“You REALLY won't find anywhere better in Corralejo!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cafe Antiguo del Puerto

Cafe Antiguo del Puerto
Ranked #21 of 366 Restaurants in Corralejo
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“You REALLY won't find anywhere better in Corralejo!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

Whilst visiting family, I went to Cafe Antiguo twice for lunch. The first occasion was superb, hence why I returned a few days later for more superb tapas. English-speaking Simon patrols the front, luring people in with his charm and knowledge, whilst ensuring patrons are waited on attentively. He's a great guy and more than accommodating, suggesting popular dishes and going out of his way to tailor your experience to meet your requirements, e.g. providing a shaded spot if you're susceptible to sunburn or offering a sheltered spot if it's a little windy.

Towards the end of the holiday I wanted to take some friends out for a birthday lunch and opted for an afternoon of authentic tapas at the establishment which had consistently delivered such fantastic results all week. Yet again, they excelled themselves providing a free glass of Cava to each of us, a free portion of chocolate birthday cake large enough for six people to share and a ludicrously reasonable bill given the quantity and quality of delicious food and drinks which we enjoyed. I have never experienced such superb value for money before!

To anyone looking for authentic food, a beautiful and tranquil setting, exceptional customer service and superb prices, I strongly recommend you visit Antiguo and I would challenge anyone to disagree with this review! Set in a tourist hot-spot, you could easily be duped into paying for a poor experience at a rival bar/cafe/restaurant, but head to Antiguo and you won't be disappointed. Don't be fooled - I do not work for Antiguo nor had I ever met Simon before - I just appreciate good food and good service for a fair price, wherever I travel! Can I really say anything more to convince you?!

If you're reading this Simon, I hope you receive lots of new and repeat business from this review as you and the staff most definitely deserve it. Keep up the great food and superb customer service! My family and their friends who live on the island have now found there most favourite local eatery in Corralejo and, without question, I will be back when I next visit if only for the caramelised goats cheese! I look forward to seeing Alfie again too, and wish him well for fatherhood!

1 Thank SAS178

• Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Great authentic tapas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

If you want to try the best authentic Spanish tapas, then this is the perfect place. The food and wine is incredible and it's a great spot by the water. No pizza or fries on this menu! The manager Simon is a top guy who went out of his way to ensure we had the best evening and explained every dish in detail. He even gave us so great recommendations for other places to go in the area. Thoroughly recommended

2 Thank Adam C
Dublin, Ireland
“A Must Do Restaurant in Corralejo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

Enjoyed a wonderful evening in Cafe Antiguo with traditional Spanish food and really good Sangria Cava. Chef went the extra mile to satisfy the vegetarian requirements. Very happy to recommend - we even managed to extract the sangria recipe from Simon before we left.

1 Thank Blackout
“The best place in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

If u like to feel the taste of 100% traditional spanish food, coocked with love and attitude listen to SIMON and make the order as soon as u can! Definitely the best place in Corralejo if u want something different than hot-dogs, hamburgers and steak houses!

Hereford, United Kingdom
“Eat here once - and you won't want to eat anywhere else.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

My Swiss partner and I are pretty particular about the quality of dining out and Corralejo is mainly populated with steak bars and restaurants catering for Brits, (everything with chips) for whom a good steak meal at home can be pretty expensive.

We therefore put some research time in and asked some locals where the best place to eat was, and most suggested 'anywhere not in Corralejo'. We found a great restaurant in La Oliva, the regional centre, and another in Villaverde, but Corralejo seemed to be a bit of a good food desert. That is, until we were accosted by a charming guy called Simon on a walk out to the end of the town beaches strip near the harbour. Simon persuaded us to try the tapas (50 different types available) at Cafe Antiguo del Puerto, and our restaurant-hunting days were over.

We ended up eating there on at least 4 occasions, including our last evening, because we had found a genuine Spanish restaurant serving superb food and staffed by the nicest waiting staff you could hope to meet.

I would say that if you visit Corralejo and do not, at some time, eat here, you will have missed out on a real treat.

• Visited May 2014