“Stop moaning about annex building, you can always call and check your reservation before you fly to your holiday...”

ClubHotel Riu Oliva Beach Resort
Ranked #17 of 46 Hotels in Corralejo
Moravče
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Me and my wife stayed here for 2 weeks in All inclusive, and we had one of our best holidays in all inclusive resort. The hotel is well kept, very clean and the service from the hotel staff is very professional. This hotel is a very good value for the money we paid. For all of you, moaning about beeing situated at the annex, STOP doing that, because we all have all kinds of phones in our pockets, and you can always call to the hotel, before you go, and ask, where your agent placed you. I asked especially for the main building, checked 2 days before leaving from home by calling their phone number, and that was it... VERY VERY SIMPLE THING TO.DO !!!!!!
Our room was well kept and cleaned daily, receptionists are very kind, they also give you bottled water for free, every day and as much as you want !!!! Staff in restourants and bars is also amazing, especially a waitress named Andreitta from the pool bar in main building, always welcomes you with a great smile, and makes best cocktails around!!!!
The food is also very good, wide variety of fresh meat, pastas, eggs, salads, pizza, potatoes, fresh and freshly coocked vegies and also lots of fresh fruit. There is also a good variety of desserts... Wich was exually the only thing we didnt like !!! The only MINUS in the kitchen was one "big" male chef, that worked in the morning during the breakfast time. We always came late to the breakfast, cause we were jogging along the beach in the sunrise. We know, that this guy has a lot of work to do, and lots of hungry mounths to please, but HEY.... One morning when the restourant was almost empty, I kindly waned to ask this "chef" if he could make "well done eggs" for my preagnant wife, cause there is a big risk for salmonela if not well done.... For the PREAGNANT WOMEN of course.... The guy refused to talk to me in any way... I only said ... Sorry sir... Can I ... And he interrupted me before i could speak, and said ... SELF SERVICE !!!! ... I really think that is not the way to treat your custumers, he should at least hear what I have to say.... So.... Big dislike
Anyway, our holydays were perfect, the pool was also clean and quite warm in the mornings, so you could throw
Yourself in after a good jogg in the morning, I was hoping on throwing myself in to the sea, but the sand along the coast was filled with houndrets of jellyfish.... So the pool was a very good alternative :))))
Also it is true that hotel is full of german people, but so.what ??? No one is picking at you, we also met a nice elderly couple from Germany in the Mandarin restourant,and had a few nice chats. If you dont like someone... Simply go away....
Also both restourants, the asian and canary had very good food, and dont forget to book it while staying there!!!
So.... Thumbs up, there is NO reason NOT to book this beautifulll resort
Borut&Helena age 29, Slovenia

• Stayed January 2012
13 Thank Lordburrito

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (903)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Love this hotel perfect right on the beach. Food perfect lots of choice. Weather was gorgeous really hot but with a nice breeze

• Stayed July 2011
4 Thank Gema4
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Just returned from 2 weeks at the riu , the hotel is not riu standard. Nearly all of the guests at the hotel were german and they are not very nice people,think they are better than you,will not que for anything and they do not make children feel welcome in any of the bars. The food is ok but is repaeted nearly every day, chicken, cow, pork, fish, pizza, burgers, this would be fine if you were only staying for a week. The entertainment was very poor, we stayed in the annex and there was no music around the pool and no snacks in the pool bar but if you stayed in the main hotel the music was playing around the pool and there was lots of snacks served from 10.30 til 3.00 and there was a pool towel service. The hotel is situated on the beach but be very careful if you go for a walk along the beach as there is a lot of nudists walking around and sunbathing. Not a lot to do in the hotel, would of been better if we were closer to the town centre all in all a very disapointing holiday.

Room Tip: do not go to this hotel
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank tracy c
South Coast
Reviewed January 18, 2012

We couldn't fault this hotel. It is kept spotlessly clean with really good food and very friendly helpful staff. We did not pay for a sea view but had a fantastic sea view in the main hotel block. We did not have any sun on our balcony but the view was amazing. The maid's do a fantastic job cleaning the rooms and were always friendly. We had a problem with the flush on our toilet and we reported this to reception and it was sorted out within an hour.
The food was varied, always hot and plentiful and they had no rules about taking food out of the restaurant and to the rooms. The reception staff are some of the most helpful and friendly I have come across. The all inclusive package includes bottled water and a good choice of drinks including cocktails. In the booking details it stated drinks available until midnight but we found one bar served drinks until abut 2am at no extra cost.
We found the entertainment in the hotel not to be up to much but we went into Corralejo town a few times in the evening and enjoyed the live music in Rock Island bar, a bar we have been to many times over the years, we would definitely recommend this for great live accoustic music. In a side turning just off the main strip.
The bus service into Corralejo is very cheap and reliable and a taxi back to the hotel at about midnight cost about 7.50 Euro.
We would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the sunny side which will have a sea and pool view.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank SouthCoastRosie
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 11, 2012

This review is based on my stay here last summer (2011) which I am only getting round to writing now! we travelled as a couple.

Check in - was quick and staff were friendly. if you don't specifically book the main hotel you will get placed in the apartment complex, i didn't know this before I booked so I emailed the hotel myself requesting a room in the main hotel and high floor, they quickly replied saying they would make note of my request but couldnt guarantee it as we didn't book a hotel room with thomas cook. anyway, we got a high floor room in the main hotel which I was very happy about and I am assuming it was because of my email because the next morning at the welcome meeting the other guests who checked in with us were complaining to the rep they were in the apartments..the rep told them if they wanted to move it would cost extra and they'd have to contact reception!

