“Good group, great fun, good track.”
Review of Mirador de Lobos Golf Resort - CLOSED

Mirador de Lobos Golf Resort
More attraction details
Owner description: Mirador de Lobos Golf Course, 9 hole par 3 golf course in Corralejo. Situated in the basin of the Mirador de Lobos Golf Development on the Parque Natural. Good for beginners or experienced golfers.
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Normally play 18 hole courses when abroad with mates, but as I was with the mrs and as I didn't have my clubs with me I had no intention of playing on this holiday. Got talking about this little gem of a course in a bar at night, and decided to give it a go.
Phoned the next morning to enquire about playing, and after telling the lady on the phone that I would be playing alone and off a handicap of 1 I was asked if I'd like to join the society for a game. I accepted and headed up.
The guys were all spot on, and the course was good. Lovely variation of holes with cliff faces and water features, and the greens were surprisingly receptive and excellent to putt on. I'd of preferred my own clubs, but the hire ones were fine for the length of hole you play. If you do take your own you will only need pw, sand/lob and a putter. (Bring a few balls though)
If you get the chance to play with the society I'd recommend accepting the invitation. All good guys happy to give tips about the area and varying levels of golf. It's not an expensive day and definitely makes it more of a laugh!
All in all, if I'm back in the area I'll head back to this lovely little course to practice my short game and enjoy a few laughs and a beer in the sun afterwards.

Daz,

Cumbria.

1  Thank Dazwhit

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I played 9 holes on the course this morning and I was impressed with this small but very deceptive course. As you approach the first tee you can see the whole of the course and you may form the very mistaken view that it is pitch and putt. Once you play the third you realise how wrong that view could be; as for the sixth I'll not give anything away. This is a little gem of a course tucked away on the edge of Corralejo. William and his team are very welcoming and really look after the course. I will readily recommend it to anyone who wants to play a technically challenging half (or full) round of golf or to just have a fun experience with the game. If this is pitch and putt then Disney is just a theme park.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I saw an advert for this place in the local free magazine and thought I'd give it a go. It's not very easy to find and is tucked away in a complex of villas. The staff at the course are very friendly and you can hire clubs for 5 euros (you get a pitching and sand wedge and a putter). You also get three balls thrown in but I'd recommend either buying a couple more of their lake balls or, better still, chuck in a handful of balls into your suitcase. There are a few holes over water and you don't want to be doing the walk of shame back to the clubhouse to reload. The course is open from 9am each day with last tee off at 4pm for nine holes during the week or 1pm on the weekend. It's 13 euros for nine or 20 euros for 18 holes. The longest hole is around 110 yards but most are 80-90 yards and so this is all about accuracy and a good test of your wedge play and chipping. The greens are receptive to good shots but they are very slow and bumpy to putt on so don't expect Augusta quality surfaces here. That said, it's a very enjoyable little course and it only takes 45 minutes to play 9 holes so it means you can play a couple of rounds without being gone all day. One important thing to note, the course may be short but there are some steep hills to negotiate between greens and tees so this isn't suitable for those who find this kind of terrain difficult.

1  Thank StuLane65
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Short but difficult you may need all the balls they give you
but worth a visit if you take your own clubs you may find it easier the 85yards over boulders is difficult to calculate
and you will need to thump the balls as it like putting on Velcro
but good fun

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Lovely course - 9 hole Par 3 but quite challenging. Beautifully laid out and will visit again when back in Corralejo.

Well managed, polite and courteous staff. Local societies play on a Thursday and some great local players (very knowledgable also).