“Excellent Stay”
Review of Oasis Duna Hotel

Oasis Duna Hotel
Ranked #29 of 45 Hotels in Corralejo
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Just come back from a week at the Oasis Duna. The hotel is excellent value for money. The apartments are spacious, however the furniture does look a little tired and dated but still functional. The beds were very comfortable with extra pillows available, unfortunately there is no air con which this time of year was ok but I should imagine during the hotter months may be a problem. There are 3 large swimming pools one of which is a childs paddling pool, there is more than enough sun beds so you don't need to put towels out, The pool bar provides excellent smacks at very reasonable prices along with Happy Hour, 2 for the price of 1 drinks 11am till 12 and 4pm to 6pm Lge beer 3 Euros.
I can honestly say that the food is excellent we did not have a bad meal all the time we were there. each might there was something being cooked on the griddle from scratch, ie Tuna steaks, ,Chicken etc.
The hotel and all the public areas are spotlessly clean but the beds are only made every other days and during our stay the towels were changed 3 times which is probably the only negative I can find.
The hotel has its own pub. The Golden Goose where the evening entertainment and kids disco is held, also football matches and major sports events on large screen T.V's inside and out. Oh bingo at 9pm, again with Happy Hour 7pm to 8pm and 10.30pm to 11.30pm again 2 for the price of 1.
All in all an excellent stay, Would I go back ? Yes I most definately would and I would happily recommend it to any of my friends.

Room Tip: We stayed in rooms A 211 and 213 which were poolside.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gracenpaul
OasisFue, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Oasis Duna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Dear Madam,

We are glad you had a good time with us at Oasis Dunas.
Thank you very much for your kind comment, as this encourages us to keep working and improving our service.
Hoping to see you soon again.

Best regards from Corralejo!

Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here from the 22nd feb until the 1st of march 14. I booked this hotel because of location and the high food rating of 93% in Thomas cook brochure and the reviews on here.... Oh i was wrong! Location - great! Food - horrific. The buffet included in our half board well where do i start. I tried breakfast twice and both times physically could not eat it and gave up on that resulting to eating out. Evening buffet was worse!! I literally lived on rolls and chips as did my friend as this was so bad. Choice was poor and quality of the food plus flavours well quite frankly doesn't even deserve a rating it was that poor. I would grudge giving food like that to the wild goats on the island as they would most likely turn there noses up at it! The english female restraunt manager was friendly and helpful and did try to help! However the next visits was a male manager, Fernando. Fernando does not deserve to be a manager as he is rude, un helpful, ignorant and argumentative. I complained the fact every other table was getting drinks service and tabs running but somehow i was not allowed???? The waiter who served us well i cant remember his name but if he worked for me, well lets just say he would be collecting his P45 within minutes if he acting like that on my premisses. The reception staff, maids and bar staff where all friendly and very helpful! They are what saved this review from getting 1 star! Room was basic but did the job and was kept very clean. Pools where lovely. Maybe one suggestion?.... Dont charge for wifi and make it work all round the hotel rather than just the bar area.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kevin H
OasisFue, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Oasis Duna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Dear Sir,

First of all, I would like to say that we are really sorry if your stay in Oasis Dunas did not covered your expectations.

Regarding to your comments about the food may I inform you we have had numerous letters from clients praising our quality and the service they received.
Our cuisine is international but focused, mainly, to Mediterranean food.
In our end of holiday questionnaires, the food quality is always highly rated, especially in recent months.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused with Fernando, Restaurant Manager. I'll personally have a meeting with him to clear the incident and make it our priority to avoid this happening again in the future.

In any case, we appreciate you comments and, undoubtedly, we will take them into consideration, as this does help us greatly to be able to give an ongoing improvement of quality and service to our guests.

We sympathize with you, but feel that maybe if you had reported to us your feelings during your stay, we could have made your holidays more enjoyable.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

We stayed in Oasis for 1 week self catering. 2 adults and 2 young children.
Friendly service and great evening entertainment for kids.
It was the cheapest holiday available in the Canaries, in a good location.
Cost 45 euros by taxi from right outside the airport to the hotel, so i opted to for the convenience rather than the £75 transfer, which is just a few quid cheaper.

I personally like to go away and explore go to different places, bars and restaurants, so my only concern is the hotel is clean and tidy. It is not a 5 star hotel and i did not expect luxury, but perfectly fine and no complaints at all.

We never had any food at the resort other than lunch one day at the pool bar, which was fine, so can not comment on quality of the all-inclusive food buffet, but if you plan to spend all your time in the resort and you want nice food you will choose a less basic hotel or go self catering.
There are plenty of bars and restaurants to go to in the evenings.
I had no interest in watching T.V or using WIFI, however it is free in the mornings and plenty of bars showing sports etc.

We went in February, so was cool in the evenings around 17-18 celcius and warm during the days 20-24 degrees. so never had the issue of unbearable heat. If you do stay in summer and you think you need air conditioning then i suggest selecting a holiday which offers these amenities.
There are plenty of excursions available locally and an ideal place for a family or couple for a cheap quiet getaway.