Food - the food was OK, always something to eat but I did find it to be pretty much the same thing every night cooked a different way. we did eat out 2 nights of the 7 we were there. Breakfast was quite good. Theres a snack bar by the pool which serves a late breakfast and then things like burgers, chips etc near lunch time.
One day the hotel chefs came out and made seafood paella by the pool which was really good!

Getting sunbeds by the pool wasn't really a problem as there were loads (we stayed in peak season too!) if you want sunbeds right by the pool though you will have to get up a bit earlier, not that much though..some mornings we would go down at 9am and manage to get sunbeds right next to the pool. Pool was very nice too, good size and a jacuzzi near by ..some pool activities and games in the day.

Entertainment at night was not very good if I'm being honest, but this didn't bother me and my partner as we would usually sit in the hotel bar and have a few drinks, but if you like to sit and watch the shows I wouldn't recommend the ones at this hotel!
The disco was open most nights we were there and stayed open quite late..the DJ played good music and it did get quite busy at times! a couple of nights we were there until 2/3am! Oh and the bar staff were very nice..a bit too generous with the alcohol though, which I shouldn't really complain about ! whenever I asked for a vodka and coke they would fill half the glass with vodka!! i had to shout at them a few times for this lol!

2 nights we got a taxi in Corralejo which is about 6-7 euros each way. Its a nice resort lots of restaurants and a very small shopping centre. Both nights we went there we ate at Tony Roma's which we do recommend to everyone,great food, large portions and both nights we were there they gave us our drinks for free, and we had a pint of corona each, which was very nice of them, this meant we only ended up paying about 16 euros each time we went! theres shops like Mango and Zara in corralejo too..then your usual shops that sell souveneirs etc.

Nearly forgot to mention the beach at this hotel, it is lovely, right infront of the hotel but you have a lot of sand to walk across until you get to the sea! my only complaint, which isn't really the hotels fault, is that when you are at the beach you can't just pop back into the hotel for a drink or snack as its not that close!

All in all, I think this hotel is great for families and older couples. I think teenagers and young couples may get bored here as there is literally nothing around the hotel itself. Me and my boyfriend paid £450 each for a week here, and we did think the hotel was lovely and spotless but I wouldn't go back again mainly because of the location, but if the fact the hotel is on its own in the sand dunes doesn't bother you then I do recommend it as the hotel itself is very good and very clean!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rebeccaxx4
Peak District National Park, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Upon arrival I was very disappointed. We'd booked a 2 Bed annex room and received an awful dark and dingy room with mezzanine level and lights falling off wall. Plaster crumbling. I refused to unpack and arranged another room quickly. Overlooking pool with separate bedroom. Reception ataff were very helpful with this All areas stairs, round pool wtc all look a bit tired and we were quite disappointed.
However things picked up next day the staff were all fantastic everything was spotlessly clean. The maids are excellent. The food was superb. We've never done all inclusive before but were very pleasantly surprised. Most things cooked fresh in front of you.never had to queue. This was the annex restaurant I believe the hotel was busier. The new years gala dinner was excellent, the hotel was mainly Germans which was fine with us. Our kids were the only British in kids club but they tried speaking with them. They went to the minidisco in German every night ad can now sing the goodnight song in German which I think is great for them to help with languages.

We then received flowers cava and chocolates from reception to apologise for the room problems. Overall we had a great holiday, the beach is fantastic. If they just modernised the rooms and had a refurb this would be a great hotel.

• Stayed December 2011
6 Thank NAM1511
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 8, 2012

The hotel has the most magnificent situation, on La Oliva beach. It is about a €7 taxi from the centre of Corralejo. The food was of a very good standard and the Christmas Gala was fantastic, the catering staff really went to town to ensure that everybody had an enjoyable meal. There is free wi-fi in the Lobby, although they could do with making it available in other areas because it does tend to get very crowded. The main pool is a little small and the Annex pool was crowded with children when I was there. The entertainment is quite slapstick humour, not really my thing. One night there was a drag show and this disgruntled some of the guests who left, closed minded people. From what I gather the RIU animation team are very good with the young. Coca Cola soft drinks are served and Cruzcampo beer, the other Alcoholic drinks are migraine water, so watch out - Maybe I'm just picky. There is a nightclub open at the weekends, but not in the week to the misfortune of teenage/young guests. The beach is beautiful, the situation of the rooms in the main hotel are fantastic, all with sea views, although its better to be south-facing for the daytime sunlight. The rooms are getting to need renovation, they're starting to look tired, need some modernisation - but are very clean with dark furniture. In your room there is a mini-bar, with nothing in it and there is a shop you can use to fill it with treats.

If you're going to venture in to Corralejo, I fully recommend the Rock Cafe, live music and the best Gin and Tonic in the Canaries. I also visited the Waikiki, that was good and for karaoke there is Flicks.

Try to stay away from the Annex. The Thomson and First Choice reps are excellent and I was astonished at how smooth the whole travelling experience was, from door to door, Thomson delivered us in 8 hours!

Room Tip: Main hotel (Sea View) South Facing, people have suggested higher floors, I was on the first floor an...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Clarkeyboy123
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corralejo
Hotel Riu Palace Tres Islas
Avanti Hotel Boutique Fuerteventura
Barcelo Corralejo Sands
Barcelo Corralejo Sands
#7 of 46 in Corralejo

Been to ClubHotel Riu Oliva Beach Resort? Share your experiences!