First impressions were slightly worrying tbh as we were advised upon arrival that due to a 'computer error' the previous week, our room had been overbooked so we were booked into another hotel (Brisamar) for the night. However, the transfer was done seamlessly both there and back. Plus the close location of Brisamar to the town centre allowed us to explore the town more anyway.
We were told that our room would be ready at 12 the next day but upon arrival, we were told it would be 2, but we went for lunch and to the pool and again, this didn't bother us too much.
However, to compensate us for the booking issue, our room was gratefully upgraded to a 2 bed apartment (from a 1 bed) and we got free TV, safe and wifi, which didn't work in our room but was good by the pool.
Apartment was great - cant really fault it for basic, modern accommodation. Comfy, if a little hard, beds with extra bedding, pillows and towels in the wardrobes. Kitchen had all the essentials. We had two balconies - one for sitting on and one for drying clothes. TV had a few British channels - Sky 1, Sky Sports 1, BBc News and a couple more.
Cleaner came every day apart from Sunday. Had no problem with lack of air con as we just kept the curtains shut during the day.
Resort was very clean all over.
Free wifi in reception. Staff mostly ok although I agree with another reviewer about a particular receptionist being a little snooty. Restaurant staff were friendly. Bar staff seemed a little stressed as only one person on bar for most of the time and one of the bar staff just didn't seem to want to be there at all - never saw her smile all week.
I was all inclusive and ate in the restaurant most of the week. Breakfasts were good and had a good selection. Lunch and dinner were quite varied with pasta/pizza dishes, meat dishes, veggies, salad, fresh bread, and burgers and hotdogs at lunch. Got a bit bored by the end of the week but always had something to eat. The restaurant was a really nice, light and airy room. Staff all polite.
Bar was good but service could be slow due to only one person working it most of the time. Nice open air bar area with darts, table tennis and table football - could do with lighting at night though to encourage more use. Good choice of drinks on the all inclusive. Sky Sports was often shown on a Tv outside the bar.
The saloon bar was a lovely, modern room with a stage, pool tables, a weird concave air hockey game (the disc kept on flying off the table for us) and funky chairs.
The whole outside area was very clean and the pools were cleaned daily at about 7am. There were 3 clean pools which were fantastic to swim in and not too cold. Plenty of sunbeds with loads piled up if the comfier blue ones were all taken. Towels were taken off sunbeds if you just abandoned the towels on the beds then disappeared - much appreciated.
The main entertainment rep, Andrea was fantastic. He was so friendly, polite, fun and didn't hassle you at all to join in activities. I did the Aqua Aerobics and although it was a bit too long for my liking, I really enjoyed it and actually felt like parts of it had worked muscles. Other than that, there was water polo, stretching, darts, table tennis and other activities.
Evening entertainment was ok as long as you didn't expect top class entertainment and had a sense of humour about it - fine by me. In fact, I don't think I've laughed as much in a long time as I did at one of the nights. No complaints from me.
Location wise - 20 mins walk into main part of town or 3 euro taxi. Supermarket round corner has all the essentials. Wandered round the Botanical gardens across the road. Seemed to have shut for the summer as hadnt been maintained recently - but good views of the town and towards Lanzarote and the volcanoes from the top of the hill so worth a quick wander. Bout half an hr walk to the beach - walk down the beach road until you get to where all the cars are parked and kite surfers are, as the beach before then is nudist (unless you're into that).
In the town, I really recommend Dr Drink (opposite Flicks) for good quality cocktails cheaper than other bars in the area. Friendly staff and top notch cocktails with a MASSIVE choice. The raised steakhouse on the main strip is also really good.
We were charged 1 euro to weigh our bag upon departure from the hotel - I've never been charged at any other hotel that I've been to before so thought this was a bit cheeky.
Would definitely return to this hotel - would have got 5 * if hadn't been for the room problems at the start.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The smartline Playa Park is located on the beautiful island Fuerteventura and is approximately 1,5 km away from the sandy beach. The city center is nearly 20 min. away from the smartline Playa Park. Moreover, the airport is around 40 km away from the hotel. In the restaurant of the smartline Playa Park you can find to each meal a fresh buffet. In the afternoon the hotel offers small snacks. At the pool bar you can enjoy fresh drinks with snacks. In the city center you can find many traditional restaurants and typical bars. The smartline Playa Park offers a gym which is inclusive. You can also play billiard, squash and tennis. Moreover, you have got the possibility to rent a bike at a local rent-shop to discover the island. In the evening you can enjoy the shows in the smartline Playa Park which are performed three days in the week. To receive a massage or use the sauna, you've got to pay a small fee. Moreover, besides the pool the smartline Playa Park offers a separate children pool and a playground. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and getaroom.com so you can book your smartline Playa Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Park Club Hotel Corralejo
- Playa Park Hotel
- Playa Park Corralejo
- Smartline Playa Park Fuerteventura/Corralejo