“Fantastic holiday!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 46 Hotels in Corralejo
Barnsley, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic holiday!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

Four of us went on a girly holiday to this hotel in June and we thought it was great, we had the time of our lives, location and beach fantastic, beautiful scenery. we stayed in the Annexes. Rooms spacious and very clean. Staff fantastic especially Fabio. The food was edible but not fantastic, it did get a bit repetitive even though we only stayed for a week, the Asian restaurant was nice though. We met some fantastic friends who we are keeping in touch with and we will definitely return to this place again next year. We did not rate the entertainment very good but we made our own entertainment and had a scream. I holiday a lot and have been to many places including the caribean and I have to say this beach definitely takes some beating, its beautiful. Look out for the nudists though, there are no signs telling you which part they are on. Each to their own but we couldn't help but feel that some of them were not just there for the naturism and were pervs, not nice when you've just had a hot dog for dinner! I definitely recommend this hotel but don't expect too much entertainment although they do try bless em.

Room Tip: Annexe rooms are very spacious
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Angie L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (898)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

I have just returned from this hotel, three days were spent sick with food poisoning. I wasn't the only one, many went down sick. Many completed forms about their illnesses with the rep Annaka.
On my last night, I noticed predominantly raw chicken being placed in dishes ready for guests to help themselves.
I notified the head (ruddy faced, large waiter) he went to the smaller chef who "cooked" the chicken to let him know. No wonder so many were sick. This really annoyed me, as it's so important to make sure chicken is cooked. There were many pregnant and elderly guests, this could have been much worse for them.

The hotel has thread bare, dark green carpets, chipped dark wood furniture, and is dingy.
The beach is amazing and can't be faulted. The waves are powerful though so use caution.
The entertainment is terrible and is like being stuck on a bad cheap cruise. I went to bed as it was too bad.
The drinks were sickly, syrupy, mass produced slosh in a plastic cup. No imagination or care went into cocktails at all.
Sunbeds are taken early, a crack of dawn rise is needed if you want one for the day.
I would not go back, as it's just too dated to feel like your on holiday. It's like going back in time.
Not to mention, uncooked food is not what I want to be looking out for on holiday.
Noisy rooms at night over the pool -just not for me. The hotel is aimed at the Germans, so all literature and notices are mainly in German. The reception area is crammed with bored holiday makers using Wi Fi on their phones as its the only past time. You can only get Wi Fi in the reception area which is crammed and you often can't get a seat.

1 Thank Talie T
Wirral
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

I won't write a long-winded essay but I will say this hotel and its staff, amenities, food, etc are just the very best. The beach is about as good as any I've ever seen: crystal clear water, golden sand, and so clean.

Room Tip: Try and stay in the main hotel and ask for a pool-beach view
3 Thank tonyf11Wirral
Cardiff
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

Went here for 2 weeks in July with my wife. My 1st impressions if I'm honest were poor. Reception was rammed and there were people everywhere. This is big hotel and was pretty full. However, as my time progressed I grew to like the hotel. The hotel is generally a German/Dutch hotel. i didn't encounter many British people whilst I was there but that was not an issue for us.

The food is really good, we had no problems at all with any of it. It's a buffet type scenario and they have to prepare a huge amount of food but it was all tasty, well prepared and with a good selection. There are 2 bookable restaurants, one Chinese and one Canarian. Both were very good.

The daytime entertainment was very good and I played Beach volleyball twice a day.

I never went in the pool but had no trouble finding sun beds in the various locations. We tended to go on the ground floor as the breeze was quite cooling there.

The evening entertainment was quite good but we tended to have early nights!

The hotel location is quite a way from Corralejo, we walked there one night via the beach and it took 2 hours.

The hotel is right on the beach and near the dunes.

The rooms are clean and tidy if a little dated.

I did a lot of SCUBA diving using Dive Center Corralejo. I can highly recommend them as they have a great facility and a good boat to take you to the dive sites. They also picked me up from the hotel for my 12 dives.

Room Tip: Get a high floor with a room at the end of a corridor if you want a quiet one.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CardiffBrycey
Sheffield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

I've stayed in Corralejo twice before and other resorts on the island and have seen this hotel on my travels, so I thought it might be nice to go there. Yes, the position is one of the best, a huge pale sand beach that won't ever be too crowded, clear, safe, blue sea, if its not too windy and sun loungers, umbrellas and a beach bar. What a pity I came to the hotel 20 years too late. It doesn't look if much had been done to it since it was built. That said, the staff were all very good, but a lot of the guests were not. Everywhere you looked, there were used glasses and crockery, near the lifts on various floors in the main hotel and all over the gardens and pathways around the Annex, even though there were plastic boxes for guests to use for empties. Obviously, the hotel were trying to alleviate this problem. The place on the whole was kept reasonably clean, but no amount of dusting can improve peeling paint, scratched furniture, cracked tiles and small windows and bird droppings. The food in both restaurants was the usual All Inc fare, but we did get a Bucks Fizz one morning and a freshly made tropical fruit juice another day at no extra charge. The Canarian restaurant was good, except for the non existent watercress soup, which I was looking forward to. The bedrooms in the Annex were a very good size and everything worked OK. The towels, though plentiful, were probably the original ones. Come on, RUI hotels, you have a good reputation. Give this very dated and tired hotel an urgent re-furbishment, it's certainly overdue and then I, and a lot more people, will be pleased to return. One last thing, this was the only hotel I can remember staying in that didn't charge for the in- room safe or the late check out (5pm) from our room. Thank you for that.

