“Not so contente cantante!!”
Review of Cantante Cafe

Cantante Cafe
Ranked #36 of 398 Restaurants in Corralejo
Cuisines: Seafood, Healthy, Fusion
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Restaurant Bar Cocktail bar Chillout Zone Ocean View Shisha Place Corarlejo Bay Late night entertainment Breakfast Lunch Dinner
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Arrived at quiet time, waiter launched into selling us Chateaubriand or T bone steak as house recommendations. Surveyed menu and agreed T bone would be a good idea. Placed order only to be told there was none!! How does that work?? Does the left hand know what the right hand is doing?? Opted for Fillet which was ok but next hiccup was as they delivered my steak they removed my knife only to spend the next two to three minutes checking all the other tables for a steak knife for me. meanwhile my meal was going cold. Chose house red wine as felt other wines were over priced. It was disgusting and the only time we have not finished a bottle with our meal.The restaurant was about 5% full, there were plenty of staff to cope but we left having had a poor experience and 50€ lighter!! very disappointing as from previous reviews I had expected switched on staff an atmosphere and quality food. Wasted my money!!

1  Thank Bluechequer
Write a ReviewReviews (1,352)

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Lovely sea front restaurant with staff that make the experience. Food was good quality at reasonable prices but staff were the outstanding aspect, which made our children want to go back again and again.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We happened on this gem on our first trip to Corralejo earlier this year, when a very friendly waitress (Suzy?) invited us in from outside, and returned when we recently stayed nearby.
I really cannot recommend this place highly enough. Amazing views, very relaxing just to sit and do nothing other than look out to sea with delicious tapas and a glass of wine in hand. As mentioned by other reviewers, the waitresses are lovely, happy, friendly and polite and clearly take pride in their jobs. We give a substantial tip on the last visit of our stay.
The food and drinks are good value and high quality. There is also a bewildering amount of drinks on display behind the bar. I can only imagine that nights here must be very loud, enjoyable times and my only regret is that we did not visit at night or often enough!

2  Thank summerjazz
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Visited La Cantante three times for lunch and once for dinner during the week that we spent in Corralejo. Can't praise it enough. The staff are warm, welcoming, smiling and made us feel like old friends, the food was fresh and well cooked, with generous portion sizes. Try the avocado with prawns as a starter and if you have the fabulous chicken kebab, make sure you're hungry to start with! Lunch was lovely with the blue ocean right in front of us, and dinner was special, with candles on the tables and the warm breeze from the sea. Go - you will not be disappointed! (If you're reading this at La Cantante, I'm the one who joked about looking like Marilyn Monroe!). We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Fantastic food and service! great to sit out the front and watch the sea front. i had a fillet steak and it was the best ive ever eaten!! My husband ha Sea Bass cooked in salt it was then taken out on to a table and lit on fire, it was great! The kids loved it too. A must to visit.