“Excellent Italian traditional food with friendly service”

Trattoria Nonna Pasqualina
Ranked #38 of 384 Restaurants in Corralejo
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Has a very pleasant experience with my partner while dealing at nonna Pasqualina in Corralejo. As an Italian I am quite critical on Italian food served abroad, but could not fault the food here.
Speciality is home made pasta, just like my grandma in Napoli would prepare so the decision was for me tagliatelle allo scoglio, and my partner had maccheroni al cartoccio (both with very tasty seafood). Both really nice and fresh, with very generous portions. Desert choice was a belgian chocolate mousse which was divine, so don't miss it if it's on the menu!
Had a lovely chat with the owner, a very friendly Italian lady, about their traditional food and famous 'paella' which even if obviously not traditionally Italian, she reccomended to try. So we surely will during our next trip to Corralejo!
One last thing, I read in one of the previous reviews which made me smile: someone was complaining of not getting a side with lasagne. It's quite funny as in Italy lasagne it's a main meal, so should definitely not be served with a side (whoever does this, is not serving genuine Italian food).
On another note we found the prices affordable and the service excellent. Don't miss this place!

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Was recommended to visit here and was not dissapointed! I come from an Italian family who take lots of pride in the food they cook, the restaurant itself is a bit small but the atmosphere is one of a true authentic Italian, it felt like i was sitting in my own Nonna's house having a meal, i ordered Lasagne and my friend ordered Spaghetti Bolognese,we also shared garlic bread and you could taste the freshness of the bread and the lovely olive oil, all lovely with so many flavours, all the pasta is homemade which makes it that little bit more special, service was friendly, prices fair and would return for a meal any time, well worth a visit a truly hidden gem!!!!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

As soon as I found out I would be returning to Corralejo within 6 months of my last visit I started looking forward to a meal here. Really good Italian food. It is definitely worth coming here for a meal during your stay. The pizzas are delicious, and so were the delicious starters, and the complimentary Bruschetta we were given. The staff were friendly and welcoming, service was efficient and prices very reasonable. I hope to return again someday.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I have tried both the pizza and lasagna here and both were very good. There is a very good selection of starters too - I liked the meatballs. It's nice that despite being authentically Italian you can still order some Anglo-American favorites like Hawaiian pizza, unlike in some (pretentious) Italian restaurants. The service was friendly, professional and well paced, and the drinks were reasonably priced. I will definitely return next time I am in Corralejo!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Fantastic food and fantastic service. I have dined here on six or seven occasions and I will return on my next visit to Coralejo. A proper Italian restaurant serving the best pizzas and pasta dishes I have ever tasted