“Great 3 day Surf Introduction” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aloha Surf Academy

Aloha Surf Academy
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a surf Academy for beginners, intermediate & advanced surfers!- you get a Premium Surf course - Alex the teacher teaches in English, French, German, Dutch, Spanish & Italian !- Alex teaches to small groups (max. 6 students) for a personalized, fun and performing course! Our surf academy is appropriate for clients who wish to learn to surf or to keep on learning in a serious and exclusive way. Our office is located at our private address. For surf classes/ surfari, we pick you up directly at your accommodation or at the surf camp. Shall you wish to meet us, please make an appointment so that we can meet.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Dusseldorf, Germany
“Great 3 day Surf Introduction”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

It was a pleasure to learn with Alex & Sophie from Aloha Surf Academy. Just come back Corralejo! Long hours of surfing and teaching. real value for money! And it was nice to have a meal with the other surf group members … its good to have those small operators, who really care and not try to bling bling with big names! Next time again! Thanks Alex & Sophie!

Visited November 2012

ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great Surf with Aloha!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Just got back from Corralejo and had a great time, learning to surf with Alex and Sophie, at Aloha Surf Acedemy.
Alex is a great trainer with a perfect balance between having a good time but also giving great info on assessing your surf spots, safety, warm ups and downs etc... Some of the days we went out, the surf wasn't really at its best but I liked that Alex would rather try a few spots rather than just throw you out in the first one we came too.
Sophie seems to be the brains of the operation ;) Handling the bookings and that and she was really great too...got back very quick with any e-mails or texts that I sent her.
We had a great meal one of the nights(which I was very late for!) but it was a great chance for me (travelling solo) to meet more people who I hung out with for the rest of my holiday.
Finally I also think its important for people to support these small operators who really care about what they are doing. We saw a number of large (heavily sponsored) operators surfing at really crappy spots and also with group sizes that are illegal (over 8 per trainer).
Will definitely be returning but hopefully get more practice in on the wesht coast of Ireland first!!
Thanks again Alex & Sophie

Visited November 2012
Budapest, Hungary
“more than a surfschool...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have been spending my summer holidays with surfing for the last 4 years, but it always felt like struggling.
Even though I became better with each hour I was in the water, I still wouldn't say I was surfing.
I was thinking of giving up this hopeless activity when one of my friends suggested to try Aloha Surf Academy, so I decided to give a last try and I planned a month of surfing holiday with ASA.

My friend mentioned that this surf school is not an ordinary surf school, yet the first day was a real shock.
The basics and the theory of surfing that Alex is teaching is totally different from what I have ever learned, read or discussed.
But I though I would follow the instructions and see what comes out of it.
So I started learning from the basics: flying fish, hop-up, standing on the board, weighting the legs and many other basic things. All in a different way as learnt before, but explained very well by Alex.
And after 2 weeks whitewater, reef, small beach breaks, hop-ups and theory, IT HAPPENED, I had amazing runs!
I surfed the wave! Not just sliding on it!
Thanks to this method and thanks to Alex who is always smiling and never tired of explaining and teaching and correcting us!
Even if you can ride green waves but you go with the group to practice in foam, Alex can show you surfing technics, you can learn there and use it later on.

I always tried so hard to catch and surf the wave, but Alex showed the way to flow with the waves.

I went there for surfing but this holiday became an amazing trip with new friends. Actually after a month I felt I have a second life there.
If you have an open personality, then it’s not just about surfing it’s about an other view upon ‘life' with Aloha Surf Academy.

Visited October 2012
Kassel
“Fast learning and wonderful surfing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

It was my secind time with ALOHA and I brought two friends. The atmosphere was excellent and the teaching so good, that my friends were able to rent boards only after a 5 day course. The package with theory, warm up, stretching and the feedback in the water together with visiting a shapers place and the environmental education was perfect. Thanks heaps guys!
I can warmly reccomend it as the best Surfschool on Fuerte so far! I never learned quicker! (Have tried 3 different ones)

Visited October 2012
Schruns, Austria
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Surfschool in Fuerteventura”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

We can warmly recommend Aloha Surf Academy to everybody. Alex knows a lot about surfing and is continuously working on his teaching/training skills. You already notice that when he does the warm-up and the stretching at the end and of course in the water.
As we all are experienced ski instructors/guides and sport scientist on our own - we know how hard it can be to handle a bunch of different people trying to learn or improve a sport.
We definitely will keep on surfing - thanks to the great experience we had with Aloha Surf Academy!
We also tried some other surf schools in Fuerteventura but non was as good as Aloha Surf Academy.

Visited September 2012