“Good Relaxing Holiday”
Review of Hotel Arena

Hotel Arena
Ranked #22 of 45 Hotels in Corralejo
Reviewed March 12, 2014

This was our fourth visit to The Arena , although the first time as an all inclusive guest. The hotel is small, about 100 rooms, and on this occasion we were right at the end of a block on the top floor and away from sight of the pools. We had a view of a wall in front of us and the pool was towards our left. The room, like all others is quite large with tea making facilities, a fridge and a TV. However you have to leave a deposit for the TV control and only have BBC World Service and CNN News, so except for keeping up with the headlines it is not worth watching. The bed was fairly comfortable and the settee in the lounge area was large and useful to relax on after a day out. The bathroom was clean and fairly large but the shower was loose when we arrived and had to be tightened. The bath itself had been recently painted and during our stay all the paint disappeared to show that the enamel top had flaked away. However there was always plenty of hot water and clean towels plus a hair drier. The only thing lacking was a change of sheets but perhaps in a one week stay it is not part of the plan. All members of staff were friendly and worked very hard. The hotel was full and there were times when there was a slight wait for a table. However the wait was worthwhile for the food was always well prepared, tasty and there was a wide choice sufficient for any appetite. On almost every occasion, there was a choice of freshly cooked meat or/and fish during mealtimes.The wine was fine to glug which is not always the case on all inclusive holidays. The G and T's were okay , but the tonic lacked bite and it would be a good idea to have your own.
Because the hotel was full towels were placed on sunbeds by breakfast time , so if you were not early you would not get a sunbed. Because the pools are surrounded by the apartments, the pool area is a sun trap, hence the difficulty to get a sunbed.
We enjoyed our stay, it was very pleasant, the room was quiet and the weather good for walking although not quite settled for serious sun bathing. The only problem we had was we went with Thomas Cook and were dropped at the hotel with no rep available and no details about flights etc. This is bad . They had a rep only five minutes walk away at Playa Park and if the rep has never been told to walk to The Arena with a time table for your return flight then it is a bad show. We were expected to contact their office by email or smart phone. Shame if you do not have a mobile or ipad etc.
The beautiful long beach is about half an hours walk away. The town centre about 15 minutes walk away, and it is very pleasant to wander through the town and around the port area.
The entertainment was not really to our taste, but the entertainment rep was very friendly and worked extremely hard throughout the day. We would continue to recommend this hotel, but would warn people that without a car they have to face a fair walk to the town or the beach.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms overlooking the pool are the best.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank petjac
There are newer reviews for Hotel Arena

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Lovely place would return meals really nice staff friendly It was abit of a walk to the main resort but a pleasant enough walk we hired an electric bike which was great fun ideal to get around the resort

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays
2  Thank Julia I
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Stayed here in February 14. I would describe the hotel as 4 star but smallish, modest and simple. Plus points , The rooms are spacious , there are tea and coffee making facilities and a fridge , we could always get a sunbed by the pool, the all inclusive wine is actually drinkable ! because the hotel isn't large, the food in the restaurant wasn't extensive but there was still a good choice and the the quality is great . During the week we stayed, they themed the food each evening , Chinese, Mexican, Italian etc to the extent of even playing the appropriate music! A nice touch. The staff were universally friendly and although we don't tend to want to join in for pool games etc , Ramona , the single / only member of the animation team was a star, she worked so hard day and evening to put on different activities . The hotel is a 5 minute 3.5 euro taxi drive from town , about a 20 walk and it's not by the beach, this didn't bother us but it may others. There really isn't a great deal to do on the island in terms of trips but you can sail and get the ferry quite cheaply, 23 euro return, to Lanzarote. We stayed on an all inclusive basis so didn't eat out much, but the meals we did have in town , in music square, were inexpensive and delicious . Final note, we went with Thomas Cook and they literally abandoned us, no rep, no welcome meeting , no trip information so if you can get to this hotel via another tour operator would recommend that you do.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank kholidays1930
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We were not actually booked into the Arena but the playa park down the road. But thanks to them on our arrival (which was my birthday and they knew that) they said they didn't have a room!! This happens a lot not quite sure why. Anyway they showed us the Poolside rooms at the Arena and we couldn't say no. The poolside rooms were fantastic. Bedroom at the back and the beds so comfortable. The food was ok nothing special but nothing bad. There was always something you could find to eat and if you couldn't there was always different kinds of bread and rolls and lots of choices for deserts. The staff at The Arena hotel make this hotel they are excellent especially Romana the animation girl and Mario the barman. Romana is brilliant and crazy but she did a great job. The main resort is about 30 min walk or a 3.50 euro cab. Talking of cabs have to say the cabs in Corralego are excellent. In the town their are some great rock music brass with live bands. The only thing that let this hotel down were the quality of the drinks. Usually I was stick to cocktails at all inclusively but even they couldn't disguise the disgusting spirits. The other let down was there wasn't actually a paying bar!! So you couldn't buy decent spirits if you wanted too. Top tip take your own mixers into the bar area (supermarket down the road) it helped but not much!! I would like to say I would go back but the drinks really did let this place down. But the staff are a credit to the hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kefaloslover
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Efficient, helpful, and happy staff. The bedrooms small but clean, only a few have afternoon sun. However location poor about 8/10 min walk to nearest shop & bus stop. Dining room very poor ,you set your own table, one pepper and salt for the whole dining room. Food was a big problem,poor quality and badly cooked (the fried eggs are a must see but NOT must have!
Night time shows were ok but not enough chairs and tables to seat all guests. Local spirits and mixers terrible. Bar closes at 11pm and guests clear the area by 11.15 pm. Very old tv half the channels not tuned in, asked 3 times to have replaced or retuned - still waiting. Great local taxi service - cheap and efficient. I would not recommend and we will not be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank tony k
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Do not hesitate to book this hotel, from the moment you arrive you are made to feel welcome, nothing is too much trouble and every member of staff is happy and friendly.
On arrival we were given the room next to the club house which was too noisy for us at night so we returned to the reception to ask if we could be moved and were given the choice of two other rooms with no problem at all.
The rooms were fairly basic but clean and very spacious with a large balcony.
The meals were very good with a wide choice and the quality of the food was the best I have had in an all inclusive hotel.

Room Tip: .All rooms face the swimming pool.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle D
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

Having read reviews where guests had items of clothing stolen I was considering not booking but a lot of the reviews was good so thought I would give it a try I should have stuck with my instinct as I realised when I returned home I had three items of clothing missing my designer nightwear I was looking for while there and couldn't find I thought I must have left at home a lace top and a fine wool jumper I didn't miss until I got back home having searched the house from top to bottom having no luck in finding them and looking back now I remember seeing them hung up in the wardrobe in the arena hotel I even tried the jumper on then changed my mind and wore another needless to say I won't be going back it's a shame because apart from that for the money we paid the hotel was fine so beware don't take your fav clothes For this reason only I rated this hotel poor

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple