1,276 results
All reviews half board pool area the main street police station evening meal junior suite air con central location small balcony bed and breakfast separate bedroom cleaned every day bars and restaurants full size fridge self catering sea view noisy at night
Selected filters
Reviewed December 21, 2017

This hotel is well located right in the centre of Corralejo and close to all amenities. The staff are all very friendly and proficient at their jobs. Meals all had a good choice and the staff kept all server's full. Room was cleaned daily to a good standard and well equipped.
i have nothing but praise for all the staff with their friendly attitude and willingness to assist you. I will certainly use this hotel again and would recommend to anyone.

1  Thank Brian D
THeCorralejoBeach, Gerente at The Corralejo Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2017

Ref.: Brian D
Dear Guests,
We thank you very much for your nice review and evaluation in TripAdvisor. We very much appreciate your concern.

Reviewed December 19, 2017

First good points hotel is in the perfect location .kept very clean rooms are of a good size bathroom with walk in shower shower screen could be bigger as water tends to splash out over floor we requested a ground floor room facing pool which on arrival we got which was ideal for me as i use a walker.pool area lovely plenty of sun beds and very quiet .good breakfast everything you wanted slight niggle the scrambled egg was more like cake as instead of fluffy it was rather dry and stiff.BAD POINTS only one the evening meal it was totally disgusting soup was realy salty meat dried up out of seven nights we tried it 3 times on the third time we had to leave and eat out again the chefs do not know how to cook the mousaka was def not that we go to greece alot and it was nothing like its a shame this lets this lovely hotel down we were lucky as we can afford to eat out but there were people there who couldnt .two members of staff stood out to us nic on reception and david in the restaurant.would we stay again YES for the location and only on bed and breakfast

Room tip: rooms faceing the pool
Date of stay: December 2017
1  Thank SMITHS618

Ref.: SMITHS618
Dear Guests,
Thank you very much for your review in TripAdvisor , you can be sure is very helpful for us.
Sorry not to have been able to satisfy completely concerning the food, but we will work on the evening meal and try to increase quality and variety as much as possible. Your comments are very good for me to bring up the attention of the Chef.
We feel very happy to know that you have had a nice time after all and to make you to think in coming back is our best reward.
I hope you like this island and you have visit it the most.
Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed December 3, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is in a great location and convenient for shops, beach and restaurants

Breakfast had a large choice from Cereals, bacon sausages eggs etc as well as an omelette station.

Room we stayed overlooked side street and was quiet with a sea view. , however friend stayed in room overlooking high street and said it was noisy

Pool area always had sun beds available but pool itself was freezing

Staff were all helpful and friendly

I would give a higher score if a few minor issues could be address

1) more English Tv channels not just sky news. Maybe music channel

2) tea and coffee provided in rooms. Not just kettle

3) better Wi-fi. As signal was week in rooms and you had to go to reception for a decent signal

Trip type: Traveled with friends
THeCorralejoBeach, Gerente at The Corralejo Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2017

Ref.: churston
Dear Guests,
We thank you very much for your review and evaluation in TripAdvisor. You can be sure it will be very helpful for us.
Thank you for mentioning the staff, our main target is give you a nice and satisfactory stay here, and they are the one that can make it.
Your points are very interesting and we are working on more TV programs, and the tea for your kettle will be no a problem.
We very much appreciate your concern.

Reviewed November 29, 2017

If you get a bus from the airport, you do not get dropped off right outside the hotel, instead up the street a bit because of the pedestrianisation. It is not a far walk at all and can be managed by even slightly unfit or mildly disabled people who can walk. You can see the lime green facade of the hotel from where you get dropped off on the right.

I found check-in polite and efficient. Once you get into your room, your card key must be put in the slot underneath the thermostat in order for your electric to come on. This is so that when you leave your room you are not leaving electric on and wasting it. You can, however, once you have taken your key card out of the slot push the button on your air-con to keep it on whilst you are out.

The air-con only goes down to 18 degress. I like my room on holiday or at home quite frigid, so I asked for a fan to be put in my room and this was accomodated.

I was put in room 132 which faces towards the pool. Even numbers are facing inside the complex, odd number face outside (streetside). My room had a small kitchenette which was handy and included a microwave, but you will not be able to properly self-cater in this facility for a full meal really as there is only two bowls, plates, two sets of cutlery, tea-towel, bread knife, cooking pot, bottle opener and microwave dish only. No toaster or cutting board. The kettle has a cord that is too short.

Bed was comfortable and was a memory foam mattress and was twin beds pushed together as is common in Spain, Greece etc.

Wi-fi is free but you must ask for connection password to log on which they will print off for you at reception. I found it pretty reliable but you may need to go to reception and ask for a code again during your stay.

The TV has only ONE English speaking channel which is Sky news. There are about four German channels and at least one French channel, so TV for Brits is poor especially since there is also no subtitle option for the other channels in English.

Pool is not heated and does NOT have Roman steps and is sets of steel steps along the side, so getting in if you are not very mobile will be difficult and impossible if in a wheelchair. The pool when I went in November was simply too cold for even the bravest guests. I don't see how it can be pleasant to swim in at any time as it was up to 30 degrees outside up until the week before my stay.

Maid service was very good. I had my bed made every day and towels and sheets changed on the third day of my six day stay. If you do not want your room serviced, just put the do not disturb sign on your door and you do not have to sign anything to say you do not want it serviced. None of the maids could speak English, unlike reception staff.

