“Peaceful, clean and a great location”
other travelers have booked this property
Private patio swimming-pool area
Villa front view Covered swimming-pool in autum-winter-spring
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Villa front view
Covered swimming-pool in autum-winter-spring
Living-room area with, with large flat TV screen and DVD set.
Dining area
Fully equipped kitchen
Double bedroom # 1, with shared complete bathroom 1
Double bedroom # 2 with two 1m-wide beds
En-suite double bedroom # 3 with two 1-meter wide beds
En-suite double bedroom # 3 with two 1meter wide beds
Complete shared bathroom # 1
Complete ensuite bathroom for room # 3
Uncovered private swimming-pool in summertime.
Another view in summertime
Al-fresco dining area &  BBQ at background
Villa sun roof terrace-balcony out of neigbours' sight.
Front door garden
Glass bottom boat to nearby Lobos island
Corralejo seafront promenade with cool bars & restaurants
Corralejo marina. Boat rentals galore.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Kerry S
Matlock, United Kingdom
“Great villa great location shame about the complex now being "abandoned"”
Reviewed February 9, 2015 for a stay in January 2015
person found this review helpful

We came back from our holiday 2 days ago and we had a fantastic time. Had great communication from the owner and our contact in corralejo was great. The villa itself is spot on. Spacious, clean, family friendly, well equipped etc. great location, we've been going to corralejo now for years and prefer to stay a little bit out of the town centre. There is a taxi rank 2 mins down the road and it's only 3 euros into the town. We are a family of 6 kids are aged 7,10,13 and 15 so the wifi was a god send for all their tablets phones etc and it was interrupted reliable service. There was plenty of room for them to have their own space. And enough for us to have 5 mins too. All in all the villa is great. Ok, negatives and I hate to do this but need to be truthful. The pool cover is fantastic from a safety point of view and I'm sure in the summer months it does hold the heat in, we only used the pool twice as it was so cold and really could of done with heating. As there was six of us we needed plenty of hot water but there was only enough for 2 quick showers and then had to wait an hour for it to heat up again for next 2 showers and so on. The main gripe for me was that although we had a back gate to get through to the complex. the complex directly outside is now private property so whilst there is 2 communal pools they were filthy, a lot of the tiles are broken and dangerous , there is a jacuzzi with stagnant water and leaves and a building that states to be beauty rooms but it's derelict and the toilets attached are disgusting!! When you try to get through to the rest of papagayo you can't unless you walk about 15 mins down the main road. It's now fenced off with signs stating private property. We did go into the reception of papagayo and ask what was the situation and were told quite abruptly that the villas and the 2 pools mentioned were no longer part of the complex and we were not aloud to use the amenities of the complex. It was all very strange really. The surrounding apartments to the villas are now rented by locals and it's very quiet which was fine. It was disappointing as we were excited about having the "best of both worlds" our own villa and private pool but a complex to access with pool bars etc for the kids. If you're not bothered about the complex and the amenities this villa is great. I wouldn't recommend using the pools you can access through the back gate as they are dirty and when my little girl went in the clean looking larger pool she complained that her eyes stung so got her out straight away and showered her down.

Traveling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Older travelers Large groups
Feb 13, 2015
Dear guest, I am very happy you have "had a FANTASTIC time" and, I thank you for all the favourable features you have mentioned about our property - good communication with the owner and the Corralejo contact, great location, nearby taxi rank ..........to end "ALL IN ALL THE VILLA IS GREAT"
However, I do not think all your negative points are accurate. Yes, I agree the pool cover is "FANTASTIC" from a safety point of view" and it is also very convenient for increasing the water temperature. According to the French ABRISUD manufacturer the cover, if properly handled can increase water up to 10 Cº . The owner cannot guarantee guests' warm weather during their stay and less in January-February. Please refer again to our listing for full info min this respect. As to the running HOT water, the property is equipped with a 40 liter heater which is the usual device for this sort of property. In fact all villas in this complex have the same capacity. One hour is too a long time for our heater to supply a second round of hot water as electricity is the energy used.
Concerning the complex POOLS I agree they are not perfect but I do think they are in a better condition than you say. Also the SO-CALLED jacuzzi is out of service since at least 3 years now so, again please refer to our listing as you will see it is not included in our listing offer. The Papagayo complex AMENITIES are not included in our listing offer. Honestly, I am very sorry if your stay has not been "best of both worlds" but it seems it is quite clear that you found what it is offered. I still feel that our choice is one of the best money-for-quality in Corralejo - just to point out that a Gbp 485 price for 6 guests in all for 7 nights is a real bargain. All the best! The owner.
Reviewed November 12, 2014 for a stay in October 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Nov 14, 2014
Dear guest, thanks a lot for your great feedback. I'm really happy that your first experience in a private rental has been so good in our property. I agree our place and the Tamarindo complex is very peaceful and handy. As you say this is a private owned complex so no reception as a hotel though one has everything at hand outside the complex, patisserie-bakery (Dulce de Leche), pubs (Clarkies' .....), take-aways (Tiffany's .....) pizzeria and so on. I'm also happy that your little kid has enjoyed here - this is a very family friendly complex. I bet he has splashed around a lot in the toddler' special pool. If you eventually decide to get back next year you will surely be welcome. Best wishes to you and your little kid. Marvida.
Alan F
East Kilbride, United Kingdom
“fabulous spacious villa in a peaceful location.”
Reviewed March 26, 2014 for a stay in March 2014
people found this review helpful

