“Relaxing Time at Riu Olivia Beach..”

ClubHotel Riu Oliva Beach Resort
Ranked #17 of 45 Hotels in Corralejo
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stayed at the Riu Olivia Beach 4th - 11th May 2013. A large complex and I can only comment on the annex part which is where we stayed in apartment 2131, although near the far end of the complex and near the road never haeard any road noise, large apartment for two of us which was very nice, fridge wasn't working when we arrived we reported it to reception and within 2 minutes of returning to our apartment at after 10pm the maintenance man was there!! Air Con didn't seem to work great and we should have mentioned it really but it didn't spoil things. All hotel staff were so friendly and helpful and the attention to detail was brilliant, the pools and day time activities were great, lots of little things that just made it so nice. Only thing for us that let it down was the food was very repetitive, for me salad and fish is great but not for the hubby he craved a jacket potatoe! Lots of different nationalities at the hotel but made for a pleasant and interesting stay, I would go again, seems in the middle of no where but only a 10 minute bus ride into Corralejo at 1 Euro 40 cent can't grumble.

Room Tip: I would rather have been in the annex than the main hotel so was more than happy with apartment 2131...
2  Thank eeyore30westmidlands

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I picked this hotel after my usual amount of research and cost. We were a family with a 4 month baby staying for 11 nights, I booked with Thomson although this is a First Choice resort and that was who the resort rep is with.
Check in: - We arrived at the hotel early evening and the process was very smooth and quick and within 15 minutes we were in our room. Everything was in the room as per our request; the porter came along 5 minutes later as promised with our bags.
Rooms: - The room was very clean, spacious and airy. The air conditioning although worked was not quite up to the job however there was a ceiling fan which sufficed for our stay , however if the temperature was 5 degrees more I think this may be a tad uncomfortable. We had a room with a sea view as I’d opted for this upgrade and it was an upgrade worth the money as the views were lovely looking out over the sea with a beautiful view of Lanzarote. Its also worth noting at this point that the beds were a little on the hard side for my liking .
During our stay the rooms were attended to on a daily basis with anything that needed replenishment was satisfied. We had a slight problem with the fridge which I reported to reception and this was dealt with within the hour.
Food: - I was very happy with the selection of food, with all meals providing a good assortment of options to cater for tastes and trends enabling enough variation for longer stays. Some reviewers may say that the food was the same but if you asked yourself how you could vary breakfast for 14 days when everything was already laid out, then I’d say that was an unfair negative by the reviewer. The snacks provided by the poolside bar were plentiful and fresh, to such an extent that we rarely ate lunch in the main restaurant.
Amenities: - The hotel provided plenty of options and entertainment to pass the time of day with evening shows, daytime activities for both adults and kids along with plenty
Location:- Location for us was perfect , I opted for a private transfer which took about 25 minutes from the Airport , the hotel itself has a taxi rank outside and a Bus stop on either side of the road so transport connections to the hotel were very good . Taxis to the nearest town of Corralejo were also easy and good value at between 6-8 euros with no need to book either. The hotel itself is right on the beach with nothing else either way for miles apart from its sister resort making for a very Idyllic location.
Faults :- it was hard to find any faults with the hotel , the comments I’ve read which suggest the hotel is tired and dated I think were over emphasised as the rooms were not modern but they were clean and tidy and the furniture was up to scratch . The reception was modern looking and gave a good impression of the branding. I think the Achilles heel of this hotel was the lifts they were 80-90 % operational but fell short on the capacity required by the hotel , travelling with a little on we noticed this . However this was the only thing I would say was a negative for this resort.
Summary :- I found this hotel in my opinion did live up to its 4 star reputation (just!) , The food was of a good standard and provided a good variety , the drinks were good and nothing ever ran out . The bar staff were tentative and well-mannered as were the staff on the whole of the resort. I would definitely return or recommended. The beach was awesome and complimented the resort it was just a shame I didn't make more use of it. Some reviewers may say the resort was full of certain nationalities “but hey” we’re all entitled to a holiday aren't we?

Room Tip: The rooms are about what you can afford , what your needs are and what you desire , But like I said...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank lennster1975
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Just returned from the Riu Oliva beach and overall quite impressed with the facilities on offer. First off you cannot fault the staff for their attention to detail especially in the bar areas and the restaurants in quickly clearing away old plates and glasses and very happy to do so aswell.
We paid extra for a high up sea view over looking the pool ( room 537 ) which just blew me away the the views of the dunes and beach, found this was worth it.
Food was your typical buffet standard which was quite good on some days then let down on others and the bar areas were always clean and tidy and good to have self service drinks available all day.
We went out a couple of nights into Correlejo and it was nice to buy a drink and also be served your meal.
Plenty of sunbeds available with your normal 7 am lets put the towels down and the bugger off.
Go to the beach instead but you will have to pay for the sunbeds ( 3 euros all day ).
I think that the hotel is in a need of a good spruce up especially painting the outside of the hotel but in the rooms all the furniture and carpets need to be changed as these are quite dated.
Only 3 out of 5 but room to improve.

