“Nice Resort”
Review of Oasis Duna Hotel

Oasis Duna Hotel
Ranked #30 of 45 Hotels in Corralejo
Reviewed May 12, 2009

Me and my boyfriend stayed in this hotel from the 31st Jan for 1week, Got a really good late deal on the internet from Thomas Cook. When we arrived we were given directions to our room (was still hard to find it though) the resort was bigger than it looked! We did request a pool view unfortuantly we didnt get it our room was facing a road and didnt really have a view from the balcony either :-( Although its not the end of the world as you dont want to spend much time in your room.
The rooms were spacious and cleaned everyday, had the essientails kettle, 2 hobs etc,
The pool area was clean and very spacious always plenty of sun loungers as we went in early Feb though was a bit windy but still nice enough to sunbathe. went home with a tan so what more can you ask?!
We did have a couple of days when it did rain, (one afternoon in particular where it was thrashing it down and upto your ankles!, again it was only Feb though) apart from the odd few rainfalls we had a lovely time.
We went self catering but did eat in the pool side snack bar once which was nice and reasonably priced.
Would definatley recommentd Tony Romas restaurant which is just about 2 mins away from the resort gorgeous food there, well worth the price!!
The location was good everything was along the main strip less than a couple of mins away, huge Netto supermarket which is again reasonably priced.
Lots of lovely restaurants and bars.
The waterpark is directly opposite the resort although again because it was Feb it was closed but very goog location for families in high season.
The harbour was lovely and did have some nice little restaurants there really nice and peaceful in the evenings.
We also went on the 5* Catlanza which i think was 50euros each but well worth it what a great day out it included all drinks fresh fruit and your lunch.Also got to go on the jet ski again included in the price!!! (it didnt rain that day thankfully it was a lovely day bit nippy on the way back though so take a jumper or jacket)
We did walk to the sand dunes once which is a good hour or so away but they were lovely. (there isnt any shops or anything there so we took a picnic) it was a lovely day.
The entertainment was nothing to shout about although it wasnt really holiday season.
All in all i thought it was a lovely resort, however not sure i'd return there, as a couple i imagine it would get very busy in the holiday seasons (school holidays etc) as there are over 700 rooms or something like that so i reckon it would get very busy especially with the price its a bargain.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Oasis Duna Hotel

Reviewed May 9, 2009

I stayed here half board as a single traveller for 10 days in Nov 08. The hotel was really nice, huge pools and as the hotel wasn't very full there were load of empty sunbeds by the pool as you will see from my photos. The water was VERY cold but always is in the Canaries at this time of year, the odd thing was that the pools were salt water which took a bit of getting used to. Food was good and sufficient choice each morning/evening. The room I was in was very spacious, I was given a two bedroom apartment even though I was travelling alone! Very clean, nice balcony. Hotel is in a great location, very central for shops, restaurants beaches etc but just off the main street so there is no noise.

The entertainment was really poor - the reps put on shows every night singing and dancing but some of them really should not be doing that as they could not sing in tune, it was embarrasing. They were very hard working all day and then doing the show at night so I am not complaining, it was just that the team was too small and they were expected to do everythin themselves. The bar/stage/entertainment area is outside but it was cold at night so you have to be prepared to wear your coat and huddle up into it! I dont know if it was the cold nights or the terrible singing that put people off, but most nights there were about 6 - 10 people in the audience! There was also a mini-disco for the little ones early in he evening.

The water park was closed at this time of year but it is right opposite the hotel so would be good in summer if you were taking kids.

There is a lovely shopping centre close to the hotel, turn left out of the gate and walk along the road for a couple of hundred yards. The Christmas lights were switched on whilst I was there and they had live music, a fireworks display and loads of things going on. There are loads of great shops there and a little market, much nicer shops than on the main street and a nicer, smaller market than the main sunday market by the water park. The bus stop for the sand dunes/flag beach is a bit further on from the shopping centre. There is an annual kite flying festival on the flag beach in early November, I just missed it but I saw some photos and it looked amazing.

Good value for money and lovely place to stay.

The

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank SnoopyFan53
Reviewed April 27, 2009

Overall would recommend these apartments, lovely pool area, no problem getting a sun bed and went over the easter holidays. Weather was mixed but consistently windy, and it was cold at night. Entertainment was good during the day kept my 11 year old occupied, can't comment on the evening. The food in the hotel was very good and I consider myself to be a really fussy eater, they had a chinese, italian and mexican night during our stay, there was always loads of choices and the food was always hot, if it wasn't hot enough there was a microwave. Breakfast again was very good with fresh pancakes and fried eggs, bacon, beans etc and the uncut fresh bread was a must!! We will be going back and will stay half board again.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank ChesterfieldCarol
Reviewed April 22, 2009

Having been to Fuerteventura and Correlejo before I was really looking forward to this trip. Have to say I was disappointed with Oasis Duna. Our patio didn't get a single ray of sunshine all day long.
The entertainment reps did my head in to be honest. Not my scene at all...found it a real pain to be asked every 5 minutes if I wanted to play water volleyball or something as I sat by the pool. They were pleasant enough and very enthusiastic but just not my cup of tea.
The pool itself was peeling away at the bottom and looked like it needed a complete makeover.
The food at the pool bar was disgusting, and the pizza place wasn't much better.

