2,664 results
All reviews sea view pillow menu las columnas indoor pool el mirador five star hotel turn down service beautiful hotel half board junior suite buffet restaurant a la carte restaurants steam room unfinished building great spa beach bar spa facilities
Selected filters
Reviewed March 10, 2019

My wife and I stayed a week in this hotel, for the 4th time, over a 6 year period. The hotel is still great, and the profesionalism and friendly attitude of the staff is as great as ever.

However, where I would have given 5 stars before, Im now down to 3+ stars, and why?:

- the rooms have started to look somewhat worn. Its the furnitures, the creaking beds,
the loose bathroom fixtures etc etc
- it seems that ‘organic food’ is still unknown in this part of the world, however a 5-star
Hotel cannot continue to overlook this concept completely.
- the breakfast buffet is completely the same (and not bad at all) as when we visited
the hotel 5 years ago

When you have a room fronting the sea you have stunning views, while rooms fronting the remaining sides you only have ruins from abandoned building projects to look at, still....

Hoping that the hotel management will implement the necessary changes/updates/fresh new ideas, so we will consider yet another visit.

Room tip: Go only for rooms fronting the sea
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Atlantis2punto0, Director General at Gran Hotel Atlantis Bahia Real, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2019

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your return visit and for taking the time to evaluate your most recent stay with us.
We do appreciate your constructive criticism, specifically coming from a repeat customer who knows our hotel very well. On the other hand we do hope you also appreciated our several improvements, that have taken place over the last years.
We recently renovated our pool loungers, the beach has been improved and new facilities have further enhanced the holidays of our guests. Yes, for sure our hotel is not brand new, hence we have an ongoing maintenance program to keep all of our installations in the best possible shape. At the time we are painting all hallways (the exterior façade has also been painted). All rooms are duly inspected before we occupy them, if you find something at fault or something breaks during your stay, please report the earliest possible to our front house so that we can repair it immediately thus avoiding any sort of inconvenience to you.
Most of our food is locally sourced from farmers and we choose only the best available ingredients, limitations on to what is available may apply, considering we are an island amongst an island archipelago. In reference to our breakfast buffet we like to point out that with the vast choice of products on offer (more than 350 products!) we can’t think of any item we could add, however we are always open to suggestions!
As generic advice, if you missed a specific item it is always best to communicate with our staff, as even if not on display we might be able to provide it upon request. Please feel free to approach our public relations that are always available in our buffet and will handle these matters with due diligence.

Whilst we do agree that our sea view rooms certainly enjoy the most scenic view, we do not understand why you are stating that all other rooms are at great disadvantage. In fact none of our rooms face the building you mention, they either have a garden or pool view from the terrace or the balcony. Please review your comments as they may lead to misunderstandings for our readers.

We are happy to assist you with your future bookings, if you have specific room request please let us know with enough time in advance so that we can try to fulfill it.

Best regards,

Reviewed March 7, 2019 via mobile

We’re not ones for 5 star hotels having worked in the industry for years and getting bored with all the over fussy and prissy nature of some. But BR is a different kind of hotel to that, simply very relaxing and laid back, almost Caribbean in feel.

Location is lovely apart from the derelict hotel next door and the unfinished abandoned hotel opposite (I guess 2008/9 took its toll?) with fantastic views and an easy 30 minute walk along the beach back into town.

Sea view room 3rd floor away from the main areas meant for peaceful sleep although it’s a windy island so don’t complain about that feature to the hotel.

Rooms are comfortable a little old fashioned but who’s staying in the room?? Get on the balcony or beach or pool or spa and chill

And most importantly of all the breakfast catered very well for Coeliacs and gluten-free. Service was erratic especially when busy but all the staff are friendly!

We ate every night out to take advantage of the superb restaurants serving Gluten-free in town. There are some great places so don’t be tempted by the large all you can eat steak and pizza joints, do the research and find some gems!

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dougle1965
Reviewed March 4, 2019

I chose this hotel for the atmosphere and spa facilities. I usualy go to Barbados or Italy on my holidays and I am a very fussy traveler when it comes to my comfort. I had a double room with garden view and I’m glad I chose that instead of a sea view. It’s always windy and I think with a sea view room would be quite unpleasant to use the balcony (we stayed alot on the balcony). The garden and the pools are protected from the winds by the layout of the building. We walked on the beach side and gave up quickly, didn’t enjoy the chilly wind at all. Although it’s a large hotel it feels very relaxed and not crowded, the minute you walk in it feels like you’re on a different planet, a relaxing oasis of luxury! All the staff is amazing, smiling and helpful no matter where you’re from or how “posh” you look. I loved the fact they’re all dressed in national costumes, even the housekeepers!! I was impressed the hotel was so child friendly, had a lovely cute pool for toddlers, also ramps and lifts for disabled guests as well.
Overall, from all my travels, I only felt so good and relaxed only in one accommodation in Barbados, a 5 star Relais&Chateau boutique hotel, which I think it says alot. Big room, spacious, beautiful furnishings, pillow menu, massive comfy bed, turn-over service great, terrace spacious with comfy chairs, wifi very good as well. Plenty of spaces by the pools, with comfy berlinese beds and big towels provided. Breakfast menu and hours very good. I’m glad we didn’t pay for half-board, although we had dinner twice in the bufet restaurant. Italian night was good, although pricey, spanish night wasn’t impressed. We ate alot in town, tried different places. Taxis available almost all the time in front of the hotel, 3-4 euros a ride to town.
I had treatments at the spa almost every day. You can have relaxing, normal spa type treatments, but also therapeutic ones, which makes this spa different. The spa area is amazing! Massive pool, sauna and hammam, everything thought of and provided. Massages are good, facials very good, but I especially want to mention the chiropractic treatment I had with Guillermo. Fantastic therapist, highly qualified, and VERY knowledgeable! Although I spent alot of money in UK trying to get my health fixed, he managed in 4 tailored sessions to fix everything, I left a new woman, can’t thank him enough!!!
So I had the best of both worlds, relaxation in a beautiful hotel and also medical treatment. And for that reason I’ll definitely go back this year, I’ll take my husband to get him fixed as well. I won’t even think about going somewhere else! We stayed for 7 days, passed too quickly, felt sorry for not booking for 2 weeks, I honestly didn’t want to leave!

