“Wonderful ice cream!”

Ranked #1 of 22 Dessert in Corralejo
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 28, 2013

All the reviews are true! This little gem off the Main Street really is worth searching out.
It's great to see homemade produce on sale at reasonable prices.
Staff are friendly . Well worth a visit.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

The ice-cream is delicious. You won't be disappointed! Go and try it for yourself. Service was lovely, not far from the music square hidden down a side street.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We went most nights after our evening meal, forgoing a pudding at the restaurant to have an ice cream instead.
If you are in Corralejo and like ice cream this is a must to visit.
I cannot praise it highly enough, friendly service, masses of flavours to choose from and not expensive.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

All of the excellent reviews on this “Italian Gelateria” are, in my modest opinion, spot on! The gelato is to die for, and with several flavours to choose from, you are guaranteed not to leave the place disappointed.

I went for a medium cone with “Meringued Goat Milk” & Dulce de Leche gelato, and both were outstanding: with a creamy texture and a superb flavour which spells out all of the fresh ingredients which are used to made the magic happen in-house.

I also had the pleasure to have a nice conversation with the owner (the husband), who was extremely personable and even let us try some of the other flavours, while he told us about the business and his wife’s creativity with all the different flavours they offer.

I’m not a huge “fruit flavours” fan, but the “Frutti di Bosco” cheesecake flavour was out of this world! It tasted like a REAL “New York style” cheesecake, which is the REAL deal in the States. I also tried the “Pistacchio”, and was pleasantly surprised at how “fresh” it tasted, despite having the “fake” green colour which both myself and the owner of the gelateria thoroughly dislike (it’s done for marketing reasons, as customers expect “pistacchio” to be green).

I will be definitely saving some room for “gelato” tonight after our dinner, so that we can go back to “El Gusto” and have a little “scoop” of heaven before we head back home.

As an Italian, born and raised with “gelato”, I thoroughly recommend this place, give it a try, you won’t be disappointed (after all, it must be way up there on TripAdvisor for a reason, right?)

Well done!

P.S. We went back for more on our last night in Fuerteventura (I hate it when you only discover amazing places at the end of your holidays!), and yes, it was THAT good! This time I had the “Crema Catalana”, a re-run of the “Dulce de Leche”, and afterwards, a single scoop of the “Frutti di Bosco” cheesecake).

1  Thank NiKkOsAn
Reviewed May 13, 2013

The ice cream he is delicious! I went in my with my dad, sister and 2 year old nephew, the staff are lovely and offered suggestions on mixing your ice cream flavours, in the end I had forest fruits shortcake and raspberry but not before I tried the delicious after eight ice cream. The woman behind the counter even gave my nephew a free small vanilla ice cream cone! After we had ordered! (Look for the sign for mccarthys on the Main Street and turn up the side street, on the opposite side of the street from mccarthys. )