“Booked a second holiday to Fuerteventura because of the Rock Island Bar”
Review of Rock Island Bar

Rock Island Bar
Ranked #4 of 41 Nightlife in Corralejo
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Rock Island Bar, Corralejo's longest running live music venue. At 'RiB' the music is always of the 'unplugged' style. Yes folks, no backing tracks!If you're looking for a chilled out vibe with top class acoustic live lounge sessions, look no further. Rock Island Bar welcomes all nationalities to share in its cozy vibe and enjoy our beers, excellent wines, ciders, soft drinks, long drinks and superb extra cold Guinness.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed May 29, 2011

There's not many places these days where you are welcomed as warmly as you are at the Rock Island Bar. Tucked just off the main shopping strip, it's a lovely bar with reasonably priced drinks and fantastic live music every night - what's not to like!!! The owners and staff are lovely and the musicians that they attract are incredibly talented. We found the bar on the second night of our first visit to Corralejo in 2010 and spent pretty much every night of our 2 week visit in the bar, relaxing and listening to the great music. We did try a couple of other music venues but they just didn't cut the mustard in comparison. We enjoyed this holiday so much that we booked another 2 weeks in the resort in January 2011 (something we very rarely do and never in consecutive years) and spent EVERY night in the Rock Island Bar and there is no doubt that we will be back again. Only problem about posting this review is the likelihood that we won't get a seat next time we visit!

All reviews
in 84 reviews
"rib"
in 28 reviews

Reviewed May 29, 2011

A brilliant venue for live music . The bar has an informal atmosphere, very high quality sound system and very talented singers and musicians. It's a must do.

Reviewed May 27, 2011

I saw a sign in Corralejo last week. "Isla Tranquila". The Rock Island Bar is quite probably the reason why, whoever came up with the tag, named the island so aptly. I spend a great deal of time going to music venues around the UK, for pleasure or on business and I've yet to find anywhere with such a cool, laid back vibe as the Rock Island Bar. The staff and artists are a really nice bunch of people, welcoming, funny and sincere. The atmosphere created there by them, along with the decor, nick naks and mellow audience is such a relaxing experience, Reminds me of so many friends' homes, places where chilling is the order of the day. The low lighting is perfect to kick back, sup your favourite tipple and listen to quality tunes played with a passion you rarely see here at home. I go there every night I'm in Fuerteventura....be damn rude not too! There are nightly webcasts too which always makes me miss the place so much. It has well and truely got under my skin, in my soul and has helped heighten my taste and yearning for quality acoustic music. God forbid but if ever there came a time were it to close, the island would this regular visitor, it means that much to me. Mandy, Gary, Nikky, John, James....and every one else who has contributed to making the RIB such a success, thank you. :)

Reviewed May 27, 2011

Been going here for as many years as i'd like to remember, the acts have changed over the years but the standard of music hasn't. James Gillespie has taken over the throne from my previous favourite Eric (unpronounceable surname, now owner of imagine piano bar)
Thanks to Gary and all the Staff for another excellent time in November. Hopefully back soon!