“Great seafood paella”
Review of La Playita

La Playita
Ranked #75 of 430 Restaurants in Corralejo
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

Really nice restaurant. We had the seafood paella, which was amazing and really good value at €24 for two people. Nice atmosphere, they go nuts for people's birthdays too. Recommended visit for sure.

Date of visit: July 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,522)

Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

We were an a short exploratory trip to have a look around the town to see what it had to offer, we came across a small harbour wall overlooking it we found la playita.. a beautiful setting with very helpful and friendly staff. We ordere a set tapas menu.. absolutely delicious and plenty of it too. Well worth a visit

Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

I identified this restaurant from TripAdvisor after reading the great reviews and disregarding one which was poor.
I acknowledge that most people will visit and enjoy this restaurant and I wouldn't want to dissuade readers from doing so. However, this review is based on our experience.
The place was busy but we were seated quickly. Within the space of a few minutes, several staff visited our table, three of whom asked if we wanted to order drinks. We ordered a particular wine and a waiter arrived at the table shortly after saying they didn't have it and he was holding an alternative, local wine - upon seeing my confused look he disappeared and returned with the one I ordered. We noticed this same thing happen at other tables.
We ordered starters and mains - I wanted fish but without bones - I was persuaded to have Barracuda, freshly caught today and was given absolute assurance it would be bone free. My wife ordered prawns as a starter. When her prawns arrived, they were ok but somewhat overcooked. We had waited a long time so did not raise this as an issue. When my Barracuda arrived, the first fork full revealed a bone at least two inches long - then several more. In addition, it had no real flavour. I was asked if I wanted to choose something else but again, after the long wait, I chose not to.
In summary, service was slow and promises made were not delivered upon. I hope your experience is like the majority of reviewers rather than ours, as it's clearly a popular place.

Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

On our 2 week stays we ate here 2 times and both times the food was brilliant an the service was just as good... the setting looking out over the harbour helps this be a must place to eat out

Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

We have visited this island many times and we always look forward to coming here, the food is amazing. The gratinated fillet is to die for. Great with families or couples. We have probably tried 40 other restaurants here and as yet nothing beats this one!