My only fault with this holiday is that the Canaries are 4 hours flight away from London and would suggest that Thomas Cook arrange for the islands to be moved closer, along with their weather.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Liam480

We are glad you had a good time with us at Oasis Dunas.
Hoping to see you soon again!

Juan Luis

Reviewed March 16, 2014

to be very honest, we are a young couple (24 and 28) so we're not fussy at all and after reading all the bad reviews, we were not expecting a lot.. and we got even less. Yes, the public areas have nice pools - HOWEVER - the apartments are terrible, in need of some TLC and refurbishment. and the hotel staff? even worse! house maids were nice and polite, but the receptionist were one big nightmare. one spoke no English at all, so we had to -unfortunately- deal with ( I believe her name was ELENA) 5 times during our stay. her English was not much better, but I've never met such an arrogant and rude hotel employee. not only that she obviously ignored us a few times at the reception, she would even roll her eyes on us or laugh into my face when I asked to speak to the hotel manager! from so many resorts in Corralejo, the Oasis Duna is the last on I would go to.

8  Thank Mirel966
OasisFue, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Oasis Duna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Dear Guest,

First of all, please take my apologies for my late response. One of the reception staff was on holidays and I wanted to speak with her before answer you.
May I clarify you somethings:

All the staff at reception desk speak english properly (of course not as a native...) They never had a problem for understanding english (there are spanish, an Austrian-English and a Belgian...)

About the receptionist you mention, Elena, may I inform you the she is working for us long time and always satisfactory...Sounds very strange your comments about her...
And what is even stranger, the Hotel Manager is ALWAYS available to customers who need him...

Anyway, we thank you for your review, as this does help us greatly to be able to give an ongoing improvement of quality and service to our guests.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

the transfer to a sister hotel,even though the accommodation was a lot better this did not suit as we were teaming up with another couple, also the location at the hotel we were given did not suit. we were highly annoyed at getting dumped elsewhere, no attempt was made to accommodate, and whilst a mild politeness was offered this did nothing to balance the huge inconvenience caused.

The accommodation in the Oasis Duma was basic but liveable, entertainment reasonable to good, service was friendly (we spent a good deal of our time at the hotel) food was basic but certainly edible. many "happy hours", don't take to much advantage or you'll spend your holiday sleeping or with a hangover!
Location was good, 15 minutes walk to the harbour, five minutes to good restaurants. the layout of the apartments is spacious and well set out, clean as a whistle and child safe. pools not much use for swimming but good for lounging. Plenty of sun beds but little shade. A good atmosphere, friendly and safe.

1  Thank gillkeithClonmel
OasisFue, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Oasis Duna Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear guest,

Unfortunately I do not know the details / reason that your reservation was transfered to Oasis Duna, due to this I am afraid I cannot clarify you anything about it...
Anyway we are very sorry for the inconvenience caused. And I am happy that you had a good time at Oasis Dunas after all...

We thank you for your sincere comment, as this does help us greatly to be able to give an ongoing improvement of quality and service to our guests.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Stayed here with my partner from the 5th to the 12th of March. On arrival another coach had pulled up alongside ours so there was quite a queue for check in, the reception staff were working fast to get everyone checked in and were helpful and polite! Our room was located in the B block; I was pleasantly surprised with our room after reading the reviews. Rooms were clean and extra pillows and blankets were provided, there was no aircon but this wasn't really necessary at this time of year. We had a few problems with the curtain rail falling down and the safety deposit box breaking but both were sorting out straight away ! The maids cleaned our room at least once every 2 days and clen towels/bed linen was always provided !
The pool area is the best bit about the hotel! Always plenty of sun loungers, even if you make your way down later in the day. The hotel provides activities around the pool such as yoga, darts, table tennis etc. One of the days we played volleyball with Shaggy and a group from the hotel, throughoughly enjoyed this! There is also a quieter pool area for if you don't wish to join in with the day time activities.
We were self catering so didn't experience much of the food, ate at the pool side bar one of the days and the food was nice. However one of the nights we ordered a take out from the ''a la carte'' restaurant to take back to the room. We paid 32 euros (the most we had paid for a meal on the holiday) and the standard of the food was awful. Was nothing like we expected, looked like a cheap take away. However as I said we did not experience the all inclusive buffet, so cannot comment on this.
The surrounding area is lovely, plenty of places to eat ( I recommend eating in one of the places along the harbour). Beaches are beautiful!

Would definitely come back and recommend this holiday to friends !!

We are glad you had a good time with us at Oasis Dunas.

Hoping to see you soon again.

Kind regards from Corralejo!

Reviewed March 14, 2014

The hotel was very basic but it did serve it's purpose, it had a good location with free parking. However it did not have AC, even at an extra charge, it was extremely uncomfortable at night time with the heat and the fans were next to useless. There was no wifi in the rooms and the wifi in the lobby/bar was a paid subscription for a limited time. Rooms and complex were kept clean. Overall these apartments were only ok.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank bjharpur

Dear Guest,

Regarding to your comments, we are pleased to inform you that you already have WiFi access in the whole complex, including the apartments.

We thank you immensely for your review, as this does help us greatly to be able to give an ongoing improvement of quality and service to our guests.