We have stayed in a number of hotels on pretty well all the Canaries islands, and would rate this the best of all. The food is excellent -- very good breakfasts and evening meals in the main buffet; good and varied lunches in the beach bar; and a truly first class tapas menu in Las Columnas. Service is excellent; the rooms are clean, well provided and comfortable; the pools are good. I've seen it suggested that this hotel is "not on the beach" and I simply don't understand that -- the hotel is in a garden; in the middle of the garden wall is a gate; walk through that and you're on the beach. In what way can that be "not on the beach"? What's more, if you turn right out of the gate and walk along the beach about a quarter of a mile you're in the Correlejas Dunas National Park which has the best beach walking in the Canaries; if you turn left you can be at the Marina in 30 minutes, once again walking only on the beach.
If I have any little niggles at all, they are:
1) WiFi is free, but it didn't really work in the rooms or at least not in Room 360, so I had to go to the Lobby to log in, at which point the connection was first class
2) It might be an idea to buy longer trousers for the men waiters in the buffet, some of whom are too tall for the ones they have been given.
But those are minor points for what is, after all, a holiday and not a business hotel. We've never returned to any Canaries hotel we have stayed at. This will probably be the one we do go back to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 5-star Grand Luxe hotel is located in Corralejo (Fuerteventura) directly on the beach front with impressive views of the neighboring Lobos and Lanzarote islands. The hotel offers bright, spacious accommodation decorated with different styles. WIFI free of charge in whole hotel. It features 2 outdoor pools surrounded by lush tropical gardens, 6 restaurants, a cocktail bar and a spa with 3.000m2. The restaurants serve a range of international à la carte or buffet-style cuisine. Enjoy the best Japanese food in the "Yamatori" Restaurant, the finest products from Spain in "Las Columnas" Restaurant and the gourmet restaurant "La Cúpula" under the guidance of chef Carles Gaig. Guests can dine on the restaurants' terraces with sea views, amongst gardens or by the pool and there is also a lobby bar. With a privileged location over the waters of the Atlantic, the Coco Beach Lounge & Club is the perfect place to enjoy a variety of gastronomic experiences and cocktails. The Coco Beach Chill Out features Balinese beds and personalized services. The Spa Bahía Vital has a hot tub, sauna and offers a range of treatments, including massages, wraps and hydrotherapy. There is also a gym with state-of-the-art equipment, fitness classes and a personal trainer available. The hotel's beach includes free sun beds and umbrellas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Priceline so you can book your Gran Hotel Atlantis Bahia Real reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Hotel Corralejo
- Gran Hotel Atlantis Bahia Real Fuerteventura/Corralejo