We booked this holiday as a late deal with Thompsons. Although we hadn't visited Fuerteventura before we weren't disappointed.
Flights were on time, the only thing was at the airport it wasn't clear where we should go to get the coach for the Hotel. The lady at the desk wasn't very helpful she just indicated that we go outside to row A. It was quite late and very dark outside, not easy to see where the row was. We just followed other people and found it that way. More explicit directions/rep are needed to help people.
The hotel was fantastic. Greeted by very friendly professional staff and champagne. We didn't have to wait long before we were allocated our room, luggage followed almost immediately.
The room was very clean, fresh, and cosy. Very well furnished, pictures on the walls, TV etc, everything one would need.
Breakfast was plentiful in choices of cereals, hot and cold buffet, and again champagne for those who would like a glass.
Towels were allocated and sunbeds round the pools were plentiful. The staff from the snack bar were very efficient and friendly, nothing too much trouble.
The restaurant was first class. The staff greeted you as you entered, which was a nice touch. Again plenty of choice and seeing the food cooked before you was very reassuring. So much choice, too much choice! We would have liked coffee to be included with the evening meal though.
Entertainment was good. However the resident band was a bit boring as the girl kept singing the same songs every night and it wasn't music younger people would have danced too, ie Take That, etc would have made a change.
Reception staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble, we were even given a courtesy bottle of Cava because we didn't like the bottle of sherry which was put in the room when we arrived.
I would have liked the hotel to have been a little nearer the village, but having said that the bus ran hourly and taxis were plentiful. We visited the market and bought a few leather goods for a good price.
We would certainly visit this hotel again, in fact its a definite! We would recommend it to anyone wanting a quiet relaxing holiday. We went in October so the children were at school and it was nice and quiet. I would think this hotel was geared up for adults more than children.
As regards room location. We had a room which was at the front of the hotel. We heard the delivery lorries early each morning so the rooms overlooking the pools would be quieter.
Thank you to everyone at Rui Palace Tres Islas for making it a truly wonderful holiday and can't wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located 5 km from Corralejo * Renovated in summer 2007 * 5-storey building * Situated on Grandes Playas sand dune beach * 5 km from various shops * 35 km from the airport * 300 m from a bus stop ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Tres Islas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Tres Islas Hotel Corralejo
- Riu Palace Tres Islas Corralejo
- Hotel Riu Palace Tres Islas Fuerteventura/Corralejo