after a while so ended up eating out most nights, The restaurants in the area were fab! Food was lovely in every place we went to. I would definitely reccomend 'BoardRiders' which is in the little square bit 5 min walk from hotel.

The main strip is about 15 minutte walk away, and only cost 3euros in a taxi. We had some great nights in the Corner Rock Cafe and Rock Cafe - Live music every night! FAB!
Also enjoyed nights at The Juke Box, Flicks Kareoke Bar, Paddys Irish Bar. There are lots of places to go :)

Overall, we had a brilliant time. We arent too fussy so if you are a couple wanting some fun and sun then I would definitely recomend this hotel. Great location, good value for money, especially for food and drink if you go all inclusive. Clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Room 202 was a good one for us
3  Thank Sam M

Dear Mr, Mrs

As the general director of the hotel I would like to thank you
for taking the time to write a review.
I am delighted to hear you've enjoyed your stay
and we will be looking forward to welcome you here again!

Reviewed October 7, 2012

All reviews on here are true, get the right room superb, wrong one ? We had 403 perfect in every way, room modern, clean, view from balcony, spacious.
Location central for dunes one way bars the others, taxis very cheap approx 3 euro to town or 15 minute walk, get a map from reception, quickest way to town the beach, go straight across at roundabout, not left to shop centre, then cut down alley on right to beach, left to town. To Dunes, right at roundabout keeping half built ruin on left.
We truly enjoyed this hotel on an all inclusive basis, two of the staff stand out for abrubtness/rudeness, the morning bar person is slow, fails to smile and comes across as rude and cant be bothered, the blonde on reception has a lovely smile and deneanour around 20% of the time, the rest?
Food is varied and well presented, to the manager it needs to be kept warmer, spoiling a good feast.
Drinks no problem, would definitely return.
Treat the shows as a laugh, especially the juggler.
You will enjoy staying here in the right room.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SimmoS_Yorks
Hermelindo, Director General at smartline Playa Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Dear Mrs, Mr

Reviewed October 6, 2012

just returned fron playa park arrived at the hotel and was put in a studio with no balcony not a happy bunny. we had requested a room with a balcony and was told we would have one. the room was hot and sweaty as the sun had been on it all afternoon. i spoke to reception and the chap did say we could change the next day but would cost us another 100 euros was not happy but we paid it . We stayed in the room over night and got moved the next day (at our cost ) the new room had a terrace and led straight on to the pool it was lovely. after the poor start the holiday vastly improved the pool was lovely and kept clean at all times. rooms and all areas was spotless. staff where all very helpfull and was always pleasant will be going again next year .

Room Tip: dont go for a studio
1  Thank Debbie C

Dear Mrs,

Much obliged!

Sorry to hear your holiday started off on a minor note,
but I'm delighted to hear everything got sorted out and
you enjoyed your stay here with us.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Me and my partner spent a week at this hotel in September 2012. We couldn't have chosen better area and better hotel. Room 409 was on the ground floor, overlooking pool, shaded by the trees all day so it didn’t get too hot. Room was cleaned every day or every other day. Pool area was always kept clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. After returning from holidays I have discovered that I have forgotten my golden necklace in the room. I phoned the hotel in the morning and couldn’t believe my ears when they said they had found it and were sending it by recorded delivery!

Places to eat: Within the area I would recommend La Tacita in the nearby shopping centre. Very pleasant bar/restaurant with live music on every night. For dinner I would recommend La Bodega in the port. They make amazing tapas (ropa vieja was our favourite) and paella. If you like Italian - La Scarpetta was really really nice.

Places to see: We have hired a car for the whole week and have managed to see quite a lot. I would definitely recommend visiting: El Cotillo, Betancuria, Pajara, La Cueva del Llano, Lajares and Los Molinos.

Overall: great holiday with absolutely gorgeous weather

3  Thank DanaOWitney

Dear Mrs, Mr

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Just returned from a very enjoyable All inclusive week at Playa Park .
On arrival reception lady was lovely and friendly/helpful, (blonde girl), was given room 211 which was a nice room BUT view from balcony was top of a tree ! Ended up in room 432 which was slightly better view . Room clean and spacious ..Beds ok apart from noisy waterproof /plastic mattress covers and uncomfortable pillows with a nylon cover under pillowcase which doesn't help in the hot nights esp with no air con !Rooms cleaned most days clean towels/bedding.Kitchen well equipped if self catering nice lounge area,2 sunny balconies and a drying balcony. No hair dryer but was given one from reception. Wouldn't bother with hiring remote for TV !
Restaurant was ok no ambience food was nice though sometimes cold .
Pool area nice though we didn't spend much time round it .
Night entertainment started around 9.30pm ..acceptable but not brilliant.Bar staff friendly.
15/20 min walk to town ..taxis around 3-4 euros nice variety of shops/bars restaurants lovely harbour with nice places to eat ..some great TAPAS !
Ferry to Lanzarote easy done 23euros each .
All in all a nice hotel would go again if we were the type to return to the same place .

3  Thank Keith L