Rather than write an essay I would rather list the plus and minus points as we found them.
We stayed for the first 2 weeks in September.
1. Efficient and welcoming check in.
2. We upgraded to a junior suite at 80 euros per day supplement. This gave us far more wardrobe space, large bathroom, lounge area and pleasant glass fronted balcony.
3. The cleaning of the rooms couldn't be faulted. Sheets changed daily, towels twice daily.
4. We went for the 20.30 dinner sitting and were able to secure a table, for our stay, close to the buffet, but not hemmed in as some tables were.
5. Restaurant staff were very helpful and the table was cleared promptly.
6. The food was, on the whole, prepared to a high standard with a good selection of local and international styles. The vegetarian options were well thought out.
7. The breakfast choices were varied with fried eggs, omelettes and french toast being cooked to order.
8. The wine list was comprehensive and reasonably priced.
9. The bar was waiter service which was quite efficient (we only went before dinner, when quite quiet)
10. The prices of drinks were what you would expect to pay in a 4* hotel.
11. The pool bar service was good and the pool bar menu was varied and the food freshly cooked to a very high standard.
12. The pools were clean, and not too busy.
13. The pool loungers were not crammed too closely together and free pool towels were provided daily.
14. The adjacent beaches were amazing, almost as good as Porto Santo. Long walks could be made in either direction. The sea was sometimes choppy, but lifeguards were on the lookout the whole time.
15. Limited loungers and umbrellas were site on the beach for a daily hire of 3 euros each item.
16. There is free wi fi in the reception area, which extends to parts of the pool area for those that want it.
1. The lifts are quite small resulting in queues at busy times.
2. The restaurant rule requiring men to wear long trousers needs to be rethought. Of course no one wants to see vests and swimming trunks / football shorts at dinner, but whatever you say, this is a self service buffet and more akin to a canteen than a restaurant. Tailored shorts should be acceptable as this is a holiday destination in a hot climate and not an old peoples home. Some old duffers were even parading around in suits - if this is what you want, go on a cruise.
3. The menu during our 2nd week was the same as the 1st week for 5 of the days, only being varied for 2 days, which was a bit of a disappointment.
4. The menu in the "a la carte" restaurant didn't change for the 2 weeks that we were there.
5. If only the entertainment in the "Piano Bar" could've been a pianist playing a piano as ambient background music. Unfortunately the hotel management have identified the 70 - 80 year old age group as their target audience which resulted in a husband and wife combo playing insipid 60/70's middle of the road classics every night with a bit of oom pah pah and Strauss thrown in for our German cousins.
6. Oh, I forgot, they had an Elvis impersonator one night - enough said!
7. The pool lounger reserving thing was a sight to behold. As I'm used to getting up at 5.45am to go to work, and as our balcony looked directly over the pool, I was able to observe these ghostly wraiths creeping around the pool area, in their white dressing gowns, at 6.00am, bagging all the "best" loungers. The strange thing is that most of the toweled loungers remained empty all day.
8. Hugely fat men in speedos!
9. Even fatter women in bikinis!
10. For the record, points 8 & 9, above, are not the fault of the hotel.
All in all we had a good, relaxing stay in a very pleasant hotel, which is exactly what we wanted.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located 5 km from Corralejo * Renovated in summer 2007 * 5-storey building * Situated on Grandes Playas sand dune beach * 5 km from various shops * 35 km from the airport * 300 m from a bus stop ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Tres Islas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Tres Islas Hotel Corralejo
- Riu Palace Tres Islas Corralejo
- Hotel Riu Palace Tres Islas Fuerteventura/Corralejo