Stayed in the Olivia Beach resort 30th October - 6th November, booked with Thomson. We stayed in the appartments in the "annexe" area of the resort which was like a mini village a few minutes walk from the main hotel building. Upon arrival (at 9pm) we were told that we were to have late dinner at 10pm and could drop off our bags etc in the meantime. We arrived at our apartment and couldn't believe the size of it - massive! A living area with a fridge then upstairs to a bedroom, bathroom and wardrobe. The only down side was that it was in need of refurbishment. The room was arranged with twin beds however upon asking reception it was quickly rearranged to a double bed configuration. We returned for dinner at 10 to be served with a cold salad plate - was hoping for something a little more substantial.
We spent most days relaxing by the hotel pool between taking part in the various activities run by the including french bowls, shooting etc. I was usually the only British person taking part and seemed to be more popular with the German speaking tourists but it was fine! The poolside snack bar had the usual selection of burgers, hot dogs, pizza, toasties etc which were average most drinks were self-service with the exception of cocktails. The beach was really impressive but we only popped out of the resort to use it.
The evening entertainment was mainly held in the main stage where there was a nightly show performed by the animation team. We found some it a bit hit and miss - a couple of good shows but we also left part way through a couple of them.
There were 2 buffet style restaurants on site - we used them for breakfast and dinner most of the time. The food was reasonably good and was impressed with the amount of cooking stations. Even fried eggs were cooked in front of you! We ate in the mandarin restaurant one evening hoping it would be something a little nicer, however it was really just glorified buffet - we still had to help ourselves to all the food and the quality was about the same as the buffet restaurant, on that basis we didnt book to eat in the other restaurant (canarian).
The drinks were good however sometimes quite strong! Decent selection of cocktails on the menu and the bar staff were happy to make people custom cocktails as long as the ingredients were available. The beer was ok.
The hotel was kept quite clean at all times and we would regularly see staff cleaning during the day. The pool toliets were sometimes a bit smelly though but nothing worse than experienced elsewhere.
We visited Corralejo town a couple of times, lots of bars and shops and a nice harbour area. Bus is 1.60 Euro and takes about 10 minutes. We got a taxi back one evening after staying out for food and drinks one evening and it cost about 7 Euro.
Normally we would do an organised trip round the area however on this occasion I thought I'd be a bit more adventurous - I hired a car and drove round several of Fuerteventura's landmarks - Pajara (where we lunched), Ajuy where theres the islands only black sanded beach and the impressive Betancuria National Park - a driving experience in itself round its mountain track - just watch out for the squirrels if you stop to admire the scenery!
Overall a good trip. I'd definitely visit Fuerteventura again in the autumn and I'd probably stay in the hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 5 km from Corralejo. 7-storey main building and 2-storey and 3-storey annexes, surrounded by a 35,000 m2 garden, Situated on Grandes Playas sand dune beach, 5 km from various shops, 35 km from the airport, 200 m from a bus stop, Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Oliva Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Clubhotel Oliva Beach Corralejo
- Riu Oliva Beach
- Riu Clubhotel Oliva Beach Hotel
- ClubHotel Riu Oliva Beach Resort Fuerteventura/Corralejo