Compared to other places I've stayed I found the apt itself very small. On our last night we suddenly found ourselves infested with cockroaches in the apt and on the patio....I nearly lost my life!!

It was grand. I wouldn't rave about it and I wouldn't recommend it to any of my friends.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2009

Just had a restful week at this hotel. By far the biggest we have stayed in as we tend to go for much smaller complexes. The accommodation was basic but as we were half board it had all we needed. A bit of paint and DIY wouldn't have gone amiss but nothing major was needed. We were in the outermost ring of apartments which was fine as it was quiet, and were on the top floor so the balcony was private. I don't think i would have liked a ground floor place paticularly facing the main road. Upstairs was great.
The food in the restaurant was first class. plenty of choice even if you were a fussy eater. The waiting staff were very friendly even when they were run off their feet on the busy changeover day. More staff on those days would be helpful to their overworkied staff.
No problem with getting sunbeds, perhaps because it was the week before Easter. The place was filling up as we were leaving. Beautiful pool surroundings, well laid out. Not normally a fan of on-site entertainers but the crew here were fun and not really intrusive. Afternoon quizzes while sunning yourself were a diversion.

All in all we loved the Oasis Duna and would certainly go back.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2009

We decided to get some sun, and chose Fuerteventura, as we had never been there before. Thomas Cook had the Oasis Dunas apartments available on a self catering and half board basis. The half board basis was £20 each more expensive, so we thought we have got to give this a go, with the exchange rate being as bad as it is. It was a decision well made, as the food both at breakfast and dinner was really good.
After checking in at Reception we were given our room key and shown on the map where to go.....We were in B block which is a long way from Reception, and difficult to find (if anyone from Thomas Cook reads theses reviews - it would be a great idea if you could organise members of your team to show guests to their apartment as it is confusing!!!) The apartment was very basic but extremely clean, normally we wash all the cutlery etc before use, but this was gleaming. The housekeeper also gave us 2 mosquito repellant plug ins - though I must say we didn't get 1 bite the whole holiday, and didn't actually see a mosquito - or a cockroach! The pool area was beautiful, with sunbeds always available. If you are self catering be warned, the food to buy in the supermarkets - or should i say Netto (who seem to own every supermarket going) is expensive. We always self cater and are so glad we chose not to this year, food and wine and drinks prices seem to have doubled - it's crazy. You were talking similar prices to uk for alcohol, both in the bars and at the shops. We did however find a gorgeous sparkling wine, for sale in the hotels shop for around 2.50 called Dubois, so that was what we drank the whole week, keeping our fridge well stocked! Also the local beer Tropical is gorgeous. As you turn left out of the apartment block and head toward the nearest shopping complex, and Netto, there is a bar close to a fountain, well the Tropical beer there is the best, you get an iced glass, and believe me that tastes like heaven. The weather was beautiful, getting to 26'c each day, but the wind is chilly, at this time of year you will need to take a lightweight jacket for mornig and evening... Oh for all you who take their laptops with them there is free wireless connection in Reception, who will give you their password to access. Oh and also the rooms are not cleaned every day so remember to hang your towels on the bacony to get dry!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank juliebabes33
Reviewed April 15, 2009

After being at this complex previously I thought it would be a pleasant return to familar ground with the resort of Corralejo being so handy and relaxing. I was to be bitterly disappointed, partly because of the accomodation but mainly down to the tour operators lack of interest in their customers.

The hotel externally, ie the garden areas and paths, are all fine and maintained. The pool is in need of a major lick of paint to clean it's appearance up, as it is starting to look shabby. Reception and the little store aren't too bad either. In fact all the areas you don't really use are fine.

When it comes down to the apartments that's when it gets worse. I had alot of issues ranging from poor housekeeping to a rusty old fridge that worked part of the time, cutlery that you wouldn't want to feed the dog with, wiring exposed behind the bed, TV and living room and a light fitting above the bed hanging off. Paint peeling off the ceiling around the extremely small bathroom and various other annoyances.

With Thomas Cook being the Tour Operator I approached the rep on my first day only to get the brush off that they could do nothing for us at that moment and they would see what they could do!!! Suffice to say that a couple of days later when we met up again I was told that as 'I DIDN'T COME BACK TO HIM, TO REMIND HIM about it that there was nothing else he could do'. Incidently there were 3 other families arriving the same day who also complained about their accomodation. Don't know how that turned out for them.

The resort of Corralejo is great and if your are intending on going there you will have a good relaxing time. Go to Flag beach rather than the public beach in the resort, as the residents walk their dogs along there - no more needs said. Look out for the Rock Cafe and the Old Square with the majority of the Restaurants being good. There are a few 'salesmen' on the road but they are not pushy.

Take a drive around the island, you can do it all in a day if not two.

As a summary there are better hotels and apartments in the resort and you should certainly go with one of them. Finally try to book someone else rather than Thomas Cook, if they haven't monopolised the resort.

Enjoy !!