This is a huge villa in a great peaceful location. I have never seen such large bathrooms. Both ensuite. The pool was fantastic, even warm in March and a good size for a family. The bedrooms were also very big and spacious. Close to amenities but far enough from town to be peaceful, but a short stroke to the centre. There is a selection of shops close by, along with some bars and a lovely pizza restaurant. There is a large Mercadona supermarket at the top of the road for essentials and lovely views to Lanzarote on the way. The roof terraces was a bonus when there was a cold wind and the BBQ was great for eating alfresco. You also have the facilities of Papagya next door. The pool area/garden is very private and peaceful. We thoroughly enjoyed our time in Marvida and will return to Fuerteventura next year. The owner is always a pleasure to deal with.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the huge rooms
Liked least: nothing.
Traveling group: Friends
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
Mar 27, 2014
Great guests!!!!

Hello Allan! Thanks so much for your fantastic feedback. Your review is so descriptive and complete I find it difficult to add anything else. What's more, it comes from a former guest who has stayed before in other properties of my own and, who intends to come back next year: a real pleasure to hear that. Many thanks too for the accurate description of the house. I am particularly glad you rate highly the nearby shops, bars and restaurants as it is a real plus as well as the peaceful neighbourhood - the Mercadona supermaket is a great asset to the area. As regards our mutual dealings, it is also a please to contact you any moment. In addition, when you come back next year either to our villa or to the apartments you will find some nice improvements in the properties already scheduled. Best wishes to you and your friends. Marvida.
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed January 18, 2014 for a stay in January 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Jan 27, 2014
Dear guest, thanks so much for your favourable comment. It has been a pleasure dealing with you from the very beginning and you would certainly be welcome when coming back again. As you say, the Papagayo holiday resort is being refurbished and the last jobs will be completed in a few days' time, so it will obviously look better in the end. We were informed about the works with a very short notice and I therefore offered you a most competitive price - a Gbp 455 for a seven-day stay is a real bargain!. As to the large olympic swimming pool mentioned, please take into account that it is not a free facility offered by the hotel management but aimed at professional sports people and outside people willing to pay an extra fee for an additional facility.

Only for your information, we take the opportunity to tell you that other improvements are under way in our own villa - first of all, a brand new last generation ADSL Wifi system and, some others features we may tell you if requested. But to end with and, apart from clarifying the points mentioned, we stress we would be very happy to have you back again in the property soon. You will always be welcome and offered our best price again. We expect to see you soon. Best wishes. Marvida.
SunLover2...
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Quality Villa in need of loving care”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 for a stay in August 2013
person found this review helpful

I stayed at Villa Marvida for 2 weeks in August 2013 with my husband, daughter and her boyfriend and our best friend and her daughter so 6 guests in total. As we had stayed in one of these villas a few years ago we was delighted when we booked the holiday however it didn't take long to find that the villa wasn't all it had been made out to be from the description.

When we first arrived at the villa everything appeared perfect, though I must say I found it rather odd that the washing machine was full of washing left by the villa agent!

For a villa that has no air conditioning so we had expected electric fans would have been in each of the bedrooms as standard, especially in high season when we went as the heat in the bedrooms was unbearable, we were left with no choice but to purchase fans for each of the bedrooms.

The bed linen that was provided was of a very poor standard and I can only assume the reason the sheets were so rough was because they were very old, in fact the majority of us slept on top of the beds as found them too uncomfortable to sleep in. The pillows were also very thin and as our friends daughter has asthma we needed a couple of extra pillows to prop her up in bed so I called the agent asking if we could have a few spare pillows and also explained about the bed linen just to be told there were no extra pillows available. I did ask if she could arrange for us to hire some but she said no. She did bring us one set of sheets which were better but she left me with the feeling this was reluctantly done and even though I understand there was a language barrier she made no effort to assist!

The bath and hand towels were also very worn and if I had realised they were going to be such a poor quality we would have brought our own from home.

