“Fantastic Introduction To Surfing!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of 7 Island Surf School

7 Island Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: Professional Surf Coaching and Holidays in Fuerteventura.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Loughborough, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Introduction To Surfing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Having never surfed before I was unsure what to expect but Tom's clear passion for surfing made me excited to get out in the ocean and catch some waves. The small group size gave the lessons a personal and friendly feel as we were taught the basic theory behind surfing and gradually built up our skills. I was thrilled that by the end of the first lesson I'd learnt to stand up on the board and ride the wave into the beach, and Tom was always on hand to give advice, praise and encouragement. Originally I'd only booked a taster session in case surfing wasn't for me but within an hour of my first lesson I knew I wanted to do more and booked three more lessons. I could feel myself progressing with every day and each lesson left me feeling tired but pleased with what I'd achieved. My only regret was that I couldn't surf more. I also found the other surfers very friendly and enjoyed getting to know them over the course of each morning. Everyone was quick to complement and give tips to each other. Tom and Sara also have a guest house available which, although I didn't stay in it, I heard great things about from the other surfers (clean, comfortable, friendly, well equipped, wifi) and would definitely consider returning to Fuerteventura in the future, staying in the guest house and having an official surfing holiday.

Visited July 2013
7IslandSurfschool, Owner at 7 Island Surf School, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you soo much for the wonderfull review ! It's is always such a compliment to us when we have guests that originally booked a Taster end up spending the week with us :-) If we can ever help with anything again, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thanks again and greetings from the 7 Island Surf Team.

London, United Kingdom
“Unrivalled coaching and expert knowledge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

Having done a few taster lessons with 7 Island earlier in the year, I went back to do more lessons with Tom and Sara this summer. The whole experience was absolutely fantastic. Tom has a wealth of knowledge about surfing and could always find the best spots on the island, which is critical when you're a learner and need decent surf to progress.

He was able to pick up on areas where I needed help and out in the water, with his comments and guidance, I saw loads of improvement over my holiday. Class sizes are small, so you really get the personal touch, rather than being a face in a crowd of wetsuits.

I took the yoga and surf package which made for a brilliant all round holiday and returned with some fantastic memories that will stay with me for a lifetime. Cheers Tom and Sara, you made me a surfer!

Visited August 2013
7IslandSurfschool, Owner at 7 Island Surf School, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Wow an amazing review !!! Thank you soo much for your feedback and knowing you had a brilliant time means the world to us ! We are really pleased to hear you enjoyed every single moment of the whole holiday :-) If we can even help with anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know. Look forward seeing you again in the future. Greetings from the 7 Island Surf Team.
Breda, The Netherlands
“Best Surf Camp”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

Was fantastic coaching! Tom is a very good teacher, helpful,knowledgeable and patient! Friendly staff! Everything about this surf school is perfect and we already planning our next trip.

Visited July 2013
Muchas gracias for this great review ! We are really pleased you enjoyed your time with us and can't wait to welcome you again for some more wave riding here on the sunny island. Thanks again and we look forward hearing from you in the future. Greetings, The 7 Island Surf Team.
“Best surf camp by far”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Back here again for the third year gets better every time , if you want to learn to surf this is the place .Tom and Sara great job every time . A must if you visit this island . Cheers Tom game of golf next year ;)

Visited July 2013
Thank you so much for the lovely review. It is always soo much fun to have you guys in our group year after year. A real laugh and good times guaranteed. Thanks again and look forward seeing you next year, greetings from the 7 Island Surf Team.
London, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“miss it already”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Was fantastic coaching as always by Tom, was our 3rd year attending.
Had a great 3 days surfing and just wish we were there for another 3 with 7 island surf.
Everything about this surf school is prefect and we already planning our next trip.

Visited July 2013
7IslandSurfschool, Owner at 7 Island Surf School, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thanks for this great review ! It is always a pleasure having you both in our group each year. So much fun, we can't wait for next year ! Greetings, The 7 Island Surf Team.