2 Thank Suziesuperstar
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

This was my second trip to this hotel, I really love it! The location is amazing, the beach and waves are fantastic. It's near a small town easy access, lots of things to do, the sand dunes are well worth exploring as is the island of Los lobos. The weather was great, not too hot due to the breeze. The hotel staff are extremely friendly, I asked for extra pillows-not a problem, people who I was travelling with asked to move rooms-not a problem. This hotel is great value for money. In the interest of balance I need to mention the extremely hard beds! Also for vegetarians the variety of good isn't that great, but if you like pizza it's fine. The rooms are spacious but a little dated. My main issue of which many will understand is the sun loungers, people still reserve with towels at unreasonably early times in the day. I cannot understand why hotels do not deal with this problem. Everyone has paid so everyone should have the right to use a sun lounger AND parasol. We did have to go indoors one afternoon as we couldn't find any shade to sit in. The hotel has a cat sanctury where they feed the stray cats which is a lovely thing to do but if they can free someone up to feed the cats perhaps they can free staff up to throw people's towels off the sun loungers if they are not using them all day. I would really be interested to know why not just this hotel but many hotels cannot stop people reserving sunbeds!! Rant over. I would also warn people that the waterpark although great for the kids is 25 euros for over 11yrs it makes for a costly day out. Otherwise I really do rate this hotel and fuertuventura for a holiday and would recommend to others especially if they can sort out the sun lounger issue!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank helenmaw
Sheffield
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was our second time to an all inclusive in Fuerteventura and will certainly be our last .
Firstly I have to say I adored Corralejo and will definitely return to this Island but in a villa or bed and breakfast .
The beach the Hotel is located on is stunning , just beautiful , which in all honesty was a good job as the Hotel pool area was awful.

I will try and be as constructive as possible on this review but any positives are few .
The Hotel is so depressing . We stayed in the main part on the 3rd floor , the views from the room were gorgeous , the room was cleaned every day but it was so tired . The bedding awful and everything was so dark .
The food in the Buffet looked ok but if I'm honest I ate nothing at all at breakfast or lunch and we went out every night for food to escape the "zoo " that was classed as a dining room.
This leads me to my explanation as to why I couldn't eat there .
The problem was ALWAYS the German guests , which , I would guess made up 80% of the Hotels occupancy on the week we were there.
They have no manners ,no thought for other guests and no dignity. Picking food up and then putting it back , it was disgusting and the Staff were aware they were doing this . The children were rude and mealtimes were horrible as they were running around all the time , I've never been a fan of wandering around with my plate but here you couldn't anyway as everyone was barging into each other whilst putting their sweaty paws on all the food .
The drinks were self serve also , we even witnessed a middle aged lady spraying cola everywhere from the dispenser then proceeded to wash her hands under the tonic water dispenser. This again , witnessed by Staff who did nothing .
This behaviour is unfair on other guests and has to be addressed by this Hotel .
The snack area by the pool was even worse to witness , people getting out of the pool , wet through and dripping over the food was the final straw for us , why people feel the need to parade their fat saggy bodies in trunks and bikinis whilst devouring 13 burgers and hot dogs is beyond me . One family proceeded to totally dry themselves off in the snack bar area whilst people were eating . It was awful.
I would suggest that the Hotel adopts some kind of policy that Guests need to put some clothes on before subjecting everyone to their "I'm on holiday and I don't care " attitude. We were convinced that people left their dignity at the airport .
Every day we went to the beach , even if we had wanted to stay around the pool all the beds were gone fairly early , also the sewerage smell was unbearable . We were charged 9 euros per day for the beds and umbrella . But I hate to think what we would have done if the Hotel had not been located on this beach .
Every night we went into Corralejo and the taxis were around 8 euros .
We ate in most of the restaurants at night and the prices for drinks and food was really good .
The Mojito Bar did great drinks and nice wine , had a lovely relaxed vibe which was a million miles from the Hotel .
Only when we returned on an evening did we witness terrible entertainment and dreaming kids as we walked through the lobby to get to the lift to our room .

All in all this turned out to be an expensive holiday and all we used the Hotel for was a bed and a shower, I would never go on an all inclusive in Europe again .
I echo what other reviews have said in that it needs closing down and refurbing .
The annex looked better , or better still a different Hotel altogether.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank RachMarkSheffield
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corralejo
Hotel Riu Palace Tres Islas
Bahiazul Villas & Club
Bahiazul Villas & Club
#2 of 46 in Corralejo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,148 reviews

Been to ClubHotel Riu Oliva Beach Resort? Share your experiences!