“Excellent holiday!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Corralejo
Billabong Surf Camp & School
“Excellent holiday!”
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I stayed at the surf camp for a week in June and it exceeded my expectations, a beautiful location right on the beach with great local bars and restaurants just a short walk away.
The rooms were clean and spacious with a great view overlooking the sea, there is a kitchen to cook and free wifi so i really couldn't ask for more, I later found that this is the only surf camp in the area actually located on the beach!
Danny the instructor was very helpful and friendly, he actually got me standing up and surfing on my first day!
I highly recommend this surfing experience!
Thank you David and Danny for an amazing time.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Palermo
Reviewed August 29, 2011

was a perfect stay,in a comfortable and clean accommodation. the surf camp is on the beach in the center of Corralejo but in a quiet place, a perfect location!went well even surfing lessons, the instructors were very helpful and friendly. all the staff were very welcoming.
I met many people and living at home was pleasant. we had at our disposal a lounge with television, stereo and wifi and a fantastic garden with barbecoa, tables, benches and hammocks.
I would have stayed much longer!!!!!

Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank GaiaPalermo
Reviewed August 22, 2011

I stayed at the surf school for 1 blissful week!The school was clean and felt really like i was at home.I would defiantly recommend this place to all my friends and i am hopefully returning next christmas .

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed August 10, 2011

the 21st of july we went with 7 friends to Corralejo for our surf holiday, when we arrived at the surfcamp it was like our dream had come true! It was the best place you could wish for to stay at for a week! it's right at the beach and the ambiance is beautifull! The first day of surfing was on friday and when we came back there was a Barbeque set up for us, we felt home right away! the guys that run the surfcamp are really nice and there willing to do anything for you so you can have a great time. The surflessons were so much fun, we got to different beaches everyday so we saw a big part of the island. And because you go to different beaches everytime you have different kind of waves every day. We went with a group of also beginners and advanced surfers, but that was no problem. We could go together as a group on the surflessons and everybody was taught in there specific level. So the beginners wouldn't hold back the advanced and the advanced wouldn't overrule the beginners, wich is nice! So i would say to all people who want to go surfing on fuerteventura, go to corralejo and go to billabong! you will have the best time of your life! and you'll make friends for life! Hope to come back as soon as possible because it definitely felt like home!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Agnuts
Reviewed July 20, 2011

Spent a week in late June in the surf camp and can honestly say it's one of the best week's holiday I've ever had! I booked last minute cheap flights, was travlling by myself and had never surfed before so was a bit wary, but in every way, had such an amzing time. : )

I booked through Nomadsurfers which I was a bit worried about as had read some dodgy reviews, but had confirmed my flight arrival time with David by e-mail and so was met at the airport all no problems, and driven the half hour to the camp.

The camp accomodation
The camp is literally sat on the beach, which is why I chose it. I made friends with some guys staying in various other hostels/surf camps in town and their places just could not compare. I could see the sea about 20m from my window, sat on the doorstep of the camp eating my cornflakes in the morning feeling pretty smug. The location is also right in the thick of it next to bars/supermarkets/restaurants and other hotels. Corralejo's such a nice size that I don't imagine any hotels are too far away from anything, but the Billabong camp has the best location of any I saw. The place is really nice too, nice bunkbeds, bathrooms, few sofas for snoozing on, hi-fi with i-pod connection, tv (not that it got switched on when I was there), there's also a nice front garden bit with hammocks and cushions on just off the beach where David cooks up a nice bbq on Friday for you too. Good kitchen with all you need.

Surf lessons
Lesson's are 10 til 2-3ish which is perfect as you're fairly knackered after that. Got driven through awesome views to whatever beach had the best waves that day. Danny's a brilliant instructor, genuinely watches how you're getting on and gives constructive tuition, there's lots of other surf schools you can see on the beach where there's one instructor just standing on the beach watching 15 or so people in the sea and I swear all his job is to do is count how many heads are still floating on the water. But great quality billiabong equipment, nice Billabong wetsuits which I appreciated (maybe as a girl) as some of the other places use the cheap scabby ones which arn't as comfy.

