I was only 15 at the time but i thought this hotel was brilliant. Now that im 17 thought i would be helpful to those who are looking for a nice holiday!!! Rep that met us at the airport and was with us for the 1 week stay was extremely helpful throughout. First impressions for me of the hotel were a bit dubious like any new place i suppose, but those doubts soon were taken away, walked right into the reception with the sun beaming down, everything was clean and well looked after, the staff were helpful and very friendly (not hurrying us around like some hoteliers), everybodies needs were catered for ramps for wheelchairs, prams etc, 3 computers for internet use (cant remember the price to pay though, but im sure its no more than a euro). Walking out of the reception straight through your met by obvious entertainment facilities, a restaurant, and 2/3 pools (i think!).
The rooms, depending on what you stay in i suppose varies when it comes to size etc. but what i stayed in a 1 bedroomed apartment with pull out sofa bed, the decor was nice, suitable area for storage (all those holiday clothes ;) ), we changed apartments three times, first was because of location, 2nd lack of high balcony, and 3rd we were moved by the hotel manager because of builders doing work which i thought was incredibly nice of them to do so! during our moves they were never judgemental the staff were constantly helpful.
Now the resort itself you could practically live on with a small resort shop on site also, with the kitchenette being practical for being able to cook a good fry up if needed !
Corralejo itself is a really nice area full of nice beaches, friendly people (ONE RECOMMENDATION, IF YOU ARE OUT AND SOMEONE ASKS YOU ABOUT JOINING A TRAVELLING CLUB TYPE THING DECLINE AND WALK ON BY! OUR FAMILY MISSED AN ENTIRE AFTERNOON, im not joking 1pm-5pm we were stuck with her trying to take loads of money off us by offering us prizes etc! so u have been warned)
However, there are plenty of nice shops, bars and restaurants in the town, its roughly about 10-15 minutes walk away from the resort depending on if you walk or amble along!
As a harbour town there is alot of restaurants selling the local delicacies and boating trips which can be organised through the resort or yourself. The beach is nice aslong as you know where to look to be honest, i think we only found the beach about 3 days into our holiday only because we weren't sure where to go! Corralejo is a very nice picturesque destination also, a typical fishing village with small streets etc but on the whole very nice! Offer trips over to lanzarote aswell, which i went on, and i loved it!
Oasis duna, a very nice hotel, clean, comfortable, beautiful. We went self catering so cooked most of the food ourselves, but the resort restuarant is also nice with fresh food also prepared!
As i went as a family and obviously a bit young for nightlife i cant comment on that. But overall the holiday was extremely nice! And i will be going back there again.
P.s recommend though to take towels of your own so you have beach and pool towels, hairdryer, EU ADAPTOR! for the plug socket, spendin money obviously because the excursions and little suveniors just start calling out your name once your there.
Overall an extremely nice holiday, lots of things to do for the children to do as well, regularly walked past childrens entertainment shows. Friendly, clean, relaxed, definatly focused on the customers this holiday meeting their needs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Oasis Duna apartments - Hotel is located in Corralejo (Fuerteventura). With an extension of 60.000m2, is a large tropical garden with a massive pool area and an expansive sun terrace. The large common areas with bars, restaurants, recreation areas, theater and beautiful gardens are ideal for relaxing and enjoying the holidays. The complex has 340 apartments, all equipped with kitchennette and bathroom, as well as furnished balcony or terrace. Its location is ideal, located just 50m from the main street and 900m from Corralejo beach. The Natural Park of the Dunes of Corralejo is located at 2km and the airport at 38km. It also has other touristic attractions around it, such as ACUA water park at 200m, El Campanario Shopping Center and Las Plameras Shopping Center, wich are 400m away. The one and two bedroom apartments, and especially the children's pools and slides, make this complex an ideal place to spend the holidays with your family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oasis Duna Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fuerteventura Oasis Dunas
- Oasis Duna Corralejo
- Hotel Oasis Duna
- Dunas Fuerteventura Oasis
- Oasis Dunas Fuerteventura
- Oasis Duna Hotel Fuerteventura/Corralejo