Oasis Duna Hotel
$202
$188
  • Beachfront
2,653 results
All reviewsself cateringhalf boardpool bargolden goosesalt waterwater parkkids clubthe main stripgreat holidayplenty of sunbedsrooms are basicentertainment teampools are greatfamily holidaycan't comment on the foodla tascaretro bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 15, 2014

I'm a British Corralejo resident whose house was impracticable for 6 nights, so my review may see things from a slightly different angle.

Firstly, things that people complain about that I don't see as problems with the hotel:
1) cockroaches ARE part of life in every hot climate town. We ALL have to spray regularly: councils, residents, hotels, shopkeepers - everyone. We can never get rid of them but a good hotel should have only a few, and if they're half-dead then that's a good sign. Just ask management for a spray or buy one in any supermarket.
2) very few places here have aircon - I don't in my home. My apartment had a fan.
3) most pools here are salt-water; in fact ALL corralejo water comes from the sea - tap water is desalinated yet perfectly drinkable

Now to the hotel. I found it incredibly clean, tidy and well-run. I've heard people complain about lack of sunbeds in local hotels; well they were stacked high everywhere in this one. And the pools were lovely and warm and very clean. Gardens were were well kept, all tiling was washed down daily and really my only complaint with the grounds was the lack of cats - I missed mine!

My apartment was upstairs and as others have said the furniture was a bit old-fashioned and wood surfaces were stained and/or chipped but clean. The kitchen functioned perfectly (the hob was amazing - I think it was halogen) and the only thing I missed was scissors (with today's packaging). The bed was comfy and I don't think it at all odd that sheets are only changed weekly - how often do people clean theirs at home? My place was cleaned thoroughly, if quickly, most days.

Entertainment for kids looked fine, though what I saw of evening adult entertainment was awful. But Corralejo is just great for that, so go out. I'd say the same for food though I never tried the restaurant so can't comment.

I thought the staff were so helpful and I was impressed with their linguistic skills. The reason I haven't rated the hotel as a 5 wais that both TV and wi-fi were extra, and neither worked properly. I think nowadays you HAVE to provide perfect wi-fi cover, plus a TV console that will accept USB connections etc. 3 computers were available but at a ridiculous charge. Hotels nowadays need to be in the digital age too.

Room Tip: Upstairs are good as some of the windows can safely be left open at night. However, the terrace has no guard and the stairs are steep. I doubt that any rooms are very noisy unless you're unlucky with neighbours.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
17  Thank SheilaW34
OasisFue, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Oasis Duna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Dear Customer,
Thanks for choosing us to spend a few days,
we are grateful about your comments and we are glad to hear
that you enjoyed
thanks

Reviewed June 15, 2014

We had waited a long time before taking our young family on holiday and this is where we ended up. It was awful in every way and have photos to prove it. We had paid extra for a room set up for a baby, there was a cot but no high chair. I asked for one at the desk to be told that it was an extra charge to which I explained we had already paid for this facility. The woman behind the desk said " if you don't like it, go away." Staff appeared as though they didn't want us there. Our bed was a pull out sofa bed; a small piece of stained foam on springs in fact. It was self catering with no facilities provided to self cater, not even a broom. It was very expensive for everything. We could have paid a lot lot less and gone somewhere worth going. There were 2 families of us went and the other couple had their room broken into on day 2. I say broken into; the window panels can be just lifted out of the rooms. The food was if a very poor quality for the money. We all agreed this was the worst place we had ever stayed and not clean or set up adequately for children. I have never needed to write a poor review about any other hotel or restaurant ever, and we are not hard to please, but this holiday was heart breaking start to finish. When we got to the airport, to add insult to injury, the staff there changed the weight of baggage allowance so we were forced to leave things in airport although underweight suitcases, which the staff gathered up and shared out.

Room Tip: Use another hotel
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Leyna L

Dear Sir / Madam,

Firstly we would like to thank you for choosing our establishment to spend your holidays.
We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused and can assure you that we have made it our priority to avoid this happening again in the future.
We thank you immensely for your sincere comment, as this does help us greatly to be able to give an ongoing improvement of quality and service to our guests.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed June 14, 2014

2 week break in Oasis Duna. Our room was basic but immaculate. Pools are fantastic, everywhere was spotless. I am a Reception Manager of a 4**** hotel and have to say Elenor on reception was absolutely lovely, very friendly and helpful. The hotel is literally around the corner from all the bars and restaurants. If you want to a place to stay which is nearby shops, restaurants and bars, I would definitely recommend it. Can't comment on the food as we were self catering. The only downside is we had to pay for wi-fi and also you have to pay for the tv.
All in all we had a wonderful holiday, no problems whatsoever and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank squeaky2014
OasisFue, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Oasis Duna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Dear guest,

We are happy you had a good holidays with us.

Kind regards,

Juan Luis P.
Guest Care Services Oasis Fuerteventura

Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Rooms where clean and adequate with all the cooking utensils and appliances you'd ever need. Salt water pools and parks kept the kids happy (including us big kids). The pool bar kept the adults happy with Happy hour at certain times throughout the day. Bar food was reasonable. All of the staff where friendly. Ate out every night in Corralejo which is literally a 5min walk away with a large selection of bars and restaurants. Warning about Mosquitos or other biting bugs though. In our group of 13, only 2 of us were not bitten. I'm putting this down to us using a mosquito repellent plug in and unintentionally using cleansing products that contained tea tree oils which is a natural bug repellent. Other than that, I really enjoyed it and I'd recommend it to everyone and anyone.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank Stacey C
OasisFue, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Oasis Duna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

First,
Thanks for taking such valuable minutes
paracomentar especially good things,
These reviews are necessary or as we more than the other
why do we continue to maintain the illusion
to make things a little better each day,

Reviewed June 10, 2014

We stayed here has a family for a week in one of the superior rooms. If I was to go back to Corralego, I would stay here again. It is only a 5 minute walk to the town and about 10 minutes to the beach. The hotel is clean. I never saw any litter on the floor. The rooms where cleaned 3 times in a week. Bins emptied regulary. Never saw any cockroaches! That is all we ask for. The reception staff were friendly. The food was ok but we where self catering so ate out most nights. Can't comment on the entertainment has there wasn't any (well we never heard or saw it!). The shop in the hotel was a bit more expensive than the supermarket in town, but not much more. Its also convieniant for carrying big bottles of water. The swimming pools are fantastic. There are 4 in total. One is a freshwater, which is where we spent most of our time. One had 5 slides which my son loved. A kids pool. There are plenty of sunbeds. Howerever the umbrellas are scarce.

Would love to give it a rating of 5/5 but there was a few points that let it down slightly. The main one was that our bedding never got changed. I know this because one of the sheets had a hole in it when we arrived and it was still there when we checked out. The bathroom stunk. They need to sort the drains/ventilation out. And a cupboard door was hanging off in the kitchen. This didn't bother us much until it fell off and we screwed it back on.

All in all I would recommend this hotel ..... as long as they change the bedding more regulary

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family