“Excellent food”

Ranked #72 of 380 Restaurants in Corralejo
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: This is NOT the one in La Oliva - it's in Corralejo!
Reviewed October 5, 2013

My friends wanted to eat fresh fish, but I wanted meat or something else, because I usually don't eat/like fish. So we found this very nice restaurant at the harbour. Very nice staff, some live music and fresh fish of the day. They let you pick the fish yourself, you can choose how you want it and they make it for you. I went for the homemade lasagna, which was delicious! My friends also found their fish to be delicious. Took some time, but it was fairly busy and this is Spain after all so we didn't mind. All in all, would definitely recommend to everyone. Wasn't expensive either, €20 for drinks and food. (There are cheaper restaurants of course, but this was good price-quality ratio!)

There are newer reviews for La Marquesina

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Brilliant restaurant , really well looked after . Beautiful fresh fish and sangria . Lovely candle lit table arrangement and location right by the sea ! The fish baked in salt is brought out and lit right in front of your then careful de boned and served . Can't fault the restaurant worth a visit !

1  Thank emiC94
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We walked past this restaurant when we were waking along the port of Corralejo. Subsequently we found ourselves hungry for a fresh seafood lunch and decided on La Marquesina, which was in a stunning location on the promenade around the port of Corralejo.
I am always a bit concerned about finding a restaurant that suits our desire for tasty food, with good service and also has something that will satisfy our nine year old niece. Thankfully La Marquesina delivered on all the aspects.
We started the meal off with a tasty aperitif of stuffed olives and peppers
I am not someone who is too adventurous, however, I decided to push the boat out and try something different and we decided to go with the shared mixed paella..
The main did take its time in coming, however, we were not in a rush and when it did arrive the size of the main for the two of us, was very well proportioned with generous helpings of prawns, mussels, chicken, beef, and squid. The taste and freshness of the dish was sensationally and we both thoroughly enjoyed it. Our niece ordered chicken nuggets and chips from the children's menu and I can say that the dish was was fresh and very tasty.
The wine we selected for our meal was based on a recommendation from the waiter and was a local Lanzarote white wine and was very nice and complemented the dish very well.
Having polished off our main course, we had just enough room for desert. Our niece went with the vanilla ice cream, which was very tasty and she polished off in extra quick time. My husband went with a lemon meringue cake, which was very well resented and very tasty as he finished it in double quick time. I went with the lemon sorbet and again this was very tasty.
Overall the food was sensationally tasty and fresh in a very laid back atmosphere. The service from the waiting staff was excellent and there was not enough they could do for us. Our meal was thoroughly enjoyable and would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for an enjoyable meal in a very relaxed atmosphere with sensational views of the port of Corralejo.

1  Thank Mandy S
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We ate here as a family early August and I have to say we were pleasantly surprised!

Looking at the menu, it is a bit vague, but ultimately very good. I had the seafood pancake as a starter - which whilst sounding a bit dubious was delicious and I highly recommend it! We were given complimentary dishes and drinks at the beginning and end of our meal which were a nice touch. The general portion sizes were huge and the service was great - one waiter in particular seemed to go the extra mile (making jokes with the family and interacting with children).

I would recommend eating here 100% and only wish it was based in England so I could visit on a regular basis!

We also ate at it's sister restaurant which was a steak/meat based establishment. It was also fab.

1  Thank Emmaloutea
Reviewed August 16, 2013

visited in July 2013, 2 adults, 2 22 year olds. Meal was excellent, fabulous starters, sea food pancakes teriffic, lovely baby squid, mussels and sardines. Mains 1st class, fish of the day et al. Room for a pudding, great local meringue type cake, and the best fig parfait ever. Plonk..vina sol gran reserva..lovely. Nice little complementary tit bits to eat too, and likewise liquers.

Not cheap, 160 euros for 4. 2nd visit 140. Great location, attentive staff....recommended.