Travelled to Oliva Beach Resort at end of August with the family and had a great time. Have travelled extensively throughout the world and would recommend this hotel for a family holiday. Admittedly the Hotel is very large and may be too large for the discerning traveller but for us it suited us well. Situated on a fantastic beach with clear blue sea and some fantastic breakers if the weather is favourable. Kids loved the opportunity to body board on the big breakers. Sea is shallow and quite safe for children to play in if the waves are not too big. Plenty of loungers and umbrellas BUT have to be paid for. Take a beach towel and use the sand if you do not want to pay. Transfer from Airport approx 30 mins, check in friendly and efficient. We had three rooms in the annexe block which was 5 mins away from the main complex through well manicured gardens. One of the rooms was not suitable for young children as it had a balcony wall overlooking the living area. Went to reception and they gave us a ground floor suite which was much more suited. Staff cam and moved the family and gave them a bottle of bubbly for any inconvenience caused. As a family we preferred the annexe block as it suited the family. In our opinion pool was much more attractive than the main hotel pool and there were always plenty of loungers despite the continental habit of reserving them at dawn! The annexe restaurant was excellent. Food was well prepared and plenty of it.Beer, wine and soft drinks on tap. Staff friendly and very efficient. Entertainment was not particularly to our liking especially in the evening. Started at 9:30 so not really aimed at young children. Day time activities were ok, but nothing special.
All in all we had a great holiday. Every one is entitled to their own opinion and from some of the previous negative comments we were a bit sceptical, But I can assure you from what we experienced we would willingly return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 5 km from Corralejo. 7-storey main building and 2-storey and 3-storey annexes, surrounded by a 35,000 m2 garden, Situated on Grandes Playas sand dune beach, 5 km from various shops, 35 km from the airport, 200 m from a bus stop, Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Oliva Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Clubhotel Oliva Beach Corralejo
- Riu Oliva Beach
- Riu Clubhotel Oliva Beach Hotel
- ClubHotel Riu Oliva Beach Resort Fuerteventura/Corralejo