“Fabulous hotel!”

Ranked #11 of 45 Hotels in Corralejo
Sale, Cheshire
“Fabulous hotel!”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We just got home after a week's R&R in Fuertaventura. It was our first visit to the island and we were impressed - by both the dramatic desert type scenery of the dunes outside Corralejo and by the hotel itself.
The Tres Islas is a VERY well managed hotel. Everywhere was spotless, the room was spacious and comfortable, with a sea view. The food was first class and, although it is buffet style, the hot meals are cooked live rather than having been 'standing' for any time. The dining room runs like clockwork.
The staff are all multi-lingual and so very pleasant & helpful. It was my birthday during our stay and I was presented with chocolates, wine and even a candle & rose petals on our table at dinner - all completely unprompted by my husband!
As for the island itself, we would go back. The beaches are gorgeous and the sea is turquoise, like the Caribbean. As for the wind, it was more of a constant breeze, which we found pleasant because it alleviated the effects of the heat and meant that I didn't feel like a sweaty mess all the time!

7 Thank RuthSale_Cheshire

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (488)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Stayed here in a suite with two friends in May this year and we had a superb holiday. Would not fault the hotel in anyway. Spotlessly clean, excellent choice of food. Super staff so helpful. Have just read someones previous comments about the WIND ! personally I found it very soothing as the heat would have been to much for me. Still I cant see how the Hotel can be held responsible for the wind.! Definately be going back.

Room Tip: Corner suites are spacious with excellent views.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
6 Thank bezzybabe
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Stayed here in February this year lovely location great beach the hotel itself is really nice and the food is excellent.
The reception staff were not as friendly as we would have liked and the bed was very hard. By the end of the week I was looking forward to m y own bed.
Its a short trip in Corralejo lovely bars and harbour.
I would stray here again but would ask for a matrass topper. The room was good,clean and a nice bathroom. The sea view was fabulous.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank June P
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 8, 2014

3rd time visited in the last ten years. When we need a chill out break this hotel ticks all the boxes. Immaculately clean, friendly and accommodating staff. Went via Thomson this time and the whole package went really well. The only fly in the sun cream; the wifi access was really poor, tiny area on the ground floor with hit and miss access to the internet. When will holiday hotels realise wifi is as much about leisure and keeping in contact as business. This didn't spoil our break in the sun. the hotel is beautifully situated on the a fabulous beach, the food was excellent with the Krystal restaurant a lovely alternative to the main eating experience

Room Tip: Always stipulate a sea view, stunning
4 Thank Roy W
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 6, 2014

We visited the hotel from 28 May to 4 June 2014. For my wife and I the hotel was perfect.
The rooms are clean and if you are lucky enough to get a sea view looking towards Lanzarote along the sandy beach, the outlook is spectacular. Walks along the sandy beaches in both directions are rewarding, particularly to Corralego.
Food is exceptional. The specialist restaurant, available at no extra cost is worth a try.
The pool is a little chilly but just right to cool off after sun bathing. Facilities are tennis courts and a wellness centre which are high quality. However this is all there is and if you want music and games all day, this is not the hotel for you.
Evening entertainment is sedate, with a group for dancing and an occasional visiting act.
For couples wanting relaxation, it is perfect. However, it is not forfmilies.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Adrian1951
Loughborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2014

My wife and I visited this Hotel 14-28 May 2014. We booked through our local Thomson shop as a change from the internet. We paid for a seaview room and on our behalf, Thomson requested: high floor, quiet, with a double bed. I emailed the Hotel Reception separately 3 weeks before our holiday requesting a suite upgrade quoting our RIU Diamond Card. When we arrived we had indeed been upgraded to a suite, sadly on the 2nd floor (out of 6 floors), directly above the entertainment and single beds. My wife went straight down to Reception to explain that the room was not satisfactory. Fortunately the next day we moved to a standard room on the 6th floor that was indeed quiet, shame still 2 single beds, waste of the Diamond Card upgrade.

Positives: Good food, friendly chefs and waiters. Room cleanliness was superb and the maids, as in most Hotels excellent. Pool/sunbed guys once again outstanding, always willing to help with mattresses/towels etc. Nothing to do with the Hotel but the beach is wonderful.

Negatives: I agree with the ealier reviewer about the jacuzzi, my wife refused to go in after seing babies in nappies with no rubber outer being taken in by parents. My wife did complain, as did several people we spoke to. Result? Yes, more babies!

Never really had anything to do with Reception apart from arrival and the room move, that is until nearing the end of our holiday. There seems to be a trend here as we had problems with late check out. Again using my RIU Card I requested a late check out, until approx 3.00pm, was told the Hotel is full we cannot provide. I questioned how the Hotel had so miraculously become full, as during our stay it seemed half empty, he agreed it was "nearly full", but no late check out available. I ended up pulling my RIU Card out and throwing it on the floor telling him it was a total waste of time and walked off, yes to be honest in a huff. Went up to our room, within I guess 5 mins my wife came up to say the Reception guy had been to see her and we had been given a late check out room. Why oh why did he make us go through those hoops instead of just saying yes we can give you one just give me a minute to sort it. A good friend of mine who is a Hotel Receptionist told me that the most important time for a Hotel to get a good/positive report is your last day and if that is wrong it can sour all that has gone previously, how true.

To sum up, we enjoyed our time at the Hotel, didn't use the entertainment as during our 1st night we heard it all from our bed and were not impressed! I am afraid I have to agree with many many other reviewers that Reception staff are not the best, unless you hand over your passport with money sticking out of it: yes saw it on 2 occasions. I class that as different to tipping, sorry but yes they were both Germans, bless. Having re-read my review I must point out that at no time did we have any personality clashes or issues with the Recpeption staff, it was simply that when we wanted something it all became too difficult.

Room Tip: Top floor (6th but lift only to 5th so steps), sea view, not suite as they are rubbish with a small...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Blue072
Taplow, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Excellent staff, very clean but sadly in need of an update. Pools freezing. Lift only goes to 5th floor we were on 6th. All beds on casters!!!! Room small. Evening entertainment dreadful. Not a place for families or people who want to enjoy evening nightlife. A taxi ride from town which is not worth visiting. Fabulous beaches but very windy.

Room Tip: We paid extra for a sea view with balcony but the room was small and a standard double bed which was...
5 Thank 100SarahL100
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corralejo
Gran Hotel Atlantis Bahia Real
Barcelo Corralejo Sands
Barcelo Corralejo Sands
#7 of 45 in Corralejo
Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa

Been to Hotel Riu Palace Tres Islas? Share your experiences!