“Italian Gelato, the way it’s supposed to be! (Look NO further)”

Heladeria Artesanal Italiana ...El Gusto
Ranked #1 of 21 Dessert in Corralejo
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Maspalomas, Spain
“Italian Gelato, the way it’s supposed to be! (Look NO further)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

All of the excellent reviews on this “Italian Gelateria” are, in my modest opinion, spot on! The gelato is to die for, and with several flavours to choose from, you are guaranteed not to leave the place disappointed.

I went for a medium cone with “Meringued Goat Milk” & Dulce de Leche gelato, and both were outstanding: with a creamy texture and a superb flavour which spells out all of the fresh ingredients which are used to made the magic happen in-house.

I also had the pleasure to have a nice conversation with the owner (the husband), who was extremely personable and even let us try some of the other flavours, while he told us about the business and his wife’s creativity with all the different flavours they offer.

I’m not a huge “fruit flavours” fan, but the “Frutti di Bosco” cheesecake flavour was out of this world! It tasted like a REAL “New York style” cheesecake, which is the REAL deal in the States. I also tried the “Pistacchio”, and was pleasantly surprised at how “fresh” it tasted, despite having the “fake” green colour which both myself and the owner of the gelateria thoroughly dislike (it’s done for marketing reasons, as customers expect “pistacchio” to be green).

I will be definitely saving some room for “gelato” tonight after our dinner, so that we can go back to “El Gusto” and have a little “scoop” of heaven before we head back home.

As an Italian, born and raised with “gelato”, I thoroughly recommend this place, give it a try, you won’t be disappointed (after all, it must be way up there on TripAdvisor for a reason, right?)

Well done!

P.S. We went back for more on our last night in Fuerteventura (I hate it when you only discover amazing places at the end of your holidays!), and yes, it was THAT good! This time I had the “Crema Catalana”, a re-run of the “Dulce de Leche”, and afterwards, a single scoop of the “Frutti di Bosco” cheesecake).

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank NiKkOsAn

• Czech first
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Best ice cream in corralejo!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

The ice cream he is delicious! I went in my with my dad, sister and 2 year old nephew, the staff are lovely and offered suggestions on mixing your ice cream flavours, in the end I had forest fruits shortcake and raspberry but not before I tried the delicious after eight ice cream. The woman behind the counter even gave my nephew a free small vanilla ice cream cone! After we had ordered! (Look for the sign for mccarthys on the Main Street and turn up the side street, on the opposite side of the street from mccarthys. )

• Visited May 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
“definitely the best ice cream”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We tried a few tasteless ice creams around Corralejo (Run away for the Carte D'or logos), before finding this amazing little ice cream shop. We went every night after that! There are new flavours everyday and they all taste incredible !
You wont be disappointed by El Gusto!

Visited May 2013
“Best ice cream on the island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic ice cream, well worth finding'try the vanilla you won't be disappointed'also had the Oreo cookies milkshake 'best I've tasted

• Visited April 2013
Corralejo, Spain
“Well worth the search”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

This ice-cream parlour is slightly off the main high street but well worth the search. I was recommended it by a Spanish acquaintance here - despite it being Italian ice-cream! - and he got it correct.
Together with my son and an surfing friend of his we found it out late one night and started off with a confusion of choice - what to select? I went for Cassata, my son for lemon and his friend for vanilla. Naturally we sampled each others' choices and all three were superb. We took the pots down to the harbour and sat on a bench watching the shore, trying to identify the stars and also delighting in the flavours.
For such wonderful ice-cream the price is very reasonable - the only thing that prevents me visiting on a day-to-day basis is my non-cooperative waistline!
If you're on holiday, search it out and enjoy!

• Visited April 2013