The small bedrooms walls were dirty with several squashed bugs that should have been wiped clean prior to our arrival, also the wall behind the toilet in the on-suite bathroom was very dirty with what looked like greasy hand prints, again which I think should have been cleaned prior to our arrival. Also the bottom of each of the shower screens were black with mildew and very dirty and the bath in the on-suite bathroom has a small rust hole in the bath.

The floor of the seating area on the patio was filthy with grease stains when we arrived, this was obviously from previous tenants and no attempt to clean this prior to our arrival has been made.

The pool was cleaned on the afternoon that we arrived but then not again until a couple of days prior to our departure. From approx. 7 days onwards there was a greasy residue around the waterline and the water felt and looked dirty. Some of the sunbeds are also broken as is the clothes dryer.

The curtains leading out of the patio doors on to the patio area were hanging off and actually fell down several times during our stay.

In the kitchen the kettle is only a travel size, this was inconvenient when there were 5 of us wanting a hot drink! Also the electric socket was loose and when pulling out the kettle plug the entire casing of the socket came away. This was the same in the (en suite) bedroom socket.

There were also small things like the tin-opener wouldn't open a tin, the scissors wouldn't cut and there were only two large glasses available both from local bars, there wasn't even a proper toaster, the one provided looked like it was used on the ark!

The villa is advertised as a quality product but it sadly fell very short of this which was down to cleaning and maintenance, a real shame!!

Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Oct 15, 2013
Dear guest, to begin with I am very sorry for any inconvenience you may have suffered. I am not going to get into the detailed list of deficiencies you have encountered. But I am PUZZLED at your words - one could think the property is a wreckage which plainly would not be true. I wonder, my previous guests' reviews were so utterly wrong? or fake? In fact, your preceding guest party can be so mistaken in his review?

Just a few issues to be put clear, AMONG OTHERS, and not mentioned in your review: a) There was not a safe in the house but - at your DEMAND - one safe was fixed. b) The private swimming-pool water got greenish during your stay as the necessary authorized chemicals could not be added when scheduled, because of your opposition. It took three days after your check-out until water recovered its natural colour. It is the first time in years that this occurs. Our maintenance man could not take care of it properly. c) Air conditioning or fans were offered to you or you ever paid for?. Do you mean the fans mentioned were left in the house? To sum up, it is a pity, honestly, to receive a review so biased as yours and, it really speaks for itself. Regards. The owner.

P.S. for further details please feel free to contact me at my personal email address.
steven w
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Villa Marvida is a spacious villa with everything you need”
Reviewed August 31, 2013 for a stay in August 2013

Stayed at Villa Marvida first two weeks in August 2013 and had a great time. Villa was clean and tidy and bedrooms were large. Everything worked fine, showers always had hot water and good pressure. The pool was excellent, regularly cleaned whilst we were there, and nice and refreshing. It was warm enough to go in at any time. The roof terrace was ideal for looking out over the communal pools. It was close enough to watch your own children from, but not too close to have any noise. There were several pools on the complex which were all good quality, and the gym near reception was also quite decent. It is walking distance to town, only about 15mins away, at most. I would be happy to return in the future. Thanks for allowing us to stay. Steve and family

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Large patio area around pool
Liked least: Lack of English channels on TV for children
Traveling group: Teenagers
Recommended for:
People with disabilities Families with young children
Sep 12, 2013
Dear guests, thanks so much for your magnificent feedback. I am really happy that your stay in the villa has be so satisfying. For your information, I can add that improvements are to be introduced shortly. Works should be over by next early spring - so next year is expected to be the start of a new stage. As you would be happy to return with your family, when you do, you will be offered a good deal as you deserve. Thanks to you and your family too for having stayed with us. Best wishes. The owner.
Vilnius, Lithuania
Reviewed April 1, 2013 for a stay in March 2013

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Fabulous view from the living room window and from the terace-balkony
Liked least: No problems at all
Traveling group: Friends
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
Apr 2, 2013
Dear guest, thanks so much for your favourable and objective review. Your comment is very reliable as it discribes the property as it really is: fabulous views - in addition, you were lucky you could watch the carnival firworks from the apartment balcony-terrace - clean salted-water swimming-pools and not crowded at all and a properly maintained complex.

We try to improve things and we are buying light-read books (English, French, Spanish) to relax while on a sun-bed at the pools area or at night in a sofa. You have not mentioned our large brand-new Samsung TV set but it is onother asset. It is equipped with dish aerial to catch international channels in many different languages, including Russian, Polish and nearby country languages. Besides, a new sun-umbrella will be fitted in the apartment balcony.

To summerize, you will always be welcome when you decide to come back: it will be an honour for us to have you back. All the best to you all!!! The owner.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing