“Perfect location for a beach holiday”

ClubHotel Riu Oliva Beach Resort
Ranked #17 of 46 Hotels in Corralejo
“Perfect location for a beach holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

This is a very good place to stay if you want a beach holiday. It is located directly on the beach itself. A very big beach which is never overcrowded and you can find your own piece of paradise. The hotel is all inclusive as it is a fair walking distance from the town of Corralejo . I found all the facilities very good. Rooms in the hotel itself were very clean and we'll furnished. Food was at very nice. Good selection and tasty. The staff throughout the hotel seemed happy and offered a high level of hospitality. I recommend staying here if you like beach, sun and sea.

• Stayed January 2013
4 Thank R0B3RT1973

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (905)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
mechelen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed in the Riu Oliva from 9/1-16/1 in the main building. The welcome at the reception was outstanding, my room spotless clean with a great view. The food was exellent. Every day I had something different. There was opportunity to eat outsite in the morning and at lunchtime. Only few people did this. I don't understand why. Perhaps because you had to go get your food a little bit further? I don't understand the negative critics. I had a good time, friendly personnel and for a very, very good price. If you like a quiet holiday on a lovely beach, just book this hotel. (from Belgium)

Room Tip: in wintertime ask for a room with view on the swimming pool (sun all day long)
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank cecile c
Poulton-Le-Fylde, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

I am a regular traveller to Fuerteventura. I have done the hotel half board with Riu before and have also rented an apartment on the other side of the island. As this was a last minute get away we decided we would try an all-inclusive hotel and as this hotel is in an ideal location on a wonderful beach it seemed ideal. I agree with some of the previous reviews that this hotel is looking tired in places, even though I know it had some extensive renovation a couple of years ago. It is exceptional value for money where food and drink are always available, with lots of choices for everyone. The only comment I have is that I didnt feel like I was I was in Fuerteventura, I felt like I was in Germany. This is to no fault of the hotel, but I would say that there were 80% Germans, 15% others and 5% British. Some fellow holiday makers were incredibly rude and pushy, assuming that everyone in the hotel spoke German. I found this a bit off putting.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank lubylou132
Staffordshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

This was our third visit to this Hotel and we will definatley be returning.Good food ,reasonable accomodation,spotlessly clean Lovely friendly staff and an amazing beach.there is a good bus sevice into town or you can get a taxi between 6 to 8 euros.It was my Birthday while we were there so we went out for an Indian meal at Fazzs on the sea front was really lgood.Lots of good bars and Rock Corner is good if you want a bit of live music.Also bar Agua does lovely cocktails.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank sturushton
newport
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

This was our second visit in two years to this hotel, we decided on a return visit because we knew exactly what we were getting - for a no nonsense week in the sun this place is ideal, great food all day in a beautiful location and beer and wine on tap next to the pool ( with fifty shades of grey in hand! ) what can I say except perfect- laters!

• Stayed July 2012
6 Thank debs029
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Excellent location - all rooms have v private baloney with sea views. Hotel looking a little tired, but is v clean. Rooms are a good size and v quiet. Restaurant has v good choices and excellent service. Reception helpful - also has free wi-fi. Entertainment ok, although evening performances were a bit mixed: they need to sing, not mime to tracks! Abba tribute group v good. Artist in residence allows you to set free the hidden talent you never knew you had.

Room Tip: Higher floors = better views.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank cburni
Burntwood, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

We knew when we booked that we would be in the annexe as we did not pay for a sea view. Our room was spotless but very dated and could do with a face lift. We found the staff really pleasent and helpfull at all times. The food was first class , But the entertainment was not up to much and very much geared towards the Germans . The hotel is very issolated and there is nowhere for you to walk to which what we really missed. Would we return there ? The answer to that would be no. We had a pleasent week with mixed weather . you need a Jacket for the evenings and sometimes through the day

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a sea view and make sure you are facing the sun otherwise your room will feel very...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank June S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corralejo
Hotel Riu Palace Tres Islas
Avanti Hotel Boutique Fuerteventura
Barcelo Corralejo Sands
Barcelo Corralejo Sands
#7 of 46 in Corralejo

Been to ClubHotel Riu Oliva Beach Resort? Share your experiences!