Breakfast was buffet 'all you'd like to eat' style.There was the usual bacon (not like the bacon you might be used to), cheap sausages, cheap bockwurst 'frankfurter style' sausages that are made from mechanically recovered meat and eggs that were scrambled, fried (overfried and crispy brown) or cooked to order fried or omlette with ingredients to choose from. Lovely bread selection, baked beans, cold meats and cheese, spanish omlette (frittata), cereals, tinned fruit which was disgusting, yoghurts, queso (creamed cheese), fruit juices from a machine which you can only have in the smallest glasses I have ever seen, and a selection of tasty cute little cupcakes and pastries. Machine selection coffees, espresso etc and hot water for the selection of tea bags. The dining area is kept very clean, plates taken away quite quickly and the staff are neither pleasant nor unpleasant. They all seem to get on very well with eachother, but I saw no interaction or smiles towards myself or any of the quests. I did not use the pool bar, but I saw one gentleman try to order a cheese salad sandwich and they just did not understand, thinking three times that he wanted ham and cheese. I went B&B only, so cannot comment on dinner, but my understanding is that breakfast is the best meal they offer. There are so many varied and inexpensive eating establishments nearby, so I feel that HB or AI are simply a waste of money. (They charge 12.50 Euros if you want to pay for a buffet dinner which I understand is not that great with a poor selection but includes an alcoholic drink I think)

Apart from Reception staff, there is a language barrier I feel. I feel the hotel IS wheelchair friendly in one area of the hotel only and has a lift. It is not wheelchair friendly in one area of the hotel and you cannot get into the pool if you cannot walk and cannot climb in/out of the pool via the metal ladder. So the pool is not disabled friendly.

As I was checking out well before breakfast was served, I was unable to have the breakfast on my last day as part of my paid bed and breakfast. I enquired about this and they offered to give me a 'picnic' instead. This was a good idea, but it was inedible and very disappointing since when travelling it is good to start the day with a good breakfast. My picnic was in a bag that was room temperature and I think probably left out over night. It was a ham and cheese sandwich and the bread was rather dry. The apple had a hole in it. The pear was rock hard and inedible, The yogurt was room temperature and inedible and there was a welcomed bottle of water. I would personally suggest a ham and cheese baguette (bocadillo), plain potato crisps, a cereal/granola bar, water, and an apple that is not bruised or has holes in it.

The hotel is nice enough and kept clean, especially pool area. It is right in the old town and right on the doorstep of bars, food shopping etc, so one of the best hotels for location. It is not, I feel a 'family' hotel and does not cater especially for families. In that I mean that there is not a playground and water park type pool facilities. I feel this hotel is better for lone travellers, and couples of all ages and those with older children. There is not a lounge/bar/foyer as such, so you cannot really come downstairs and sit in a lovely lounge type area with a coffee or glass of wine. They do not have this facility, though there are seats in reception for you to sit and use the wi-fi.

The only other thing I would ad that isn't really related to the hotel is that all parking in Corralejo is free if you are driving and taxis are cheap and plentiful. There are restaurants to fit ALL budgets, but CHECK YOUR BILL before you leave.

I liked this hotel, but if you love to swim like I do in a pool that is not freezing and have very high standards when it comes to dining, then this is not the hotel for you. If you are more interested in venturing out, having an acceptable breakfast, comfy bed and being close to all amenities than this is the hotel for you. If you are looking for your little kiddies to have a play area, pool noodles and lots of other kids to play with and be entertained, this is not the hotel for you.

I have kept this review as unbiased as possible. The only thing stopping me from using this hotel again is the unheated pool with no roman steps.

Room tip: Even numbered rooms are on the inside of the complex, odd numbered rooms face the outside to the street.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank mickydoda
THeCorralejoBeach, Gerente at The Corralejo Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2017

Ref: mickydoda
Dear Guests,
I would like to thank you very much for your review and the perfect picture you made of the hotel in Tripadvisor, we appreciate your concern.
All your comments are very important for us and I always try to look on get the points that I can work on them and be able to improve or fixed things and make our guest´s stay as comfortable and pleasant as possible.
Our main target is giving you what you expect from us and what you deserve on your days of holidays.
We know that you are waiting all year for holidays so we need to make those days special.
The attitude of the staff at the restaurant is a good point and thank to you we will work on that.
All staff must work together and have same friendliness and helper s for equal.
Your suggestion for the picnic to those guests that have to leave very early is very interesting and I will meet the chef to make much more attractive.
Finally just to say that we are on progress to heat the swimming pool, but as per the Spanish Law, we cannot use the normal energy to do that, we must have an alternative energy, like solar, or bio or another, and we are looking what could we do.
I do hope you enjoy being in this island and you will visit it us again, if is in this place even better.
It was a pleasure to have you here and it will be a pleasure to welcoming you again any other time.
Thank you again for your review and for choosing us

Reviewed November 27, 2017

Just back from a great week in this hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The cleaners were on the go all the time, really hard workers. Location was perfect for all the restaurants and bars, beaches and boat trips 5 minutes walk away. We also enjoyed walking around the less touristy areas among the locals. We were originally in room 20 which was on a corner, the room was great and the private roof terrace we had looked ideal until we used it. There was smoke coming out a chimney right behind it so we couldn't sit out. The staff were very good and moved us to another room with a smaller terrace but no smoke. Breakfast was good as much as you could eat of fry ups or fruit and croissants etc.I still haven't got the free wifi to work, the only real complaint I heard from neighbours too.

Room tip: Room facing the sea is worthwhile.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
THeCorralejoBeach, Gerente at The Corralejo Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2017

Ref.: ShetlandSheltie
Dear Guests,
We thank you very much for your good review and evaluation in TripAdvisor. We very much appreciate your concern.
We really feel very good when we know that we have been able to satisfy you as you deserve and as you expected, is our main target. Thank you for mention the staff, is a big motivation for all of us and make us to keep working for you every day. We will try to improve the wifi signal as much as possible, we will find out how to bring to the apartment also.