Room tip: Garden rooms on third floor are better, quiet, no wind, sunny and beautiful green scenery and birds
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2019 via mobile

A first class hotel which has excellent rooms and facilities. Well maintained by an exceptional team of hotel staff. Food at all restaurants within the hotel is to a very high standard and the themed restaurants are well worth a try. Will be returning again to this resort and this hotel. Thank you for a wonderful 2 weeks.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Atlantis2punto0, Director General at Gran Hotel Atlantis Bahia Real, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2019

Dear guest,

first of all thank you very much for choosing our Gran Hotel Atlantis Bahía Real as a preferred vacation destination and for spending a few minutes of your valuable time writing this kind review.
The Gran Hotel Bahia Real spaciousness, elegance and comfort are a common denominator in all 170 rooms and 72 suites. All of them with different and varied types of decoration offer the highest quality and wonderful views of the sea or the tropical gardens of the hotel, making your stay a unique and unrepeatable experience.
Currently our hotel has a great gastronomic offer that covers all tastes, with a total of 6 restaurants.
We hope and wish you an opportunity to return soon and thank you once again personal recommendation.

Friendliest regards,

Gran Hotel Atlantis Bahía Real*****GL

Reviewed February 20, 2019 via mobile

My family and I celebrated New Year’s at the Bahia Real and were charmed by the attentive staff, delicious (and plentiful!) food, and beautiful resort amenities. The breakfast buffet (included with our room package) was a mind-boggling array of nearly every type of cuisine imaginable. The midweek buffet dinner was no less opulent; the New Year’s Eve seafood buffet was a true extravaganza. We also ate at several of their other restaurants. The quality was consistent and service attentive at all.

We were pleasantly surprised by how family friendly the NYE activities were; the fireworks display was top-notch. Rooms were spacious and featured large bathrooms. My wife and I also enjoyed the spa - she opted for a body scrub and I booked a massage. The therapists were friendly and knowledgeable. The spa itself is massive, but since children under 16 aren’t allowed we didn’t spend as much time here as we might have done if we were traveling without them. The outdoor pools were beautiful; one was heated - essential in winter - and was more popular. Poolside food and drink service was available but inconsistent.

A few quibbles at this price point:

Despite advertising a “pillow menu” the pillows were among the worst we have ever slept on, especially at a luxury resort. We twice requested different pillows, which, when they finally showed up, weren’t much better;

In general, there was very little sound-proofing in the rooms. Specifically, room doors are not fitted with a spring hinge, so all day and night you heard people slamming their doors. It was loud and jarring to say the least;

Our room keys stopped working at least once a day, every day, necessitating a trip to reception, which was often full with arriving or departing guests. Though the staff was always happy to reswipe them, they weren’t as apologetic as they could have been, considering this daily inconvenience. (We were told the error was occurring because we were holding the cards too close to our phones, an explanation that can’t possibly be the reason they stopped working every day. At the same time.)

I’d cheerfully spend another holiday at the Bahia Real, and, if those issues are taken care of, have no doubt I’d change my rating to five stars.

Date of stay: December 2018
Atlantis2punto0, Director General at Gran Hotel Atlantis Bahia Real, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2019

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your visit to our hotel and for sharing your vacation experience with us and the rest of the readers.

We are delighted to read your comments praising our staff, since we strive daily to offer a personalized and attentive service to our customers. Our staff is very valuable, as it is exclusively customer oriented.

The exquisite gastronomy is another factor that has stood out and it is certain that we have the best ingredients and a meticulous elaboration in detail, very much in line with the level of our hotel.

Furthermore, we are convinced that there is always room for improvement and your comments will help our team in its continuous efforts to meet the expectations of our guests.

In reference to the pillows we take the opportunity to remind all customers that we have a pillow menu that today has 7 types, to be able to offer maximum comfort according to your personal preference.
Additionally, we have special coverage for mattresses, in case you want them softer. We are very sorry to hear, that none of the pillows were suitable for you.

Our establishment is a family friendly hotel, and it is true that in times of school holidays, such as New Year's Eve, there is a greater number of children of all ages. In this case, we recommend you to inform our staff and depending on availability we relocate you to another more quite room. Our goal is to achieve maximum customer satisfaction, and when possible we try to make special wishes come true.

Regarding your keys, you are right. It isn’t always your phone that demagnetizes the room key. Any magnet, such as credit card or magnetic handbag, has the ability to impact the magnetic stripe on the back of the key card.

We hope, we have been able to clear all your doubts and that you continue to choose us for your future stays.

With kindest regards from sunny Fuerteventura,

Director General