Room Tip: Higher up on pools side for better views. When leaving ask for late check as we did not pay.
2  Thank Wonkytop
Reviewed May 15, 2013

"i had a wonderful time- but slightly disappointed - 3 out of 5 rating!" is just one comment that amazed me from some of you guys.
i think TA is there to review your holiday based on expectations from the category/price/hotel rating that you have paid for - not on some utopian image that every £400 hol will be faultless.
this is a brilliant hotel and it is set in a stunning location. everthing about it ticks the box for 5 out of 5 based on wht i expected. the staff are amazing, although too many in number for some discerning reviewers! i think they are all a credit to the way the hotel is run and the ethos they share for helping people to enjoy themselves. the food police will never be satisfied - pay more go elsewhere. the food here was lovely and drinks were plentiful.
you could do as little or as much as you liked and were never pestered by the very good animation team. who do people think they are going to see when they put on a show?
what a beach!!!!!! shame about the meerkats who inhabit various hidey holes and feel the need to display with hands on hips and legs akimbo! there - each to his own but please dont bend down in front of me missus when i have just had me brekky!
you wont be disappointed by this hotel unless you are the type who even brings his own table tennis bat on hols! (yes - saw this)
get whatever room and dont spend too much time in it. meet some people and have a laugh!

Room Tip: get on with it
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
15  Thank pad-doc
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My wife and i have just returned from a two week holiday at Oliva beach and both of us expressed our delight in having chosen the hotel and Feurteventura for our vacation. We travelled with Thompson's and enjoyed the upgraded seats which offered us great leg room. Having passed swiftly through customs and very quickly collected our luggage we were greeted at the front hall by our Thompson rep and directed to our waiting coach. All very professional and welcoming.The thirty minute journey to the hotel was no hardship. Booking in went quickly an smoothly; the reception staff being most curteous and welcoming. Our room in the annex was twin bedded being very clean if a little basic. This was no trouble to my wife and I who slept every night like logs. Mind you we did get involved in almost all the animated activities each day! As well as eating at the main buffet we also tried the Mandarine (our favourite restaurant) plus The Caneria. The food was, at all times, good and plentiful with a varied choice of menu. There was a show every night; two nights each week professional entertainers were brought in to entertain the guest. The animation team performed all other nights. The beach just outside of our hotel was beautiful however the sea can at times be very rough. We enjoyed our two visits to Correlejo Town with its lovely harbour and plentiful shops. Our return trip was a repeat of our outward journey...very good. A special mention here of the great animation team, all of whom were always friendly and fun.
All in all a great holiday experience and very good value for money.

6  Thank spassspass
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My wife and I have just returned from a week at the Rui Olivia Beach had a wonderful time. found the Thompson reps Chris and Jacky brilliant and very helpful ...hotel staff very helpful beds a bit hard and uncomfortable our room was on 5th floor with loverly view of beach just a shame it was in shade. we both thought that although the food was in plentiful supply but the same thing every day it started to get very boring,Saying that the Manderin restaurant was wonderful
. Entertainment was in the Butlins catagory young people with lots of energy nice costumes miming to Abba or show songs (not very well by some of them) very repetative and boring by end of week. A sign in hotel says not to put towels on sun beds to reserve them seems that does not apply to the Germans, And talking about them this hotel is definatly geared very much with them in mind and despite not having any opinions about them before this holiday we now think they are rude arrogant and treated other guest with a definate lack of respect , A little inprovement and this could be a perfect holiday

Room Tip: try to get a room in main hotel higher the better and on south side
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Me & my husband stayed at this hotel for 1 week 20th April it was just fantastic cannot fault any of it. Hotel, food, staff, location was amazing. We were given an duplex apartment which was wonderful. Choice of 3 diff restaurants was brilliant ........you have to try the Mandarin Restaurant
but the hotel could not do enough for you. First time we have been to Fuerteventura and we just loved it. Weather was 32 degrees but with the lovely breeze it was lovely. Not like Egypt where you just fry !! The beaches are just out of this world and its unbelievable they are just on your doorstep. Will def be going back had an amazing holiday and the Germans and French were all lovely in the hotel with all their families. I am in 50s and hubby in 60s and loved the entertainment, loved the All Inclusive ........Thanks Thomson for fab holiday xx

Only fault would say gym needs improving, equipment out of date

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank cheryl_greer228
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corralejo
Hotel Riu Palace Tres Islas
Barcelo Corralejo Sands
Barcelo Corralejo Sands
#7 of 45 in Corralejo
Melia Gorriones Fuerteventura

Been to ClubHotel Riu Oliva Beach Resort? Share your experiences!