“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Amber Indian Restaurant - CLOSED

Amber Indian Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Liverpool, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

We ate here 2 days before we were due to leave and I am so sorry I didn't find this restaurant a lot earlier on in our visit because I probably would have ate here every day! The food was absolutely to die for and not only was it the best Indian I have ever had it was the best meal I have ever had. My partner who is not a big Indian lover agrees and said he felt like kissing the chef! Puts Indian restaurants in England to shame. The food is reasonably priced and I probably would pay double that to have a meal like that again. Staff are really friendly. Don't let the decor put u off! It was an absolute joy to eat here and if I ever return to corralego this is where I will be heading first!!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Lf123_12

Copenhagen, Denmark
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Indian food I have ever tasted”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

This restaurant has the best Indian food I have ever tried. And I have tried a lot. I ate here several times during my stay at Correlajo and can wholeheartedly recommend the food.
The interior and exterior is mediocre, but the food is excellent.
The food is cheap and usually there is a great menu offer. We had a three courses meal for 7.99 EUR. The food was perfect.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Andreas N
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Expensive but lovely”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

The service was a little slow and the bill was a little high but that said the food was delicious and worthy of a mention

Visited June 2013
Falkirk, United Kingdom
“Awesome meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

We were out for an Indian that night so when the tout stopped us we immediately agreed, also got his ticket for 20% off.
Eating was my Husband and I and our 3 year old and 10month old.
Restaurant Is small, maybe 6 outdoor tables for 4 and 6 indoor if that. No problem getting a highchair for the little one.
Waitress took our order, I ordered a Mirch Masala, and my husband I cant remember but on ordering the waitress asked how hot we would like our meals - not many restaurants do this as they just cook a big batch but obv this place cooked individual dishes. I asked for mine medium and my husband asked medium hot, he had a discussion with waitress to describe exactly how hot 'little less than madras' was his end request.
We asked for poppadums while we waited on our main. These came out with a tray of Mango Chutney,Spiced Onions and Riata. All was lovely. 10month old loved the popps and 3 year old loved the Riata - who knew.
We had ordered noodles and tomato sauce for 3 year old and chicken dippers for 10month old, they both shared and seemed happy enough. My Husband and I's main courses were absolutely delicious, the flavours were beautiful and the spiciness just right. Chicken was pretty fresh, I've had softer chicken but it was fresh enough.

If you're looking for a delicious Indian meal to satisfy a craving this restaurant will fulfil and much more. Mmmm delish!

Cost for us all was £45 and that was with 4beers and 2colas(20% discount used also though)

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Wolodomyre
UK
“WOW! we would fly there just for this restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

In the words of my other half '' I don't want the taste sensation to end'' ! we would quite happily fly the chef home with us :) . After being hassled on the corner by touts trying to get us to go there we finally gave in and it was the best Indian food we'd ever had. We had the 4 course set meal 6.99 euro's (couldn't even buy the ingredients here for that!) to start poppadums with dips WOW!, then a choice of chicken pakora which the other half had and onion Baji's and OMG they were the best bajis I'd ever had, then to follow I had the butter chicken with rice and the other half had the chicken tikka, rice and naan, it seems that the waiter will let you have almost anything on the menu as part of the set menu, and he will ask you how hot or mild you want it. Your drinks are served in frozen glasses.... perfect! went there twice and was just as good each time.

• Visited June 2013