We booked to stay at this hotel because i love the sea and beach and you can't get much closer than this property!
I would rate this hotel as excellent except for it needing an overhaul cosmetically, but apart from that you cannot fault it. The staff are so helpful and friendly, the food itself is plentiful, fresh, tasty and prepared right in front of you. We enjoyed the Canarian and Asian restaurants which you can pre-book during your stay. My fave was the canarian, but hubby loved the Asian. We loved the snack bar by the annexe pool for our lunchtimes and it was so relaxed sitting by the pool rather than going across to the main restaurant. We also enjoyed eating in the annexe restaurant in the mornings too and the evenings.....we cannot say enough good things about the food.
Location wise, you could not wish for a better and safer beach area for your children. Our son was 2 and a half years and terrified of water, but going to the beach cured his fear and from day one he was splashing around in the surf and loved it. We hired a car and headed off to El Cotillo but didn't stick around as the place was dead. Driving about the island is really easy and it doesn't take you long to get anywhere as the place is so small. We ventured into corralejo itself a few times and we'd recommend Sottavento restaurant in the harbour - the food is delicious and they have free wi-fi.
Entertainment wise we can't comment as we didn't indulge in any of it as our son is only very small. We have teenagers too and I have to say that if they had been with us, they probably would have been very bored in the evenings. The main reception area in the evening was always busy and had free wi-fi and after our son went to sleep we would enjoy some of the cocktails - can recommend the vodka sun!!
We went in January 2013 and are going back again in August 2013 - it really is a great place to visit and beaches wise, you just couldn't get any better within such a short flight from the UK xx
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 5 km from Corralejo. 7-storey main building and 2-storey and 3-storey annexes, surrounded by a 35,000 m2 garden, Situated on Grandes Playas sand dune beach, 5 km from various shops, 35 km from the airport, 200 m from a bus stop, Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, RIU Hotels and Resorts, TravelUp, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Oliva Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Clubhotel Oliva Beach Corralejo
- Riu Oliva Beach
- Riu Clubhotel Oliva Beach Hotel
- ClubHotel Riu Oliva Beach Resort Fuerteventura/Corralejo