“Great Location”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Bell Air Villa

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
AgeingSta...
Geneva, Switzerland
“Great location - bit pricey and terrible beds!”
Reviewed November 16, 2015 for a stay in November 2015

This villa is opposite Boardriders in the Campanario shopping centre.
Good location, a bit of road noise but not too bad, easy for shops etc and not too far into town by cutting along the beach.
It's a bit "70s" decor and I was glad my wife wasn't with me as it wasn't super clean on arrival, but everything except the TV worked well (Washing machine, dishwasher, toaster, coffee maker , kettle etc) and the plates/glasses etc were more pleasant than in some rentals. Plenty of decent towels.

Our stay was blighted by the simply appalling beds, there are 4 singles and a double, and all are like concrete. To avoid feeling like I'd had a fight every morning, I piled all the spare blankets on top of the mattress and put the sheet over that. My friend used the softer camp bed mattress on top of his bed and considered sleeping on the sofa which is comfortable - quite awkward but anything was better than the beds!

I would only go there again if the owner replaced the beds or mattresses and posted the photos of the new ones!

Liked best: The location
Liked least: The beds! :-)
Traveling group: Friends
Friends getaway Older travelers
Tony S
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great Location”
Reviewed October 1, 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

We stayed here for our summer holiday - wife, daughter and grandchildren we had a fantastic time, villa was perfectly clean and well positioned just a 10 minute walk to strip and 5 minute to beach would definitely stay again - all communication with owner was great and was exactly as advertised.
Also there is an excellent centre just across the road with large supermarket which was ideal -think it was called campanaro
Thanks to cloda for all her recommendations
Thinking of returning for easter holiday

Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Ireneh377
Limerick, Ireland
“Dreadful”
Reviewed August 24, 2015 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

We booked 3wks in this villa last yr. week 1 was just myself and my husband and we were joined by my da for the second week. The downstairs was completely damp so there was no way we wer letting an 80 yr old man with chest problems stay ther. We explained this to the owner who agreed to refund us part of our money. We had to look for other accommodation which was almost impossible to find at that time of the year. We ended up paying quite a lot of money when we eventually found somewhere. To this day we have not received our refund. The accommodation badly needs a lot of work done on the damp problem. Also there wasent any cooker, very little cutlery, crockery etc. the TV or CD player dident work. Either. Overall this accommodation is disgraceful and I certainly would not recommend it to anyone until all the work needed has been carried out

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
ChrisHire
Carmarthen
“Pool area Needs painting badly”
Reviewed July 20, 2015 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

First impression, the outside picture has been taken a long time ago. All the paint around the pool area is peeling off walls. Villa itself, we had to clean fridge, freezer had remnants of previous occupiers goods frozen to the base so we chooses not to use it.
Didn't use downstairs bedrooms but strong smell of damp. Good points, location near shopping and not far from town centre.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Management Response
Aug 6, 2015
I am rather puzzled by your review. The villa has recently been painted both inside and out by a professional painter and I can only assume that you have stayed here prior to routine maintenance being carried out. With regards to goods being left in the fridge freezer, our property management does leave some new supplies for late arrivals, again I do not understand your comments about having to clean the fridge freezer but please be assured that these comments will be passed directly to the property management. It is such a pity that you were unable to communicate your upset at the time either to my property management or myself and for either one of us to be given the opportunity for these comments or items to be addressed. Unfortunately you have chosen to remain silent and then on your return post a review which I believe to be totally unfair. Although I do feel your comments are totally unfair I do respect your views and take all complaints very serious, I have contacted our property management and asked for a full review to be carried out. If you would like to contact me directly I would openly share their report.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 1, 2012 for a stay in August 2012

Liked best: The location
Liked least: No oven
Traveling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 11, 2012 for a stay in April 2011

Liked best: location
Traveling group: With Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing