ClubHotel Riu Oliva Beach Resort
$79
$69
Travelocity
3,997 results
All reviewsthe main hotelmandarin restaurantannex poolannexe restaurantsand dunescard roomfantastic beachon tapsaladplenty of choicebeach holidayevening entertainmentself servicegerman guestssea viewamazing locationpork
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 11, 2010

Just returned after a week here........stayed in the "annex" part of the hotel.
Room......very clean but also very basic...not 4 star
All inclusive.... food,.was something for everyone,been to better and worse.....never waited more than 30 seconds to be served a drink,staff more than helpful and that's everyone of them i met......
Pools.....two at this hotel....beds taken up early in the morning by selfish people,some who never ventured near the pool for most of the day.....this needed to be run by staff and it wasn't
Location was fantastic,on the beach which is one of the best in the world (and i've seen a lot of them)
All in all,we had a great time,hotel not 4 star......it's tired but staff are excellent,hotel let down by the night time "entertainment" which was dire....very poor
We went into Corralejo a couple of evenings,not much to see there....it's far from a ibiza or faliraki (not that we wanted that) had to go out because of poor entertainment and Corralejo is a very small,quiet place

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2010

This is the second time we have been to this hotel, previously when it was a half board option at the hotel and self catering in the annex. I still feel we got good value for money, but the all inclusive option has put a strain on the hotel's infrastructure as all the guests stay in and around the hotel. The pool area is not big enough and most of the sun beds and umbrellas were bagged by 8am. If you wanted a good spot you had to reserve your beds early like everyone else. Yes, there was loads of room on the beach, but it was very windy and cost 9 euros a day for two beds and an umbrella. The prices at the beach bar were expensive, but then so were places we ate in Corralejo. The food in the hotel was fine and the rooms clean and in good repair. The 'Mandarin' restaurant was particularly good and I would recommend this to anyone staying at the hotel. My main gripe about the hotel was the smell of sewerage. We usually ate our breakfast in the open courtyard as my husband is a smoker and the smell there was really bad. You got wafts of it during the day when sun bathing on the terrace and also when sitting outside the bar area. The 'long trouser' rule was not applied at all in the dining room and some of the men wore vests and looked as if they had just come in from a building site. The professional acts in the evenings were very good, but the rest of the entertainment was not to our taste. It seemed to be catering for the children with mimed performances of 'Grease' etc. All in all we had a good holiday but won't be using this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HolidayPat
Reviewed July 28, 2010

Came back from this hotel just over a week ago after I staid in Lanzarote for a week at the beginning of this month (Rubicon Palace).
What a contrast between those 2 hotels !!
The Riu Oliva is an old hotel (knew that before) that has been reasonably well looked after (apart from the annex wich urgently needs some paint) but that lacks any contemporary style. We checked in at 10.30am and where told our room wasn't ready yet so we were given our all inclusive straps to go and have a drink and to back after an hour.
Close to 12 we went back and our room was ready. I asked the lady at the front desk what to do with beach towels and she said the towel cards where in the room but that the towel guy would be gone by 12 so today we would have to do without towels. Nice start from a hotel that has been in the running for so long. As we checked in at 10.30 I think she cold have told me that before but she wasn't impressed when i told here that. She suggested to use the towels out of the bathroom the first day, which we did...
The hotel was very clean, including the room. People where cleaning everywhere all the time so no problems there. Rooms are a bit 'old style' and small but that's ok. We slept well and that's about everythingl we used the room for.
The hotel food was good. Could be more varied (saw some dishes coming back the day after the other) bus still good. The real downside to us was that we couldn't eat outside for diner which I hate while being on holiday. They are blessed which such an amazing climate and guests have to eat in a big, warm canteen...?? For lunch and breakfast there was a small, outside, enclosed area where you could sit but no view, no wind and with a bird net above your head? Not the cosiest spot in the world to 'enjoy' your food.
And that is what this hotel lacked about everywhere : charm.
The most amazing location ever but nothing is done with this. No bars with nice views, just an enclosed, concrete area where you can sit with your drink. The other option was the bar upstairs, big bold area, no potted plants, no nice candles on the tables, nothing. Felt a bit like a school playground and canteen.
The only area we really liked was where the jacuzzi was, under the palm trees, looking out over the dunes. This is where we where most of the time. Other people weren't really bothered though as they seemed to enjoy being 'lined up' next to eachother at the main pool.
My review maybe sounds a bit negative but the hotel is really not bad, just not what I like and I will not return...