The town
Really great nightlife, lots of nice restaurants in town and round the marina. I assumed Fuerta would be a bit Brits abroad but I think because its more sports oritented it seemed to be either surfers/kitesurfers or families. Tended to hang out at some of the more chilled bars round the square but there are some clubs and bars which go on til the early hours. David was really happy to introduce to his friends and other local guys and go see live music etc... should you be looking for ideas.

Other stuff
I managed to spend a fair few afternoons kitesurfing too, as by the time I was back from surfing the wind was picking up on Flag Beach. David put me in touch with some of the local kiteschools where you can rent equipment or get lessons. I went with Red Shark who I thought were great. Flag beach is only a €3 taxi ride although David dropped me off a couple of times and would've picked me up if I'd asked. Or you can walk it in about 20 mins on the sea path. Amazing kiting. I know a lot of people who hired windsurf stuff for the afternoons too which you can do right on the beach outside the Billabong camp. There's a paddle board at the camp too which is there to use if you want.

Basically, the camp's exactly everything you need, David is incredibly passionate about the camp, the town, his business, and incredibly accomodating so will help in any way he possibly can to make your stay better. Danny's an awesome instructor, the beaches/waves/wind are beautiful, the town's really lively, there's loads of lone travellers so you meet loads of people. I'm really not sure what else you could need.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank Gem088
Newport
Reviewed July 1, 2011

Not normally the type to write a review after a holiday, however, this holiday has exceeded my expectations and I feel it’s the least I can do to promote future business! I was initially a little hesitant to head off on my own as I tend to travel with groups of friends and family!! I needn’t have worried as David and Danny were super friendly and made me feel at ease straight away, the surf camp vibe was nothing is too much trouble and if I needed anything then just ask! Everyone staying at the camp (a nice mix of Spanish, German and Welsh) got along superbly and I have made some very good friends. It was my birthday on the Tuesday and David went through the trouble of reserving a table at a superb fish restaurant in the harbour and arranging for a birthday cake along with sparklers to be brought out on the strike of 12! I had no idea this had been arranged as he only told the other guys staying at the camp! Also received a cool surf related present from David and Danny . Basically a fab super friendly location right on the beach that feels as if it’s your own personal villa for the week….oh and if you’re not interested in surfing then you can just use the accommodation for a very reasonable price. Although I’d highly recommend the surfing as it was top notch with good instruction and quality Billabong equipment. Everything seems to be on your doorstep…nice restaurants, banks, supermarkets (Use the Spar downstairs in the shopping centre)…even the Wakiki bar is only a few steps away via the beach, but far enough away to not disturb sleep. All in all a wicked holiday that will be hard to beat…definitely looking forward to returning very soon for my next Fuerte adventure….might see you there!!! Oh and this place has free WIFI....which you can just about pick up whilst tanning on the beach!!! EPIC :)

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Welshocean
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed March 31, 2011

The house is in a perfect location literally straight on the beach, about 20 steps down to the water, and 2 minutes walk to the main street in Corrallejo.
The house is very clean and tidy with basic but charming furniture’s. Every room has their own bathroom and in the one we stayed you have perfect sea view and amazing sunrises. There was a common kitchen and living room area that you shared with the other guests. The week we stayed we were the only guests so it felt like you had your own beach house!
The garden is made of the same sand as the beach so we had the breakfast there every morning enjoying the amazing sea view.
In the evening we enjoyed chilling out in the hammock that was hanging between the palm trees, which was very relaxing!
The surf lessons included wet suits, boards (adjusted to your level) and transport to the most favorable surfing spot of the day.
David and Daniel that runs the place are very nice and they make you feel as part of the team, they will make your stay unforgettable in terms of friendliness and interest in your personal needs to help you out and make your stay comfortable. We would greatly recommend this place to anyone who goes to Fuerteventura and looking for some genuine and peaceful atmosphere. Our experience was amazing and really positive, and thanks to David we left the island with new friends and memories that we can't wait to enjoy again. Thank you once again guys !!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple