“3rd visit in a 12 month period. Just can't get enough of this place!!!”

ClubHotel Riu Oliva Beach Resort
Ranked #17 of 45 Hotels in Corralejo
Reviewed May 21, 2011

We've just returned from our 3rd visit to Riu Oliva within a 12 month period. We just love it here.

More detailed descriptions and photos on my previous reviews but I just want to make sure you all know that the 3rd visit was definately no less enjoyable than the 1st or 2nd.

We have never been disappointed coming to this hotel. The location, staff, cleanliness, entertainment, food, EVERYTHING is fantastic.

I VERY highly recommend this hotel to EVERYONE!!! Go book it now x

3  Thank loula_blue
Write a ReviewReviews (3,888)

Reviewed May 17, 2011

I thought I might be bored as there wasn't much apart from beach and a couple of little shops and bars on the beach

We walked along to Corralejo three times.It takes an hour,but if you go before it gets hot its a nice walk. you can safely walk along the road then on to the beach. It would take longer by beach all the way. Bus is every half hour 1euro 20. Taxi is about 6 eu.
Got a bus back and a taxi twice takes abt 10 min.

You can get the car ferry over to Lanzarote at 10am then come back at 3,5 or 7pm. This cost 19 eu return if booked in advance. We booked it at the harbour on the Mon for the Wed. It can be as much as 34 eu so check it out. It takes about 20 min.

We were in the annex part over looking the pool.. It was clean but as others have said needs a bit done here and there. Plenty room, and the fridge was great for keeping milk in for my morning tea before breakfast ( I took my travel kettle) The water in the restaurant never seemed hot enough.
There was no problem with taking food or drink to your room. Plenty crates/boxes about to put your empty glasses etc in.

Theres plenty of food to choose from. There didn't seem to be so much of a choice of veg as I would have liked but plenty of fish...if you like it.I tried the roast pork one day but it was luke warm so gave it a miss.I'm very fussy when it come to meat so stuck to pasta, pitza and salads.

Entertainment was ok, African Footprint were great.Seating is a bit like being at the cinema but it works well,theres also a big screen.

Lots of sunbeds but like most places you get the ' towel people' who think they own their favourite spot.
We went down to the beach most afternoons for an hour or so and even had a swim.
3 eu per bed and 3 per 'brolly' was a bit steep. If you intend to go everyday it might be worth buying a parasol and beach roll,at one of the shops.At least that way you can go where you like.
Plenty water sports going on around if you like that sort of thing. Or do what I did and just watched :))

People come from all around for the beach but theres plenty of it to give you your own space. And if you fancy going in your birthday suit...you can,as quite a few do further along the beach.
A few frendly cats at the hotel who have their own patch and dont go near tables etc.
The birds are another story lol

We arrived at 10pm and a buffet was ready for the late arrivals.
I could not fault the hotel or our room.

6  Thank MaidMurron
Reviewed May 10, 2011

just returned from 1 week stay at Oliva beach. we loved it, especially the beach, most beautiful beach ever. Just around the corner from tres islas [ hotel next door] is another beach which is secluded and so peaceful, beautiful and romantic. could not fault location. it is a good distance from corrolejo, but bus runs regularly and taxi costs around 6 euro. we walked into town 3 times just following the beach, its a long walk but if you like walking its very enjoyable. felt like 4 miles.
hotel was very good. I read so many mixed reviews and wasnt sure about booking, so glad i did. Good choice of food, something to suit everyone, very good for an all inclusive hotel. Staff were very pleasant and helpful and no queues at bar, which as rare in some all inclusive hotels. always plenty of staff working.
it is in a very secluded part,so maybe not for young party goers, but if you love a beautiful beach , this might be for you. definately was great for me and so much want to return.

7  Thank catAyr
Reviewed May 8, 2011

I really enjoyed my 2 week stay overall as the service was fantastic and food mostly very good. The downsides mainly that all sunbeds are reserved from Dawn I suspect , I highlighted this to the hotel and Thompson rep and wondered why I bothered as the suggestion was I walk around the pool removing towels on empty beds ( like that's my job to enforce their policy) . Naturally I refused and suggested they employ a pool attendant to enforce their policy!! Overall this hotel is tired and needs attention,

• Stayed: April 2011
5  Thank JASM1NE
Reviewed May 4, 2011

do not bother with this hotel it was a bad experience waste of money the booze was watered down could not get a decent drink ,dont mention the food that was even worse , plenty choice for breakfast if german you had the same every day definately not a 4* more like a 2* . The place is really tired.a good refurbish would not go a miss.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank harleymanchester
Reviewed May 1, 2011

Myself (mid 20s), Mum and Nan stayed here for a week at the end of April. The purpose of the trip was just to relax without the hassle of a long flight and jet lag. This hotel allowed us to do just that.

We stayed in the apartment complex behind the hotel. After booking and several weeks before our trip we emailed the hotel to request the possibility to move into the main hotel as my Nan can't walk well. They responded quickly and efficently to say that the main hotel was more expensive, and in fact only slept two adults. They did say that they would put us in the nearest rooms to the hotel. To which they did!

After a two hour delay at Cardiff airport we arrived to the hotel later than planned missing by 10minutes the cooked dinner. Check in was quick and efficient, they gave us two keys for our room and told us the staff would deliver our luggage. They showed us to the bar area and then said in 20minutes they would put a cold dinner on. We were all very impressed.

The rooms, though basic were clean and comfortable. We had a large sitting area outside which was perfect in the late afternoon early evening. The room was always kept spotless and was potentially the best sized room that I have stayed in considering we were three adults. As we were so close to the hotel we worried that it might be very loud, however we didn't hear anything not even the cleaners in the morning!

There are two resturants that you can get breakfast / lunch / dinner. One is in the apartment complex the other in the hotel. A lot of families appear to stay in the apartment complex therefore this resturant is very busy with children the other in the main building is quite. It was refreshing not to have to wait for tables in both resturants. The food was good and plenty of variety. It is tempting to load your plates with all the available options and this is where I think people then get bored with the choices available at the end of the holiday. At the end of the day there is only so much a chief can do with Chicken and Pork. So my recommendation is do as you would at home or in a resturant and have one meat, veg and potatoes! There is also a snack bar at lunch near the main pool at the hotel, this offers pizzas, burgers and toasted sandwiches - perfect!

As others have mentioned beds are reserved very early in the morning around the pool and the back of the pool which is sandy. If you need to have shade you need to be down there way before 8am to get the umbrellas - which is a shame.

The beach is amazing and is what sold the holiday to us. We have travelled many places and don't thnk we have seen a beach like this! The shame is having to pay for the sunbeds and umbrella - 3 euros each. However I think this is well worth the money.

Another plus is that there is free wifi near the reception area!

So the downsides, if you stay in the apartments you don't get a beach towel like the hotel guests - though you sit in the same resturants witness the same entertainment you have to make do with your own. Also the entertainment is awful. Though the entertainment staff work hard it is not up to scratch....they do have acts that come in which are OK. But if the entertainment is an essential part of your holiday I suggest you look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Remember towels, try the pina colada!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank Samiantha
Reviewed April 30, 2011

We stayed for a week in the Easter holidays, two adults and two teenage boys.
I had seen the hotel on a previous visit to Fuerteventura and booked it for the location.
We were greeted very efficiently at reception and directed straight to the cafe for lunch while they processed the large numbers of new arrivals. This process was superbly efficient. We were then given a map and made our way to the room. Within five minutes we had a phone call from reception to check everything was in order and our bags were delivered.
Our room was a duplex in the annex on the 2nd floor. A sitting room with large sofa beds (large enough and comfortable for my 6’2” son), a bedroom and bathroom upstairs and two balconies. Yes , a little worn around the edges but spacious. There were spectacular views on all sides. From the front the pool and the sea and from the back the white sand dunes.
My only criticism of the room was the lack of storage. One wardrobe. No cupboards and no drawers. So we couldn’t really unpack and had to live out of suitcases.
The annex pool was far nicer than the main one if a little chilly. Only to be expected in April.
The food was superb. There were always about 7 or 8 choices. A roast, a casserole, 2 different fish dishes, 2 fresh grills, a rice dish, 2 vegetarian choices and an array of pastas with sauces or toppings. Not to mention the cold meats, fish and salad. We all put on weight.
The evening entertainment was rather odd. An amateur show by the entertainment staff which I think was aimed at the under 10s but may still have missed it’s mark. We only went once.
There was live entertainment in another bar but very low key.
During the day there were activities for teenagers. Not very well publicised as we didn’t find out about them until day 3, after which they went along every day. There were morning and afternoon sessions and they did volley ball, water polo, football etc. There was a mix of nationalities but my children were the only English.
The guests were predominantly French and German with a small number of Belgian and British.
I loved this hotel. The service was excellent without being stuffy and every member of staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family