1  Thank Delectatio
Reviewed July 28, 2010

Having just returned from my holiday with my family I just wanted to point out a few things for future travellers to this resort, on a whole my family and I enjoyed the holiday as it was what we wanted a quiet family holiday but I think I was being a bit naive thinking I would get some peace from my children unfortunately this was not to be as all the kids clubs were not geared for English speaking guests, yes I appreciate that it is a German owned hotel but not once on the trip did I see any English people taking part in any of the activities or more to the point being asked, also the nightly shows, I do not class myself hard to please but they were really poor, a group of people dressing up and dancing badly is not my idea of fun a bit of variety would have been nice but you can't have it all. Also the sunloungers at the annexe pool I noticed one family in particular who took up at least 6 sunloungers and 3 parasols by the pool by putting towels on them and then using them to put their kids lilos on, in my view shouldn't be allowed when there are other people doing without especially when it says in your welcome leaflet not do this, but some of the fellow guests seemed to think they were more important than others. Also the gym would be used more in my opinion if any of the machines actually worked. On a positive note the place was clean, the food was good, great selection, sorry just remembered if you are booking into the Mandarin restaurant make sure you pick your ticket up from reception as we weren't given one on booking and unknown to us our place that night was cancelled, we had started eating our starter when a waiter came over and basically started giving us what for and then said it was fine for us to eat there even though it wasn't our fault but it was so embrassing we just got up and left. I enjoyed the trip as you can't fault the location and is only a few minutes by taxi into the town but I think next year we will be hiring a villa and not be paying the same amount of money as we did this year.

Reviewed July 22, 2010

I booked with First Choice on their internet page and was disappointed to find that not all was as described.
First Choice/Thomson stated that there were two accomodations- main hotel and "the annex"- there being no description of one type of room against the other.It was an all inclusive holiday - on arrival we were allocated a room in "the annex" which basically is a village of apartments across the road from the main hotel.
The room was a split level. The living room downstairs comprised table chairs two sofas one of which converted to a single bed, tv and fridge and upstairs ( a very steep 16 spiral steps stairway) there were two single beds and a medium sized bathroom.
There was no indiaction whatsoever by First Choice that the annex rooms were split level.I would have to say that anyone with walking difficulties or elederly would not suit this accomodation at all. Next day after arrival we walked round the place - the beach is very nice - it being the dunes of Fuerteventura fronting on to the sea. There are two pools in the resort - the main hotel is very busy and the second pool based over the road amidst the annex village is just as big but much quieter. We saw people at the main pool with hotel towels and we asked the poolside staff if we could get them for sunbathing- we were told we had to get a ticket from reception. As we had booked in late the preceding day we thought there had been an oversight- not so - to my disappointment the reception staff told us that as we were roomed in the annex the towels weren`t included in the all inclusive deal - TUI had declined the facility.
I was quite annoyed about this as all all inclusives I ave been on always included towels - although it was not stipulated in the internet brochure. Made us feel quite like the" second class citizens from the annex".
Food was ok but hardly gastronomic delights. We decided to eat a few evenings up in the town - which again was not described in the brochure as being a ten/fifteen minute taxi ride ( round trip probably about 14 euros) but it gave us something to do as the hotel does notr lay on any decent entertainment- manily the "animacion" staff doing karaoke or trying to dance.
All in all it was disappointing- the tripadvisor reports had been very good in the main but i would have to say I would be in the minority who would give the place a poor review.
If you are travelling with Thomson/TUI just check where they are rooming you- if its in the annex be prepared tro bring extra beach towels and a stiff climb to bed/bathroom- the calfs of my legs were sore for about three days until i got used to the stairs......