Just come back from a week at the Dunas.First time to the Canaries and wasn't sure what to expect.The Oasis Dunas is in a fab location great for the supermarket,shops,restaurants,bus,waterpark and lots more. We went self-catering as we like to find nice places to eat, so can't comment on the food there. Pools were freezing! even the "heated" one but it wasn't that hot that you needed to cool off in the water Our apartment , upper floor in A block was spacious but basic and a bit tired.Our balcony looked out on the back of the pool pumphouse so not a great view and for the first few days the noise from the pumps or generator? was quite intrusive especially trying to have a nice quiet drink out there on an evening! but they did fix whatever the problem was and then it was ok.Can't fault cleanliness of the pool and public areas but the apartment was not kept to the highest standard. We are used to Greece and have had some very basic accomodation there , but always on the days the maids come the beds are made and the place is swept and mopped through,but here our beds were only made on the last day and if they did give us clean sheets( I couldn't tell) what was the point on the last day? We didn't get clean towels 'til day 4 and then on the next two days and I dont think the floor was swept at all, the deceased cockroach remained on the balcony all week! We aren't fussy and you get what you pay for but it was inconsistent.
The resort is lovely,the Spar supermarket is very cheap and we didn't have a bad meal all week, reasonable prices and good service everywhere.Best were El Toro Bravo steakhouse (beef stroganoff to die for) and El Cantina mexican restaurant where the chilli con carne was fab.
We got the bus to the main beach by the big hotels 1 euro 30 each each way -bargain! beach there is stunning but in Feb a bit chiily when its cloudy and watch out for the nudists! Shared a taxi back one day with another couple 1 euro 50 each.
Would definitely go back, would love to see more of the island and do the quad bike tour.Would stay at the Qasis Dunas again mainly for the location.Might go a few weeks later though as it was quite chilly especially in the evening but was a great week's break for some winter sunshine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Oasis Duna apartments - Hotel is located in Corralejo (Fuerteventura). With an extension of 60.000m2, is a large tropical garden with a massive pool area and an expansive sun terrace. The large common areas with bars, restaurants, recreation areas, theater and beautiful gardens are ideal for relaxing and enjoying the holidays. The complex has 340 apartments, all equipped with kitchennette and bathroom, as well as furnished balcony or terrace. Its location is ideal, located just 50m from the main street and 900m from Corralejo beach. The Natural Park of the Dunes of Corralejo is located at 2km and the airport at 38km. It also has other touristic attractions around it, such as ACUA water park at 200m, El Campanario Shopping Center and Las Plameras Shopping Center, wich are 400m away. The one and two bedroom apartments, and especially the children's pools and slides, make this complex an ideal place to spend the holidays with your family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Oasis Duna Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fuerteventura Oasis Dunas
- Oasis Duna Corralejo
- Hotel Oasis Duna
- Dunas Fuerteventura Oasis
- Oasis Dunas Fuerteventura
- Oasis Duna Hotel Fuerteventura/Corralejo